Chapter 48

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica’s POV:

Stirring awake, I fluttered my eyes open and blinked a couple times to register what was in front of me. Adjusting my eyes to the white color in front of me, I knew what it was immediately. Kris’s shirt. Gliding my eyes upwards, I was met with his relaxed sleeping face. It was heartwarming to see a peaceful and calm Kris after his angry outbursts for two days straight.

Smiling, I examined his flawless facial features up close, as I lay there unmoving, not wanting to wake him. Placing a kiss on his lips, I then nuzzled myself closer into his chest, feeling satisfied. It was the most safest and comfortable place ever, other than in Kris’s arms. I loved the way he would always keep me close, never pushing me away.

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt him move. Feeling his leg brush against mine under the sheets, I knew he was awake. Lifting up my chin, I looked up at him as my arms encircled around his waist. Feeling his hand play with the end strands of my hair, I kept my eyes on his face as his eyes were still shut.

“Good morning, Oppa~” I whispered as I gave him a peck on his lips.

Kris hummed as his lips curved into a smile. He kept his eyes closed and held me closer; his fingers left my hair and started to trace circles on my back soothingly. He was still half asleep, but still wanted to let me know that he was aware of everything that’s going on.

Laying on the bed in a comfortable snug silence, we only held onto each other with eyes closed, for who knows how long. Our lazy days would always start like this. It started to happen ever since Kris had moved in with me. We would always savor each others warmth for hours in the morning till the afternoon before getting up.

Finally opening his eyes, Kris placed a kiss on my forehead. He continued to trail his lips down my temple, cheek and lastly, my lips. His morning kisses would change everyday, making me expect something different every single time we wake up.

His lips pressed firmly onto mine and started to purse his lips softly further onto mine repeatedly. Thinking that this was it, I responded to his kiss as I wrapped my arms around his neck, letting him hover over me completely.

I felt him smile against my lips before he started to nibble on my bottom lip gently. I felt one of his arms wrap around my waist, pulling me up closer to him. His soft, tender nibbling stopped as he bit down strongly onto my lip, causing me to whimper and take in a small, short gasp. Kris quickly slipped his tongue in. Feeling surprised by his actions, I didn’t know to react. His tongue explored my mouth, as I stayed motionless. When his tongue slid against mine, I let out an involuntary sigh, not knowing what came over me, but I felt my body temperature shoot up. This kiss was the hottest one I felt, literally.

Feeling his tongue slip out of my mouth, he planted one more kiss on my lips before removing away. He buried his face into my neck and hugged onto me before mumbling.

“I love you, Jess.” He breathed onto the skin on my neck, making me feel tingly.

I felt him smile against my neck as he listened to my irregular hitched breathing, caused by his long kiss.

“I love you too, Kris.” I replied after I caught my breath.

He planted a chaste kiss onto my neck before lifting his head up to face me. “I’m going to squish you now.” Kris gave a playful smile before he lowered his whole body onto me, putting all his weight on me.

Tapping his back repeatedly with my hand, I whimpered, as I couldn’t catch my breath. “O…ppa~” I managed to squeak out.

Hearing him give out a chuckle, Kris then rolled off of me. “It helps with breathing stronger. Challenges your lungs.”

I pouted, “Is that why you squished me with your heavy body?” I gave out a sigh of relief before trying to catch my breath back again.

Kris nodded his head. “Maybe I should start squishing you more often. That way you can take my undeniable kisses longer.” He smiled before hugging onto me.

“Maybe I shouldn’t let you kiss me anymore…” I spoke sarcastically, earning a glare from him.

 

~~

 

Making my way downstairs, I skipped my way to the guest room where Mommy Wu was staying. Knocking on the door, I waited for her response, which was quick and granted my entry. I poked my head in when I opened the door, smiling.

“Jessi! You’re awake~” Mommy Wu grinned and gestured me to come in.

“Good afternoon~” I giggled, realizing it was noon.

Shuffling myself to her side, I was interested in what she was looking at. Pictures. Beautifully taken pictures.

“Oh, that one is pretty!” I pointed to the picture of a couple kissing on the beach. The sun was shining brightly, causing the faces of the couple to be shadowed.

Mommy Wu giggled, “You do?”

I nodded my head as I took a seat next to her on the small couch. Holding the picture in my hands, I examined the photo. Strangely, it looked familiar.

“Mom, where’d you get these photos?” I asked as I looked up, seeing her go through many other photos with a huge smile on her face.

“Oh, JinHee gave them to me yesterday during lunch.” Mommy Wu replied casually.

I nodded my head again. “She’s a very good photographer.” I grinned as I looked over the beach photo again. “I like her photos.”

“She’s good, right?” Mommy Wu smiled and handed me a couple more photos.

Looking over the photos, it was a few more shots of the couple on the beach. Going in chronological order, it seemed that the girl was running away from the boy. The boy caught up with her and spun her around. Glancing back to the first picture of the couple kissing, I tilted my head. It seems all too familiar.

Lifting my head up from the photos, I peeked over to the photos in Mommy Wu’s hand. My eyes widened when I saw Kris in one of the photos. As she flipped to the next photo, I gasped, seeing a picture of me hugging onto Kris when we were in the pool.

“Mom! Are these the pictures from the cruise?! J-JinHee took pictures of us?!” I pointed at the photos with a shocked expression.

At that same time, Kris walked into the room, hearing everything. His eyes darted to the pictures with the same expression as me.

Mommy Wu giggled guiltily. “Well…” she gave a shy cheeky smile. “At least they came out great!”

My jaw dropped as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter