Chapter 63

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV:

 

Sitting adjacent to Mr. and Mrs. Jung across the coffee table in the living room, Jessica and Kris were sitting on their knees respectfully.

“Care to explain now, Sooyeon?” Mr. Jung asked patiently with a smile on his face. He was curious about the male that sat in front of him.

“Omo! Honey, this is Sooyeon’s boyfriend! He was actually here to visit for a couple days!” Mrs. Jung giggled, as she gestured her hand to Kris.

Mr. Jung’s eyes immediately stared at Kris with wide eyes. Feeling uncomfortable with the long stare, Kris kept his eyes glued onto the table. It was nerve-wracking to be meeting Jessica’s parents so formally like this.

“You’re dating Sooyeon?” Father Jung questioned, his voice was unpredictable.

Kris’s eyes met with his. “Yes, sir. My name is Kris and I am your daughter’s boyfriend.” Kris spoke clear and concise. He was a branch manager after all, meeting and speaking to people formally, being professional on a daily basis.

Mr. Jung hummed and nodded his head, as he scanned Kris’s physical appearance.

Jessica’s hand tightened on Kris’s under the table before she looked up at him. Kris gave her a reassuring smile. She was nervous. She knew her father well and seeing that he was already examining Kris, let her know that he was starting his little interrogation on him.

“How old are you?” Father Jung had begun his questioning.

“Twenty three, sir.” Kris answered.

“May I ask about your occupation?” Mr. Jung asked.

“Co-branch manager of Business Management branch at G Company.” Kris replied confidently.

Mr. Jung’s eyebrow rose, realizing he was working at the same building at his daughter. Branch manager? Impressive for someone his age. “Why did you choose daughter?” he gave his last testing answer, hearing his previous information had already hooked him in.

Kris gave a warm smile as he glanced at Jessica beside him. “I fell for her charms, even if she wasn’t trying. She is absolutely amazing. She has the cutest, most loving personality that I immediately adored from the beginning. Jessica was someone different and someone who I saw great things with. I absolutely love every little thing about her and I would do anything for her. She’s everything to me.”

Father Jung watched as Kris spoke heartily with his glistening eyes, hearing everything he had to say. He saw how genuine Kris’s eyes and words were when he spoke about Jessica. Every sentence was filled with words from the heart and Father Jung knew that Kris meant everything he said.

Kris was very well eligible to be with Jessica. Father Jung approves.

“It’s a pleasure meeting you, Kris.” Mr. Jung gave an approving, satisfied smile as he extended his hand.

Kris immediately shook it with a polite smile. “It’s an honor to meet you, sir.”

“Mr. Jung would be fine.” Father Jung chuckled as he received a nod from Kris.

“Omo~!” Mrs. Jung giggled and clapped her hands. “This is wonderful! Aigoo~ Sit comfortably!” she gestured Kris to stop kneeling.

Ever since the beginning, Mommy Jung had a sudden liking to Kris. She thought he was very upright, respectable person whom she can trust to make Jessica happy, just by looking at him. Mommy Jung was just as excited and happy that her husband had approved of him.

Jessica let out a sigh of relief. Explanation one, cleared. Kris gave her a successful smile as he sat himself down comfortably.

Just then, Tao appeared into the living room. He immediately gave a long ninety-degree bow as soon as he saw the Jung parents. “A-Annyeonghaseyo!” he stuttered.

Tao knew that he would have to meet Jessica’s parents sooner or later after they had barged into his room all of the sudden. The poor panda didn’t know that they had guests over either. This was all a sudden shock. First he gets his privacy invaded and then he has to meet new people…parents to be exact, right when he wakes up. It felt like a dream to him. Kris had told him to come right down after he finished changing to respectfully greet and meet Jessica’s parents, but he had stayed in his room for an extra five minutes to process what was really going on.

Mommy Jung blinked before gesturing him to sit down. “What’s your name?” she asked kindly.

Tao shyly smiled. “My name is Tao. I’m in the last year for college.”

Giving a motherly smile, Mrs. Jung patted Tao’s cheek. “You’re so adorable~” she cooed.

Tao smiled meekly. “Thank you…” he shyly replied, keeping his head relatively low.

Jessica bit her lip anxiously. She had two parts to really explain to her parents. One was that Kris was her boyfriend. Second was that Kris and Tao were actually living in the house with her and Tiffany. She didn’t know how to tell her parents.

“Are you friends with Kris and Jessica?” Mommy Jung was trying to get to know more about Tao.

Nodding honestly, Tao answered her question. “Yes. We’re very close. Hyung and Noona are very nice to me. Hyung is actually my guardian.”

Mommy Jung’s eyes widened as her lips formed an o shape. “Guardian?”

Tao smiled, “Yup! Hyung has been looking after me ever since my parents moved back to China. We’ve been best friends ever since we were little too.”

Father Jung was surprised. Kris was a successful person and he was looking after a college student as well. Kris seems to impress Father Jung more and more.

“Impressive.” Mr. Jung gave an acknowledging nod towards Kris.

Kris bowed his head with a smile. “It’s nothing actually, Mr. Jung.” He was starting to speak a bit comfortably with Jessica’s father.

“Auntie and Uncle Jung!” Tiffany suddenly exclaimed at the doorframe of the living room with a happily surprised expression on her face.

“Omona! Fany!” Mommy Jung got up and hugged onto the red head. “I haven’t seen you in so long! How have you been?”

Tiffany gave her eye smile. “Great! We’ve actually been doing terrific! The house is much more full and livelier ever since Kris and Tao moved in!”

Jessica’s eyes widened. Somehow she wasn’t the one who was breaking the news to her parents today. Everyone has been blurting the important, anxious, lip-biting info. She just felt like digging a hole and hiding under it, of course, it’ll have to have room for two, seeming that she might need Kris with her. Jessica didn’t like to feel nervous like this.

The Jung parents’ eyes widened before they turned their heads towards their eldest daughter after hearing Tiffany’s leaked information.

Tiffany blinked as she eyed their reactions. “Sica didn’t tell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter