Chapter 56

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV:

 

“What are you doing here?” Jessica asked dumfounded. “Why didn’t you tell me that you were coming?”

“I wanted to surprise you and Tiffany Unnie!” Krystal happily smiled. “Can I come in now?” she didn’t wait for her sister’s response as she slipped herself inside, dragging her luggage behind her. “It’s been so long!”

Tiffany shuffled out of the living room after hearing an extra voice. Her face lit up when she saw Krystal smiling as she took off her shoes.

“Unnie!” Krystal happily exclaimed as she spotted Tiffany. “It’s nice to see you again!” the little Jung attacked the red head with a tight hug.

“Krystal!” Jessica suddenly shouted, staring out the front door with wide eyes. “Is that all your luggage?!” she walked outside and gestured to the many cases of luggage there was at the doorstep.

Krystal nodded. “I moved everything from California. Mom wanted me to move back, so I’m here! I wanted to stay here for a week or so before moving back in with Mom.”

Tiffany gaped at the number of luggages that Krystal managed to bring over. “How did you even bring all this over here?” Tiffany questioned as she started to help bring the cases in.

“The taxi driver was nice enough to help me bring them up to the doorstep!” Krystal giggled.

Jessica and Tiffany helped Krystal move all her luggage into the house and pushed them all into the guest room on the first floor that Mommy Wu had used before.

“You’re lucky you came after we finished cleaning.” Jessica sighed as she plopped down on the white bed in the guest room.

Krystal pouted, “Why do I get this room? It’s so small! Why can’t I stay in the guest room upstairs like I always did?” she folded her arms and stared at her older sister. “Is someone else using it?”

“Er…something like that.” Jessica mumbled and sat up on the bed. “Just use this room.”

“Fine~” Krystal sat herself down on the floor and grabbed one of her suitcases, beginning to unpack.

Tiffany suddenly came in with the last of Krystal’s baggage. “Here,” she placed the bag down on the floor. “I need to get ready!” she speedily rushed herself out of the room and up the stairs.

Krystal looked at the door dumbfounded as Jessica continued to help her sister unpack. “Where is she going?” the younger one asked.

“On a movie date.” Jessica replied casually and pulled out a shirt from the luggage. “Hey! This is my shirt!” she gave Krystal a slight glare before flinging the shirt over her shoulder. “I was looking for this for a long time!”

Krystal gave an innocent smile before giggling. “I liked the shirt so I took it. You didn’t seem to mind.” She laughed. “So Fany has a boyfriend?! Who is it?!”

Jessica started to search through the stuff in the luggage, seeing if there were more of her stuff in it. “His name is Kai. He’s really nice and caring. He treats Fany really well. They’ve been together for a while now. Two or three months?” She suddenly pulled out another shirt that was originally hers and flung it over her shoulder as well.

“Ooh~” Krystal cooed. “She’s so lucky! I want to see this guy! Is he picking her up? He must be good looking if Fany likes him that much.”

The elder nudged the little one. “So nosy!” Jessica pinched Krystal’s cheeks teasingly.

The doorbell suddenly rang and Jessica let go of Krystal’s cheek as she stood up. Walking towards the door, Krystal trailed closely behind Jessica. Opening the door, Jessica smiled politely.

“Hi Kai! Fany isn’t ready yet. Would you like to wait inside?” Jessica welcomed Kai in.

“Hey! Sure.” Kai smiled and stepped inside. He stopped in his tracks as he noticed someone unfamiliar standing next to Jessica. “And you are…?” he glanced at Jessica for help.

Krystal only stood there, staring at the tall handsome tanned male before her in awe.

“Oh, this is my younger sister Krystal. Krystal, meet Kai.” Jessica smiled and nudged the awestruck Krystal.

“I didn’t know you had a younger sister.” Kai blinked before directing his eyes to Krystal. “Nice to meet you. I’m Kai, Tiffany’s boyfriend.” He smiled and offered a handshake.

Krystal nodded and shook his hand. “Nice to meet you, I’m Krystal.” She continued to stare at him with interested eyes.

Kai cleared his throat at the awkward stares he was receiving. “Is…there something wrong?” he looked at Krystal weirdly.

“Ah!” Krystal jumped. “No! It’s just you’re very good looking!” the young girl exclaimed. “Better than the guys in America! Tiffany is really lucky to have you!” Krystal reached out to poke his face, but Jessica grabbed her hand and pulled her back.

“Sorry, she’s a bit weird.” Jessica apologized on behalf of her sister. “She just came back from America. She’s a first year in college.” She explained.

“Yah! I’m not weird!” Krystal’s mouth was agape as she glared at Jessica.

Kai nodded with a chuckle before turning his attention to Tiffany was descending the stairs happily.

“Sorry, I took a while.” Tiffany apologized as she hooked her arm around Kai’s.

“It’s okay. Well, we’re going to go now.” Kai smiled before opening the door for Tiffany. “Oh, Kris should be coming back soon. The meeting went well though!” he informed before waving the two Jungs goodbye.

As soon as the door shut, Krystal blinked. “Who’s Kris?” she asked as she followed Jessica back into the guest room.

Jessica bit her lip as she sat down in front of the open suitcase. How was she going to explain everything to her younger sister all in one day? There was a lot to say and she knew Krystal would blow so many questions at her if she found out that she had a boyfriend and he was living with her, not to mention sleeping in the same bed together. Maybe she’ll just tell Krystal when Kris gets back, that way it might be more comfortable.

“Fine, don’t tell me.” Krystal stuck out her tongue before giving out a big breath. “Fany Unnie really hit the jackpot! Her boyfriend is so handsome!” she changed the topic.

A scoff escaped Jessica’s lips before she shoved a set of casual clothes in Krystal’s hands. “Stop drooling over Tiffany’s boyfriend and shower. You smell like an airplane.”

The younger one blew out a sharp breath and stood up, holding onto her set of clothes. “I wonder if Kai has any brothers…” she mumbled to herself as she sauntered her way out of the room.

“Soojung!” Jessica exclaimed with a gasp. “Stop thinking about getting yourself a boyfriend! It’s only your first year in college!”

Krystal stuck her tongue out at her sister before running up the stairs. “I’m showering in your bathroom! I didn’t bring soap!”

Jessica sighed at her irresponsible sister and walked into the kitchen. She was going to prepare lunch, but realized there wasn’t much in the fridge. She needed to go grocery shopping now if she wanted to make lunch. Biting her lip, she didn’t want to leave because Kris could be coming home any minute. She let out a sigh and decided to get groceries since Krystal might complain about the missing snacks and food.

Making a small shopping list, Jessica then made her way upstairs to tell Krystal that she was leaving. “Krystal!” she called out as she knocked on the bathroom door.

“What?!” Krystal shouted over the running water.

“I’m going out to buy groceries! You’re going to be home alone. I’ll be back soon!” Jessica informed and walked out of the house after receiving an okay from her younger sister.

Getting in the car, Jessica decided to make her way quickly to the nearest supermarket. She wanted to be back before Kris got home. She did tell him that she was going to be home the whole day and she didn’t want him getting mad at her.

Krystal stepped out of the shower and changed herself into a white v-neck t-shirt and black jogging shorts. Keeping the towel over her head, she decided to ruffle her hair dry as she looked at reflection through the mirror. Looking around for the moisturizer on the sink counter, her eyebrows furrowed at the right corner as she noticed some products for males. She grabbed the tube and examined it; shaving cream. She shrugged her shoulders, thinking her sister uses it.

Happily applying her face with moisturizer, she patted her face as she finished. She turned around and was about to head out of the bathroom until she noticed the laundry basket in the corner of the bathroom. Grabbing the black fabric and lifting it up, she eyed the big black jeans. Jessica couldn’t fit these. Krystal eyed the jeans suspiciously. It was definitely for a male. She threw the jeans back into the basket and headed out to the bathroom, she just supposed Jessica had bought the wrong pair of jeans.

Skipping her way out of Jessica’s bedroom, she ruffled her hair with the towel that was kept over her head. Making her way down the stairs, she headed into the kitchen, looking for some snacks. She was hungry and a bit tired from the jet lag.  Searching through the cupboards loudly and carelessly for food, Krystal didn’t hear the front door opening. Sighing, she couldn’t find anything and decided to cut herself some fruits. Grabbing the cutting board, a knife and an apple, she began to cut off the skin of the apple.

Kris had just came home. He was about to run up the stairs, but he heard some noise emitting from the kitchen. He knew that Kai had brought Tiffany out, so he was sure it was Jessica. A smile appeared on his face as he made his way towards the kitchen.

Seeing a female figure standing in front of the kitchen counter with a towel over her head with her back facing him, Kris grinned. He figured that Jessica had just finished taking a shower. Making his way towards her silently from behind, he wanted to surprise her. The familiar peachy scent made its way into his nose and he smiled. Kris wrapped his arms around her waist and buried his nose into her neck. He held her close and hugged her tightly, enjoying her scent. He felt a different feeling about her but he shrugged it off, wanting to enjoy ‘Jessica’s’ warmth.

Krystal’s eyes widened in shock and fear when she felt a pair of arms encircle her. She glanced down at the arms and she could tell it was a man’s. Feeling herself being pulled, she suddenly stopped when her back hit the stranger’s chest. She gasped when the man buried his face into her neck.

Placing the apple down slowly, Krystal’s grip on the knife tightened. She blinked a couple times and took in a deep breath before she shoved the man off of her.

“WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT DO YOU WANT?!” Krystal held the knife out towards Kris who was a couple feet away from her.

“W-What?!” Kris’s eyebrows furrowed as the towel on Krystal’s head fell to the floor, revealing her black hair. Kris’s eyes widened. Jessica didn’t have black hair. “WHO ARE YOU?!” he inquired with a glare.

“I SHOULD BE ASKING YOU! WHAT ARE YOU? A ? R

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter