Chapter 65

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV:

 

Roaming the aisle with in fast pace, Kris was in a rush to get the medicine and leave. He didn’t want to keep Jessica waiting, not when she wanted him to stay. He felt bad for going against her pleading wish, but it had to be done. Her health was important to him.

Spotting the fever reducing acetaminophen medication, Kris grabbed the small box and sped himself to the check out lane. He sighed when he saw that there was a line. He had no choice but to patiently wait, as there was only one till opened.

After spending ten long minutes in line, Kris finally reached the counter and made his purchase. Getting himself back into his car, he realized that they hadn’t eaten anything today and Jessica must be starving. Seeming that she was sick, he decided to buy some porridge for her before returning home.

Arriving at the nearest restaurant, Kris asked for some regular porridge to go. Being told that he had to wait a while, he sat down in the corner of the restaurant. Glancing at the time on his phone repeatedly, he counted how long he has kept Jessica waiting. It’s been almost half an hour. He realized that he did drive a little too far. He contemplated whether or not he should call her, but he just tucked his phone away, assuming that Jessica was still sleeping and he would go back home without Jessica noticing his disappearance.

Running back into the car with the warm porridge, Kris hurriedly rushed home. It’s been forty-five minutes and he hopes that Jessica didn’t wake up yet, or else he’d regret coming out in the first place.

Turning the key to the front door, Kris unlocked it and made himself in, shutting the door behind him quietly. Slipping off his shoes, he directed himself to the stairs when he saw a cute bundle of white duvet on the foot of the stairs. He heard sniffling and quiet sobs; he immediately realized it was Jessica and knelt down in front of her, holding onto her after placing the things he bought on the floor gently.

“Jess, what are you doing out of bed?” he questioned, trying to search for her eyes as he tried to take the duvet off her head.

Jessica lifted her head up to see her Kris looking at her with gentle yet concerning eyes. She immediately started to cry even harder as she lunged forward to hug him. He was back.

“Why are you crying, Jess? I was just out to buy you some medicine and food.” He hugged onto her as he tried comforting her. Kris felt terrible for leaving her. He regretted it and didn’t expect her to be in this state.

Not replying, Jessica only continued to bury her face into Kris’s neck as she hugged onto him, tears overflowing. She didn’t want him to leave again. Her hold on him tightened as much as she could.

“I’m sorry, I should’ve told you I went out.” Kris spoke apologetically as he picked the dropped duvet off the floor and wrapped it back around Jessica as he stood up, still holding onto her. “Were you upset? I shouldn’t have left when you told me to stay. I’m sorry, I won’t do it again.” He cooed in her ear as she made his way up the stairs with her clinging onto him like a koala.

Jessica whimpered as she sniffled. Kris set her down on the bed, as he didn’t break any contact with her. Flipping the duvet over them, Kris then hugged onto Jessica even more securely, as her ragged breathing was returning to its original pace.

“Don’t…leave.” Jessica whimpered with leftover tears on her eyes.

“I’m not going to leave this time. Go back to sleep.” Kris whispered in her ear before placing a kiss on her lips. “I’ll be here when you wake up. I promise.”

Looking up at him with teary eyes, she saw that he was serious this time. She nodded before she snuggled up to him, hugging onto him again. Feeling his arms around her, she felt more secure and relaxed.

Kris held onto her closely, taking in everything from her above normal warm temperature to her light breaths. He watched her doze off to sleep the third time today and he felt extremely apologetic and resentful for leaving her, as he traced his thumb over her reddened eyes. Placing a soft butterfly kiss on her lips, Kris then held onto her tighter. He wondered why she would cry so much if he just left for almost an hour.

Another hour has passed by and Jessica was in dreamland. Kris was still awake, trailing his fingers underneath her shirt, tracing figure eights on her back as he passed time. As Jessica’s head was tucked under his chin, Kris took in her peachy scent as he gazed mindlessly out the balcony door in silence. The house was still and quiet, only the breaths of Jessica and Kris were heard, seeming that no one was home except the two.

Kris’s eye flickered away from the balcony as he heard a click coming from downstairs. The bedroom door was slightly ajar, yet he heard the sound due to the quietness of the house.

Hearing a few clacking sounds, he realized the person who came home had heels on. The person was quiet for a moment before they came up the stairs quickly. Jessica’s bedroom door opened slowly, revealing Tiffany in work attire with a concerned look on her face.

Kris lifted his head up off the pillow and spotted Tiffany holding up several plastic bags. “Hey.” He whispered, greeting her.

Tiffany let out a sigh of relief before she shuffled towards the bedside. “I heard Sica was sick from JinHee and I came home as soon as possible after buying medicine and food. Thank goodness you stayed home.” She whispered back before placing the plastic bags on the nightstand. “I saw that you bought medicine and porridge. I brought it up here too. You left it on the stairs.”

“Thanks.” Kris gave a small smile. “Jess has a high fever.”

A frown appeared on Tiffany’s face before she walked to the other side of the bed to take a look at Jessica. Turning the Jung over, she examined her face and placed a hand on her forehead.

“You left the house, didn’t you?” Tiffany looked up at Kris.

Kris nodded slowly. “Yeah. How did yo-”

“I know everything about Sica.” Tiffany flashed a small smile. “She cried and she’s sick. You obviously left her home alone. You never leave Sica home alone when she’s sick.” She shook her head before rushing into the bathroom. "She gets scared that she'll pass out and no one would know. She thinks that no one would be there to save or help her. Sica has insecurities when she's weak."

Kris just stared amazingly at Tiffany. She really does seem like a mother. Jessica’s mother. Every single little detail, Tiffany knows about and from that, she can tell what had happened with just a glance. She was definitely someone important to Jessica, someone she also loved. Tiffany was just too good.

“Here, put this on her forehead.” Tiffany handed a cold damp towel to Kris before looking through the plastic bags.

Following instructions, Kris tried to lay Jessica flat on her back to place the towel on her head. Jessica only whipped back to her side and hugged onto him tighter. Trying again, Kris tried to loosen her hold on him. Jessica only squirmed around frantically.

“Oppa~!” Jessica called out in a whimpered, scared voice. She gripped onto shirt tightly, thinking he was going to leave again. Her eyes filled fright as she looked up at him.

Kris only stopped his movements and shushed her quietly, calming her down. “I’m not leaving. I’m still here,” he whispered lovingly into her ear. “I’m just going to put this towel on your head, so lay on your back.”

Jessica bit her lip before doing so. Placing the folded towel on her forehead, he gave her a smile before pecking her lips rewardingly, making her relax.

Tiffany just smiled at the sight before she grabbed the food that she had bought, along with the porridge Kris had bought and went downstairs to heat it up.

Sniffling, Jessica pouted with her reddened nose. “I don’t like being sick.” She sighed.

Kris only chuckled at her comment, as he gazed at her pink flushed cheeks along with her pouty pale pink lips, not to forget her red tinted nose. “You still look adorable.” He entwined their hands together with a smile on his face.

“I don’t feel adorable.” J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter