Chapter 39

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kris's POV:

“L-Look!” Jessica pointed to her collarbone. “It’s bruised.” Worry filled her eyes. “Did you…Did you...” she looked up at me.

“I-I…Jess, it’s…well…I…” I kept stuttering uncontrollably as my eyes were staring straight into her eyes.

“Did you see me fall a lot yesterday?” she finished her question as she kept looking at the bruise on her collarbone through the reflection of the mirror, still oblivious to the fact that it was really a hickey I had made just ten minutes ago.

I looked at her taken aback before nodding my head. “You did fall a lot, but you didn’t hurt yourself at all except maybe your knee.”

“Then how do you think I got this bruise?” she poked the hickey with her index finger questioningly.

I wrapped my arms around her from behind, apologetic that I couldn’t control myself. She trusts me too much to really think of me as the culprit. I tightened my hold on her and snuggled my chin onto the nape of her neck. Her warmth emitted on me, making me feel warm but guilty as I truly felt apologetic.

“Jess, I’m sorry, but I did it.” I watched her reaction closely on through the mirror.

Her finger dropped from the hickey and her eyes widened. “O-Oppa did this?” her eyebrows raised.

I nodded as I kept my gaze on her through the reflecting mirror.

“I’m sure it’s an accident. You must’ve hit me when we were sleeping.” Jessica poked the bruise again. “It’s okay, Oppa. It’s only a bruise. It should go away soon.” She smiled reassuringly.

Pecking her cheek, I smiled as I found her innocence adorable but I had to speak the truth. After all, trust is the most important key in a relationship. She would want me to tell her the truth. I needed to let her know that I wouldn’t hide anything from her and that I was willing to accept any punishment she’d give me.

“Jess, I didn’t hit you. I never would, but…I made this on purpose.” I slid my fingers over the purple hickey on her collarbone gently.

Her eyes widened yet again as she turned around and looked me straight in the eyes.

“It’s not a bruise. It’s…it’s a hickey. I gave you a hickey.” I sighed as I hung my head low and ruffled my hair.

There was a silence for a moment; only the ventilation of the bathroom was heard.

“Oppa…” Jessica’s voice was almost a whisper. “Did you do this because I bit you yesterday?” she looked concerned, almost guilty.

“No!” I waved my hand as I shook my head. “I didn’t do it for revenge or any of that sort! I would never want to hurt you.” I gazed into her eyes lovingly with a hint of regret.

Jessica’s lips pouted. “I guess I do deserve it.” Her head hung low.

“What?” I gasped. “Hey, hey,” I whispered as I lifted up her chin to face me. “It was out of the moment. I didn’t mean to bite you. Don’t blame yourself.”

Her eyes met mine and she was definitely upset. “Oppa, you should be mad at me. I did give you that.” She pointed up at my neck in guilt.

I stepped back and faced the mirror. Furrowing my eyebrows, I saw a dark purple mark near my collarbone, where Jessica bit yesterday.

“It’s okay, it’s not that bad. It’s really small.” I brushed it off.

Jessica gingerly tugged the collar of my shirt down diagonally as she bit her lip.

My jaw dropped as I looked at my bruised collarbone through the mirror, dumbfounded. It was bigger than just a small mark. Jessica’s bite mark was still present and noticeable, along with the bruise. I blinked a couple times to register the hickey she had given me personally. Oddly, I liked it. She has labeled me and I had labeled her. It looks quite nice, to be honest. It showed ownership, I love the idea.

“Sorry, Oppa.” Jessica frowned as she watched me run my finger over the love bite over and over again.

I gave her a small smile before pulling her in a hug. “It’s okay. I admire it. Hickeys are a gesture of love, right? There’s nothing to be apologetic about. We can treat them as…couple marks.” I comforted her. “We did get them in the same place.”

Jessica nodded her head as she buried it in my neck. “Oppa, are they supposed to hurt? I’ve never gotten one before.” She glanced up at me.

Realizing that she hadn’t experienced much in relationships, I felt even more held back and that I shouldn’t rush things. I’ve told myself that for a while but I’m going to keep my word. She’s important to me and I don’t want to lose her.

“I’m glad to be your first for something.” I smiled before pecking her lips. “They’re not supposed to hurt unless you press on them with force.”

“How do they go away?” her head tilted to the side adorably. “It’s going to be embarrassing to walk out with a hickey on my collarbone the whole day.”

I cleared my throat before rubbing the back of my neck. “Well, it takes time…it’s not going to go away that fast…”

She blinked at me, “How long?”

Shrugging my shoulders, I tried to sound as calm as possible. “Weeks…it depends on how hard you bite.”

Jessica’s mouth was agape. “What? Weeks?! We have to go to the dinner tonight!” she pouted. “I’m sorry Oppa, I know this hickey is supposed to signify us and our love but I don’t want people to see it and think that I’ve been hit by something.”

“It’s okay, I understand. We could work something out.” I tried calming her down as my eyes glanced around the room and they landed on her side of the sink counter, where all her make up supplies were placed neatly. “Make-up!” I pointed at her products.

She trudged herself towards the counter and started to do her best as she applied several beauty products on her collarbone. After brushing around a black fluffy brush on her neck area, she stepped back and faced directly at me.

“Is it noticeable now?” Jessica blinked.

I eyed her neck area as I stepped a couple steps back and then a few steps forward. “You know, you can always step outside with it. That way everyone knows that you’re mine.” I chuckled, earning a shy, flushed face from her. “There’s still a little purple color. Try putting more of that stuff on.” I pointed to the small bottle of product she first used, seeming that it worked a lot when she put it on.

Doing as told, she started to cake her neck with make-up, trying to make it look natural yet covering my mark I’ve made on her. She glanced at me for approval after she finished applying more products. I held out a thumbs up with a small smile after examining her neck for any dark spots.

“Oppa should get ready and we can go down for lunch. It’s already noon.” Jessica smiled as she skipped her way to exit the bathroom, letting me clean up.

 

 

~~

 

 

Author’s POV:

 

Walking out of the bathroom all freshened up, Kris spotted Jessica all ready and waiting in the living room with a booklet in her hand. She was looking through the cafés and mini restaurants on the ship, deciding where to have lunch. Seeing seafood themed restaurants, Jessica shook her head in disapproval, knowing that Kris dislikes fish from the time they had dinner with Mommy Wu at the Japanese seafood restaurant before she left. Kris disliked the majority of food present on the menu and ended up asking for a salad of some sort, which he barely ate.

“Oppa! There’s a café that serves breakfast all day!” she called out when she found a decent little café that fits both of their standards.

No cucumbers, no fish. Breakfast all day meant pancakes, waffles, orange juice, milk, etc. No where in that word did it remind them of the foods they detested the most.

Kris sat down beside her and eyed the booklet as well. “Breakfast sounds nice.”

Jessica nodded along with him. Her finger trailed the words as she tried to find the location of the café on the ship. When she found it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter