Chapter 82

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV:

 

“You what?!” Tiffany exclaimed wide-eyed when Kai explained exactly what had happened earlier that same day.

 

Kai gave an awkward laugh, rubbing the back of his neck with huge guilt.


“I thought it’d be funny.” Kai spoke up. “I didn’t think they’d take it seriously. They didn’t bother hearing me out afterwards when I told them that it was a joke.”

 

Tiffany frowned. “They didn’t listen?”

 

“Nope.” Kai shook his head. “It’s hopeless.” He sighed in a deflated manner before looking at his girlfriend with a frown. “Kris is going to kill me.”

 

Tiffany bit her lip. “It’s okay, Yeobo. Maybe I can tell Sica first.” She reasoned, trying to make Kai feel better. “Let’s just hurry and find Sica.”

 

Leading the way out of the kitchen and into the living room, Tiffany abruptly stopped when she reached the room full of attentive boys.

 

Kai bumped into her back from her sudden stop. Peeking over her, his eyes widened at the sight.

 

The EXO boys were gawking at Kyungsan in Kris’s arms. Looks like Kris and Kyungsan already woke up and made it downstairs.

 

“Oppa, why are you just standing there?” Jessica inquired as she made her way down the stairs.

 

Her questioning look disappeared when she noticed the full living room with nine pairs of eyes were staring in the direction of Kris in full concentration.

 

Kris glanced at all of them with furrowed eyebrows. Something was out of the ordinary. The boys only got this quiet when…

 

Uh-oh.

 

“HYUNG! YOU’RE REALLY A FATHER NOW!”

            “AM I AN UNCLE NOW?!”

                        “WHAT’S HIS NAME?!”

                                    “WHEN WAS HE BORN?!”

                                                “SINCE WHEN WAS SICA NOONA PREGNANT?!”

                                    “HE LOOKS SO CUTE!”

“CONGRATULATIONS!”

“I KNEW IT!”

“HYUNG! WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL US?!”

 

The words came flying all at once, startling Kyungsan. Gripping onto Kris’s shirt, Kyungsan blinked at the many yelling strangers in the living room. The wildness made his eyes widen and stare at the male strangers in shock.

 

Kris’s eyes narrowed. “Who told you guys?” he growled lowly, obviously furious.

 

The boys whimpered and immediately settled down. “…No one…” they all murmured at once, shrugging their shoulders.

 

“Tell me…” Kris spoke in a hostile way as his eyes scanned each of the boys’ faces with a deadly glare.

 

“Ahem. Kai. Ahem.”

            “J-Jongin.”

“Err, yeah, him…”

 

They all spoke with wandering, soft voices, afraid. Quickly ratting out the culprit, the boys definitely did not have a backbone with Kris was fuming.

 

Kris’s eyes darted around the room, searching for Kai. When he couldn’t find him, he glanced over to Jessica, but only found Kai standing behind Tiffany near the kitchen with wide eyes.

 

--

 

“For an remarkable co-branch manager at work, you sure are terrible at trying to control your friends after telling such a false story, even if you meant it as a joke.” Kris continued to lecture Kai.

 

What was even worse was that the EXO boys were not even off the hook. They had to sit in the room and watch. They knew they were next after Kai.

 

“I’m telling you, please don’t tell made up stories anymore. They’re not funny and the boys will start believe whatever nonsense you say.” Kris sighed, trying to get the fact that Kai can’t be humorous with made up stories, into Kai’s own head. “You’re better off acting cool and nice instead.”

 

Sighing, Kris then directed his eyes to the rest of the boys. “And for the rest of you…” he narrowed his eyes at all of them. “You are all adults…shouldn’t you all know any better?”

 

“B-But we thought it was true…Kai spoke so seriously…” the EXO boys mumbled quietly. “You know how gullible we are…”

 

Kris plopped down on the couch he was sitting on, losing it. “Why would you guys think I’m a father?!” he exploded in frustration as he whined, kicking his feet on the couch. “I’m not even married yet!” he covered his face with his hands, about to sob from his group of ridiculously naïve friends.

 

After half an hour trying to get the fact that he wasn’t a father into their thick skulls, it wouldn’t be a surprise that Kris was going crazy.

 

“We wouldn’t mind if you have a child though. We were just excited to see who the kid was.” Kyungsoo said as a matter of fact. “I would’ve became an uncle!” he exclaimed happily, having the other boys agreeing and nodding their heads.

 

“Your child would’ve had eleven uncles!” Chanyeol stated happily.

 

“But wait, who is the kid?” Baekhyun questioned, suddenly realizing.

 

Kris frowned, laying on the couch in defeat. No one can appall someone this much except for the EXO boys. How could fully-grown adults believe such a blatant lie? Kris just couldn’t wrap his head around that fact. His friends were just so weird and awkward.

 

“It’s Kyungmi’s son.” Kris spoke up, with a sigh.

 

The EXO boys were frozen on the spot, staring at Kris in shock. Their eyes narrowed into sharp, menacing glares.

 

“WHO IS KYUNGMI?!”

            “DON’T TELL ME SHE WAS AN EX-GIRLFRIEND!”

                        “YOU CHEATED ON JESSICA NOONA?!”

                                    “YOU HAD A BABY WITH A LADY NAMED KYUNGMI?!”

“WHEN WAS THIS?!”

“I DEMAND AN EXPLANATION!”

“HYUNG! HOW C

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter