Chapter 45

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV:

 

“And this is your room.” Jessica opened the door to the guest room, Kris and her specially cleaned out for Mommy Wu.

Walking in the small room, Mommy Wu smiled at the thought and effort they made for her stay. “Thank you, you two didn’t have to!”

Kris put down her luggage in the corner of the room and raised his eyebrows. “So, you want me to book a room in the hotel? I could always call now.” He pretended to shuffle around to look for his phone.

“Aigoo! This boy!” Mother Wu in a sharp breath through her gritted teeth.

He chuckled, “I was just kidding~”

Jessica smiled at his playfulness as Mommy Wu took a look around the neatly cleaned room. “From the looks of it, it’s obvious that Jessi cleaned this room.” She smiled at Jessica.

Kris’s mouth gaped open. “I helped too!”

“Oppa helped carrying out the boxes for me.” Jessica smiled, trying to help defend him.

“Let me guess, that’s all he did?” Mommy Wu stared at her son with raised eyebrows. “Jessi did the rest didn’t she?” she asked Kris, who ended up giving a small nod. “Aigoo~ At least help her out more!”

Kris nodded. “We have to go to work soon…so~” he grabbed onto Jessica, directing her away from his mom quickly.

“Oh! Work? I want to come too!” Mommy Wu called out happily.

Turning his head back slowly, Kris gave a fake smile. “Aren’t you tired mom? I think you should rest!”

“Nonsense! Why would I be tired? The flight wasn’t that long! I would love to come along with you two!” Mother Wu replied whole-heartedly.

Jessica smiled, “That’s great! We just have to get ready and change first and then we can go off! You can make yourself comfortable.” She gave a quick glare at Kris before running upstairs.

Mommy Wu clapped her hands in excitement. “I’ll be waiting!” she called after Jessica.

Kris groaned in agitation before trudging himself upstairs. His mom would be around Jessica the entire time now. He already dislikes it. Selfish Kris can’t help but to be selfish Kris when it comes to Jessica.

Seeing that Jessica had already ran into the bathroom to change, Kris looked through the closet that he now shared with Jessica and took out a set of his work clothes.

Tao and Kris had moved most of their belongings into the house during the past few days. Kris still had to deal with the cleaning of the apartment and move the rest of his stuff in, but other than that, they were set to leave the apartment.

Deciding to make things faster, Kris decided to change in Tao’s room to save time. Quickly changing himself into his work clothes, he decided to leave his casual clothes on Tao’s bed and get it after work.

Stepping out of the room, he met his mom standing in the hall, looking at the picture frames.

“Hm, Kris, who are these people?” Mommy Wu saw him appear out of the room and called him over to ask.

Kris glanced at the picture and shrugged. He only recognized three of them out of the nine girls. “That’s Jess,” he immediately found his girlfriend in the photo and pointed to her. “She looks like Tiffany and that one is Taeyeon. I don’t know who the other people are.”

Mommy Wu nodded, “They’re all so pretty~ Jessi has some pretty friends.”

Jessica appeared out of her room and smiled. “Let’s go.”

 

~~

 

“ChanHee!” Mommy Wu greeted as soon as she stepped through the door of the fifth floor. “Do you remember me?”

“Mrs. Wu! Of course I remember you! How can I not recognize Kris’s beautiful,  young mother?” ChanHee replied happily.

Mommy Wu’s mouth formed an ‘o’ shape. “Young? Omo~ ChanHee, you’re too nice! I’m not that young!” she waved her hand in shyness.

Kris held his head low in embarrassment. He gave ChanHee an unamused look before walking off, Jessica following him.

Jay’s head shot up from the table when he heard ChanHee said ‘Kris’ and directed his attention to the front desk, watching everything. His eyebrows rose when he heard ChanHee say that it was Kris’s mother. He scoffed before his eyes landed on Jessica, watching her every move as she moved along with Kris, hand in hand. He frowned at the sight of her hand being interlocked with someone he despises. Keeping his eye on her, Jay leaned back in his chair, all attention focused on her. When Jessica suddenly stopped, he sat up straight in his seat, thinking that she would notice him.

“Mom~” Jessica suddenly called out to Mommy Wu after stopping Kris from entering his office.

Mommy Wu directed her attention to her and quickly bid ChanHee goodbye before walking towards Jessica, going into Kris’s office together.

What Jessica just said ran on replay through Jay’s head. Mom. Mom. Mom. His eyebrows furrowed into an angry look. Does that mean Jessica and Kris are more than just boyfriend and girlfriend? Jessica already calls Kris’s mother, ‘Mom.’ Is it too late for him? Thoughts ran through his mind. He shot his head towards Kris’s office, seeing casual loving interactions between Kris and Jessica. Seeing the two lock lips was too appalling for him and he had to look away. Hearing a squeal, he returned his eyes back to the office, seeing Kris’s mother clapping her hands and smiling at the two. Jay slammed his fists on the table as anger boiled within him.

JinHee suddenly came over to Jay’s desk, “Mr. Park, are you finished with your work?” she reminded him.

Jay directed his eyes at her and remembered all the unreasonable amount of paperwork that was thrown on his desk yesterday. Mountains and mountains of papers and files that JinHee had personally delivered herself. He didn’t even touch them. The only thing he did was sleep and play around with his phone.

“They’re due today. I suggest you take them all to Mr. Wu when you’re finished.” JinHee continued. “I hope you’ve finished them, Mr. Park.” She gave a small smile before walking off and into Kris’s office.

“Auntie Wu!!” JinHee called out as she entered Kris’s office.

Jay’s head shot up. Auntie? Kris’s secretary was his cousin? Jay scoffed before heaving a sigh. He tilted his head back in disbelief. Was Kris trying to make his life a living hell? Even his secretary, who happens to be his cousin, is making him regret taking on this work trial. Jay had also even heard that Kai, the other manager, was his childhood friend, giving Jay absolutely no chance for him to overrun Kris

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter