Chapter 62

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV:

 

Pushing Kris up the stairs forcefully, Jessica urged Kris to go get changed quickly. Seeing him disappear around the corner of the hall, Jessica hoped he would be able to hide the love bite she gave him. Turning around to head down the stairs, she noticed that Krystal had just opened the door and gave their parents a hug. Jessica smiled widely when she saw her parents. She missed them dearly. A smile appeared on Mr. and Mrs. Jung’s face as they watched Jessica descending the stairs hurriedly in excitement.

After greeting each other warmly, the Jung family happily grinned and made their way into the house.

“Not much as changed…” Mrs. Jung spoke as she recognized everything in the house. “Still clean, neat and cute.” She smiled.

“Fany and Sica just work very well together.” Mr. Jung chuckled. “Speaking of her, where is the red head?”

Just as he hasn’t visited his daughter in a while, he hasn’t seen her best friend either. Mr. Jung had a brotherly bond with Tiffany’s father, making the bond between Tiffany and Jessica even closer. The two families were extremely close. Anyone could mistake them as relatives.

“Fany is still sleeping.” Jessica replied. “You guys came earlier than expected.” She shuffled into the kitchen to boil up some tea for her parents. “It’s only eight thirty.”

“Your mother got excited.” Mr. Jung chuckled as Mrs. Jung giggled.

“Why, is it wrong to miss my daughters so much?” Mrs. Jung smiled brightly. “We haven’t had a family meal together in such a long time! Let’s go to lunch together! We can catch up. Let’s bring Fany along too!”

Krystal perked up. “Food!” she cheered, lighting up the mood.

“Soojung still has to finish packing.” Jessica reminded.

Krystal’s shoulder immediately deflated. Her lips formed a pout, not wanting to deal with packing as she really wanted to go out and eat.

“Then we’ll quickly pack first!” Mommy Jung clasped her hands together before dragging Krystal along with her into the guest room in a hurry.

Jessica smiled and placed two green tea bags into two separate cups before pouring hot water into them. She knew her parents loved tea. Green tea to be exact. Handing a cup to her father, Jessica kept the other for her mom.

“Dad, why are you wearing a tie?” Jessica asked with an amused smile. Her dad was wearing a blue business suit with a red tie. “Do you have work today?”

Mr. Jung grinned joyously. “I look spiffy today, don’t I?” he wiggled his eyebrows funnily. “I see young male workers with their business suits…they just look so young, so I tried to wear it as my casual attire. What do you think?”

Jessica laughed, “Dad, I don’t think that’ll work for casual wear. Plus, they don’t really have their tie that tight.”

Father Jung blinked understandingly before adjusting his tie, pulling it loosely. “Do I look young and cool now?” he placed his cup of tea down on the counter before shoving his hands in his pockets and posing coolly.

Receiving a giggle from Jessica, he frowned. “What’s wrong now?”

Although her dad was a tall and pretty built man for his age, Jessica just couldn’t help but laugh at his witty ways. “It’s nothing. You look great, dad.”

“Let’s go help Soojung and mom now.” Father Jung chuckled, letting Jessica lead the way.

Mr. Jung was a proud father with endless support for his family. He was protective yet caring and understanding. He may seem like a very relaxed man with his sarcastic and humorous side, but if something happened to his family that he disliked, he would make sure it would not happen or effect his family. He loved his family and would do anything to ensure safety, protection and love for them.

Handing her mom the cup of tea, Jessica then took a seat on the floor next to Krystal who was speedily shoving her clothes into her suitcase, wanting to go to lunch already.

“Omo! Soojung! Nothing is going to fit if you just throw them in there!” Mother Jung frowned as she held her cup of hot tea in her hands. “Fold them neatly.”

“Why?” Krystal whined. “They’re going to be taken out anyways~”

“Aigoo!” Mother Jung shook her head disapprovingly. “You need to stop being so lazy Soojung.”

Mr. Jung laughed. “She inherited that from me.” he sat down on the small couch in the room before taking a magazine from Krystal’s pile of belongings and reading through it. Without a word, he then got up and made his way to the bathroom around two minutes later.

“Soojungie~ Stop playing on your phone and pack!” Jessica poked the younger one who stopped packing the moment she found her phone under the pile of clothes.

Mommy Jung sighed at her second daughter before placing her cup down. “I’ll help you pack when I come back from the restroom, Sooyeon.” She spoke to Jessica before heading to the bathroom.

Recalling her way around the house, Mother Jung made her way to the bathroom down the hall. Knocking the closed door to see if anyone was there, she retreated back towards the room when she heard her husband tell her that he was going to take a while in there. Just as she was about to walk back into the guest room, she remembered that there were various bathrooms upstairs.

Swiftly moving up the stairs, she decided to use Jessica’s bathroom, just to be safe. She didn’t want to use the guest bedroom’s bathroom because it was closer to Tiffany’s room and could possibly wake her up.

Opening the door to her daughter’s room, Mommy Jung casually walked in. Spotting the bathroom door, she directed herself towards it slowly as she looked around the room. She knew that Jessica would always have some new pictures. Her daughter wasn’t a brand manager for nothing.

Reaching over on the vanity table, she saw a picture frame with her daughter and a male. Picking the frame up, she examined the photo of Kris and Jessica, smiling at the camera. Mommy Jung’s head tilted, wondering who the male was. Glancing up at the mirror for a quick second, Mother Jung’s eyes quickly returned to the mirror with a stunned expression. What she saw in the reflection of the mirror was indescribable.

Kris was standing in the corner of the room with his back facing the vanity table, taking off the fifth shirt he tried on to hide the love bite. Sticking his collared denim button up shirt back into the closet, he looked through his clothes to see if anything else would be able to cover the bottom of his neck. Grabbing a white dress shirt that he’d normally wear for work, he slipped it on and turned around as he tried to buttoned it, wanting to see his reflection on Jessica’s white vanity table.

Looking up from the buttons, he was met with an unfamiliar figure standing in front of him. Kris jolted back in fright as he stared at the middle-aged woman with wide

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter