Chapter 49

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV:

Snuggling her nose into Kris’s blue scarf around her neck, Jessica stood there with her hands shoved into her coat pocket, as she stood on the sidewalk, alone and freezing. She was waiting impatiently for her friends to come meet up with her.

 

-Flashback-

 

Kris didn’t want to get out of bed and held onto Jessica tighter, preventing her from squirming out of the bed.

“Oppa~ I have to get ready now.” She faced the stubborn, sleepy Kris. “I’m going to be late.”

Kris groaned, disgruntled. “Why do you have to meet up with your friends today? Stay. That way we can sleep and hang out with my mom later.”

Although it did sound nice to stay in bed in his warm embrace, Jessica shook her head. “We’ve planned this day out for a while. We haven’t seen each other in so long and I miss them.”

Kris frowned and opened his eyes, giving Jessica a look. “Wouldn’t you miss me too? You said you’d bring me along everywhere you went because I’d protect you.” He hugged her closer.

“Oppa~ Of course I’d miss you, but it’s a girl’s day. Unless you’d like to spend the whole day shopping and eating with eight other girls, I don’t think you would enjoy it. I’ll be safe anyways. Nine girls together is already a statement.” Jessica giggled. “Stop being selfish Kris for today and let me go~” she looked up at him with a pleading aeygo face.

Eying her carefully, he sighed in defeat and let her go. “Just don’t have too much fun without me.” he said with a hint of sadness.

Jessica smiled happily and pecked his lips. “Thank you, Oppa~” she hopped off the bed and into the shower, letting Kris sulk on the bed alone.

Stepping out of the bathroom all cleaned up, Jessica was met with an up and standing Kris with his arms folded, in front of the closet, looking at her. Jessica’s eyebrows rose as she walked towards him.

“Since I did give you approval to go out without me, I’ll pick out what you wear. The weather is getting extremely cold and I don’t want my Aegi getting sick when I’m not there.” Kris spoke seriously.

Jessica gave him a heartwarming smile as she nodded. “That’s fine, what are you going to pick out for me?” she loves protective and caring Kris. “Just don’t make me look like a bundled up pillow.” She giggled.

Taking in a deep breath, Kris turned around and faced the closet. “Well, I don’t want any human of the opposite gender to communicate with you…so, jeans are definitely on the list.” He grabbed a pair of dark denim blue jeans and handed it to her before staring at the closet again.

“Oppa, sweater~!” Jessica giggled as she sat criss-crossed on the bed, watching him. She trusted his fashion sense, considering the way he dresses everyday just looked stunning even if it was just a plain white t-shirt.

Kris nodded, picking out a thick cream knitted long sleeve sweater and tossed to it her. “Go change for now.” He instructed as he kept his eyes glued onto her clothes.

Jessica grabbed the jeans and sweater before skipping into the bathroom. Changing really quickly, she came back out and stood next to Kris, who nodded in approval.

Grabbing a tan parka off the hangers, he held it out to Jessica, who happily slipped it on. Kris fixed the parka neatly and zipped it up for her. Turning back to the closet, he grabbed his blue scarf from his side of the closet and wrapped it around her neck gently and tied the loose ends together.

He stepped back and eyed her. Biting on his lip, he remembered something. “Hold on…” Kris shuffled out of the room.

Jessica stood there and fixed her hair into a little bun as she waited for him to return.

Walking back into the room with two small packs in his hands, Kris stuffed the packs into the pockets of her parka before smiling. “They’re hot packs. Just hold onto them when you get cold.”

“Thank you, Oppa~” Jessica smiled sweetly at him before grabbing her shoulder bag.

“Wait,” Kris stopped her and grabbed her bag, looking through it. Striding to her make-up table, he grabbed a pack of tissues off of it and placed it in her bag. “Just in case your nose gets runny.”

Jessica smiled again as she grabbed her phone and keys before heading out the door with Kris following right behind her.

“Don’t talk to any males and if they try to touch you, you get your friends to maul them. Memorize his face and I’ll go after him, okay? Be sure to stay safe and warm. Let me know when you’re there. Keep me updated.” Kris started to lecture as he watched her slip on her boots. “I’m only a call away and I’ll definitely be there within minutes if you ask me to be there.”

Jessica giggled, “I will do as you say….Dad.” she gave him a humorous look.

Kris looked at her unamused. “It’s Oppa, not dad.” He frowned.

Smiling, she nodded. “I know, Oppa~” she gave him a peck on his lips to relieve his worry. “I’ll stay safe and warm, Oppa. I’m not a kid~”

He wrapped his arms around her waist before planting a kiss on her lips. “If you get bored, just call me.”

Jessica nodded as she blinked cutely, making Kris want her to stay even more.

“You’re too adorable~” He hugged onto her tightly. “I don’t want to let you go anymore. Are you sure you don’t want to stay with me? The option is always valid.”

“As tempting as that sounds, I think I’ll pass it this time. My friends are probably already waiting for me.” Jessica pulled herself out of his arms. “I’ll let you know when I’m there.” She buried her face into his scarf. “This smells like Oppa~” she giggled.

Kris’s shoulders deflated. “Have fun.” His tone was flat and depressing.

Jessica smiled, “I will.” She gave him one last kiss before walking out the door.

Kris watched her until the sight of her car disappeared. Trudging himself back into the bedroom, he flung himself back onto the bed and frowned. How could he possible sleep without his Jessica?

 

-End of Flashback-

 

“If I knew they were going to be late, I would’ve just stayed home with Oppa…” Jessica muttered to herself as she shivered in the cold, gripping onto the hot packs.

“Sica!” a familiar female voice called out to her.

“Yuri-ah!!” Jessica called back with a smile on her face as she raced to hug her friend for warmth. “It’s cold~ I’ve been waiting for ten minutes by myself!” she pouted as she jumped in place, still holding onto Yuri.

Hearing Yuri giggle, Jessica released her and gave her an incredulous look.

“Did you not get the text? It said to meet in the café over there since it’d be cold.” Yuri pointed to the coffee shop a couple feet away from their current position.

Jessica pouted when she saw the rest of the girls looking at her through the window with an amused smile on their faces. “Why didn’t you guys get me earlier?!”

Yuri laughed, “We wanted to see how long you’d stand out here. It’s funny, you’re always unaware of your surroundings.”

“Yah!” Jessica nudged Yuri’s arm.

“Come on,” Yuri linked arms with Jessica and pulled her into the café. “For an ice princess, you definitely can’t stand the cold.”

“I’m not an ice princess!” Jessica retorted as she took a seat next to Taeyeon and Sunny.

Tiffany laughed, “Yeah you are, when you’re furious.”

“When did you get here?” Jessica blinked at Tiffany who was all eye smiles.

“Had an errand to run to in the morning so I came here right after.” Tiffany replied before sipping on her drink.

Jessica eyed her with a smirk. “Errand or Kai?”

The seven other girls all turned their attention to the two Korean Americans. “What? Who is this Kai? Spill!” they all chanted at once.

“Fany’s boyfriend~” Jessica and Taeyeon chimed with smiles on her faces.

“Yah! Fany! Why didn’t you tell us?!” The girls started to uproar.

Tiffany bit her lip with a reddened face, causing the girls to listen up in excitement and interest.

“…Jessica has a boyfriend too!” Tiffany gave a huge grin, causing the attention to shift onto Jessica.

Jessica’s mouth hung open before she blew her bangs from her face. “We have a lot of catching up to do…” she grumbled before being swarmed with thousands of questions from the girls.

 

~~

 

Meanwhile, Kris was still stuffed under the bed sheets, laying there lonely and still sulking as he hugged onto Ace. A frown was still present on his face. He couldn’t sleep and didn’t want to move at all. His eyes bored itself onto the TV screen, obviously not enjoying the comedy show.

“WU YI FAN!” A voice boomed before the door flung open, revealing a neutral looking Mommy Wu.

Kris yawned as he gave his mom a blank stare.

“Jessi went out,” Mommy Wu frowned. “I thought we were going to spend the day together. The three of us!”

Returning his eyes back onto the screen, he continued to sulk as he was reminded of his Jessica not currently with him.

“Aigoo~ Are you upset too?” Mommy Wu walked towards him and gave him a sympathetic look, as she stared at him lying on the bed lifelessly, all sprawled out.

Kris just ignored her and held onto Ace tighter. He groaned and huddled himself under the sheets, obviously upset. It was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter