Chapter 17

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kris's POV:


I flipped my duvet over my head as my alarm rang. "...5 more minutes..." I mumbled.

I fell back into deep slumber for a while and my eyes shot open when I felt like 5 minutes passed by. As I grabbed my alarm clock, I shut it off and threw it back onto the nightstand.

I took a deep breath and smiled. "Time to see my Jessica today..." After reminding myself, I got up off my bed and went to wash up.

After putting in a dress shirt and some black jeans, I made my way to the kitchen, not bothering to tuck my dress shirt in. I popped some of the leftovers from last nights dinner into the microwave and grabbed a bottle of water.

I made my way to Tao's room and found him lying on his bed lifelessly. "Yah! Wake up!" I slapped his arm.

Tao twitched awake and shot up immediately. "I was getting dressed!" he said tiredly as he sleepily stumbled his way to his closet.

"Always lying in the morning!" I smacked the back of his head lightly and made my way out the door. "Be ready in 5 minutes or I'm leaving you behind!"

I sat down in the kitchen and started to munch on the cereal I made for myself. Tao walked in. "Where's my food?" I pointed to the microwave. "You can leftovers from last night."

"Fine~ At least I get to eat Jessica Noona's food again!" he happily skipped over with the food in his hands.

I eyed him and the food Jessica made last night. I quickly took the plate away from him and replaced it with my cereal bowl. "HYUNG!" Tao pouted.

"My apartment. My rules." I simply stated when in reality, I wanted to eat the food my girlfriend specifically made for us last night.

~

*Ding*

My phone pinged as I drove my car. I ignored it for the sake of safe driving. Tao quickly grabbed my phone and looked at it. "Hyung! Kai Hyung texted you!"

I pulled my car over to the side and grabbed my phone to read the message.

 Hyung! I'll be at work earlier today! Take your time dropping Tao off!
  -Kai

Kai and I were both managers on our floor. Business managers to be exact. We worked well together. Great minds think alike, I guess.

I sighed in relief. We were running a bit late today and I still had to drop Tao off to his college. I glared at the panda siting next to me. "Wake up earlier tomorrow!"

"Calm down Hyung! We still have time. I'm not going to be late." Tao sipped on his banana milk.

"Yeah. But I might be late." I grumbled as I drove off.

We reached the college and Tao got off, waving me goodbye. I rolled the window down and threw his backpack at him. "For a senior in college, you're pretty irresponsible!" I lectured him before driving to work.

~

I made my way out the parking lot and to the stairs. When I got to the main floor, I looked around for Jessica. I couldn't see her so I took my time signing in at the front desk. I showed the security my name tag and he nodded, letting me go towards the elevators.

I leaned my back against the granite walls as I waited for the elevator. People started to flood around me and the doors of the elevators, mumbles and heels clicking on the floor could be heard.

I frowned as I remembered why I don't like taking the elevator in the morning. I planted myself in the corner and waited until the crowded clustered into the elevator lift and the door closed. I sighed in relief.

"Someone looks lonely~" the sweet voice said. My head shot up as I heard her. "Jessica!" I smiled as she walked towards me and hugged me.

"Oppa, why are you standing here by yourself?" she asked as she pulled away from the hug and patted her pencil skirt down.

My eyebrows raised. She looked completely different in work attire. White dress shirt tucked in her pencil skirt, completed with her red heels and bag. Complete business like and she looked adorable yet sophisticated at the same time. "Someone looks different today~ Make up too~" I teased.

"It's my normal work attire," she nudged my arm. "Oppa doesn't look that bad today either~" she looked me with a smile.

"I know." I laughed.

She playfully scoffed.

I slung my arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer to me and whispered in her ear. "My Aegi looks beautiful as always."

Her eyes widened and her face turned bright red but she couldn't help but keep a bright smile on her lips.

"Did the elevator come yet?!" a familiar voice shouted as the sound of heels came closer to us.

"Ani~" Jessica replied, cupping her cheeks to hide her reddened face.

"Good morning Tiffany." I said over Jessica's head.

"Oh! Kris! You really do work here!" Tiffany's eyes widened.

"Yeah. I guess we never really saw each other since I always took the stairs." I smiled.

Tiffany nodded as we all got onto the elevator. "Hey, there isn't anyone flooding in here today!" she grinned as she pressed the button for the 23rd floor.

Tiffany spoke too soon. Many people started to pack themselves in and press the buttons. I got pushed back all the way to the corner of the elevator.
 


Jessica's POV:

More and more people rushed inside the elevator making Kris and I back up. Everyone cramped and shifted inside as the door shut closed causing me to back up even further until I hit someone's broad chest.

My eyes widened and I glanced back. Kris was smiling softly at me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and tucked my head under his chin.

We heard a giggle and looked to the right only to see a bright flash. Tiffany snapped a picture of us with her phone. Her smile got even bigger when she looked at her screen.

*Sneaky Fany!*

The elevator stopped on the the 8th floor and most people started to rush out.

"I sent it to you~" Tiffany said as she walked towards us.

My phone pinged in my hand and I clicked on the text I received. Tiffany really did send the picture she took of us just now. I smiled at the picture and showed it to Kris and I set it as my wallpaper.

"I want the picture too!" he said.

I giggled and sent it to him when I heard a gasp from Tiffany. I looked up at her and followed her eyes.

The elevator door was about to close and a man slipped in just in time. He let out a sigh of relief and looked at us. It was Kai.

"Hey!" Kris greeted him with a nudge to his arm.

"Oh hey!" Kai smiled at Kris and gasped when he saw me. "You two really are cute together!" he laughed.

My eyes widened. "Y-You knew that we were together?"

He nodded and turned his head to the other figure next to me. Tiffany.

*Fany told him...*

"Oh hey, Tiff!" he greeted her casually and stood next to her with a smile on plastered on his face.

Tiffany smiled at him and turned into the slightest shade of pink. Her make up covered it. She glanced at me, wanting me to ask him why he was here.

"Kai, you work here too?" I asked for Tiffany's curiosity...and mine too.

He nodded his head. "I'm actually Kris's partner."

My eyes widened. "Really?" I faced Kris. "You never told me!" I smiled.

"I didn't know you wanted to know," he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Few of the EXO boys work here too." Kai mentioned.

"Really?" Tiffany and I both said in complete interest. "We didn't even notice them before!"

"We're pretty spread out in the building," Kris said as he slid his arm around my around my shoulders. "We meet up for lunch sometimes."

"So many surprises today!" Tiffany smiled.

"Does Tao and Sehun work here too?!" I gasped.

Kris chuckled. "No, they're

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter