Chapter 12

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Authors POV:

Kris and Jessica agreed to take the relationship slow. Since they didn't know much about each other, they thought it would be nice to slow things down and get to know each other better before things get super serious. It was more of experimenting before dating each other.
 


Kris's POV:

Jessica and I walked out of the building with our hands entwined together, smiling widely.

We saw that Baekhyun, Taeyeon and Tiffany were waiting for us outside on the stairs.

"Omo! You guys okay now?!" Taeyeon walked towards us.

"No charges?" Baekhyun asked me. I shook my head no. He smiled and patted my back, causing me to flinch in pain.

Jessica looked at me worriedly. "Oppa, are you okay? We should've went to the infirmary inside," she tried to pull me back inside the police building.

"You really should get checked. We'll come with you!" Tiffany pushed us all into the building.

Jessica led the way into the infirmary and sat through the check up with me as the other three stood in the room.

"You guys are such a cute couple!" the middle aged ahjumma nurse said as she grabbed her flashlight.

I rubbed the back of my neck and smiled, so did Jessica. "Thanks," we both replied shyly.

"WHAT?!" the three exclaimed with their eyes wide open.

"OMO YOU GUYS ARE OFFICIALLY A COUPLE?!" Tiffany's mouth was wide open.

Jessica and I nodded.

"KYA! OMO! OMO! HOW CUTE! IT'S ABOUT TIME!" Taeyeon and Tiffany squealed.

"YAH!" Baekhyun suddenly shouted, directing all the attention towards him. "Why didn't you tell me first?!" he pouted.

The three of them started to excitedly giggle, occasionally jumping in joy.

The nurse suddenly tugged on my shirt. "You're going to have to take it off. I need to see if you have any broken ribs."

I blinked and let go of Jessica's hand to remove my shirt. I saw that Jessica had covered her face with her hands. Her cute little ears were red as strawberries. I smiled. *She's embarrassed.*

The nurse poked my ribs and I suddenly jerked my body back in immense pain and shock.

"It looks like you have a broken rib," the nurse said. "I'll have to take some x-rays. Follow me to the scanner room please." the nurse smiled as she grabbed her clipboard.

Jessica shot me a worried look after hearing the nurse's comment. I grabbed her hand and gave her a reassuring smile. We hopped off the check up table and I grabbed my shirt, putting it back on again.

"We'll be in the waiting room~" the three grinned at us as they walked out of the room.

~

The x-ray didn't take long and the picture showed two fractured ribs.

Jessica bit her lip as she stared worriedly at the picture. "He's going to be fine right?" she asked the nurse about me.

*She's so worried about me..* I gazed at her as I slowly sat up from the table. I grunted in pain.

"He should be fine after 6 weeks or so," the nurse jotted down some notes on a piece of paper.

"How do we treat his ribs properly?" Jessica was clearly focused, her attention was all on the nurse and her hands tightened into little fists.

I put my hand on her shoulder.

"You can't really do anything. He just has to be careful and let them heal. He shouldn't hurt himself and should stretch. You can give him pain killers if he's in too much pain. Usually, it's very painful on the first week.." the nurse was giving Jessica care instructions. I zoned her voice out.

My eyes wandered around the room. I was bored. Sure, I was hurt but it wasn't like I couldn't do anything. I didn't want to waste any time without Jessica. This injury isn't going to stop me from anything.

Jessica nodded as she took the instruction sheet from the nurse.

"Take good care of him!" the nurse smiled and left.

"We can go now, right? Let's go to the garden!" I smiled as I gently pulled Jessica out of her seat.

"Oppa," she stopped me. Her voice was serious. "We're not going anywhere until your healed," she folded her arms.

"Sica, I'm fine. I can still move, see?" I jumped a little but flinched and gritted my teeth, trying to hide my pain.

Jessica raised her eyebrows at me. She didn't buy it. "Don't try to lie to me! It's for your own sake~" she pouted. "We're not going anywhere but back to your home," she stared directly into my eyes.

I took a deep breathe. "I'm fine," I grabbed onto her shoulders trying to reassure her.

Her eyes squinted at me. "You're fine right?" she suddenly asked. I smiled, "Yeah, I'm fi- AAH!" I gripped onto my rib cage and shut my eyes tightly. Jessica had poked my broken ribs.

"Hmph, someone looks fine.." she said sarcastically and folded her arms again. "Stop being stubborn. We're going home and you're going to be treated until you're fully healed." she grabbed my hand and led me out.

 


Jessica's POV:

"Is he okay?" Baekhyun asked as we walked into the waiting room.

I shook my head. "He won't be healed until after 6 weeks. We should go back to his house and we can treat him."

We made our way into the car and Baekhyun drove to Kris's apartment. We got out and took the elevator up.

"Tao is probably going to freak when he knows about your condition, Kris," Baekhyun said. "He can't even make food, how on earth is he going to treat you?" Baekhyun snickered.

I tilted my head. "You live with Tao?" I asked Kris. He nodded his head.

"He should be home by now. He slept over at Luhan's," Kris replied and proceeded to head out the elevator.

"Omo...we're walking into a boy's apartment!" Tiffany stared at the door in shock.

Kris laughed while holding his rib cage. "It's not messy...at least I hope it's not...you never know since it's Tao," he sighed.

He punched in the code onto the keypad on his door and turned the handle, flinging the door open. "Ladies first," he smiled at me.

I walked in before the others and took of my shoes. I glanced around and saw a little panda, scrunched up on the couch with his knees against his chest, munching on snacks while watching television.

"Hi Tao~" I smiled and waved at him.

He looked away from the TV and saw me. His eyes widened. "NOONA!" he smiled and got up off the couch to hug me.

"Noona?" I said as he hugged me.

He let go of me. "Why? Sehun calls you Noona and I can't?" he pouted.

My eyes widened. "Oh no! You can! It's just that I didn't expect it! It's fine! You can call me Noona!" I smiled.

He hugged me again, "Noona!" I hugged him back.

I felt a pair of arms pull me away from Tao's hug. I looked up to see Kris. He was protectively wrapping his arms around me, glaring at Tao.

"I'm not sharing," Kris suddenly told Tao, hugging me tighter in his arms.

*Sharing? What's that supposed mean?* I heard Tiffany and Taeyeon squeal and giggle.

Tao blew a raspberry at Kris. "Why would she belong to you? Noona isn't your property~"

I heard Kris sigh and the force of his breath hit the top of my head. I blinked at Tao.

Baekhyun hit the back of Tao's head. "Pabo! They're dating!" he whispered.

Tao's eyes widened. "REALLY?!" his jaw dropped. "Why didn't you tell me Hyung?!" Tao nudged Kris's side.

"AAH!" Kris jumped, letting go of me and held onto his ribs.

"Are you okay?" I held into his arm.

Tao blinked. "Hyung, I didn't nudge you that hard! Stop pretending!" he pouted.

"Ani! Tao! He's really hurt! He got into a fight...because of me.." my voice lowered. "Are you okay, Oppa? You should lay down.."

Kris slowly moved his way into his room as I helped him. I gently helped him sit down on his bed. He laid down slowly, tensing up occasionally from the pain.

I sat next to him on his bed, bringing my knees up to my chest and hugged them.

Suddenly, Tao barged into the room. "Hyung!! Are you really hurt?!" his eyes were wide open.

Kris nodded while looking dead serious in his eyes.

Tao's face filled with terror. "HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO TAKE CARE OF YOU? HOW ARE WE GOING TO EAT? I CAN'T COOK, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO! WE'RE GONNA DIE!!" Tao started flailing his arms and pacing around the room, panicking.

"Quiet down Tao!" Kris shushed him. "I'm not disabled, I can probably still cook or something." Kris shuffled on the bed.

My eyes widened. "Oppa! You're not going to do anything! You can't stress yourself!" I grabbed his hand.
"Tao! I can teach you how to cook!" I smiled. Tao's face immediately lightened up.

Kris shot me a look. "Don't...he absolutely cannot do anything. He almost destroyed the stove last time." he gripped onto my hand.

Tao pouted, "Hyung~~~"

"I'm sure he's not that bad," I glanced at Tao. "Let's start Tao!" I let go of Kris's hand and got off the bed, following Tao.

"I'll be back Oppa!" I told Kris and headed for the door.

Kris suddenly grabbed my wrist and spun me back. "What is it Oppa?" I asked.

"Be careful. Tao really , he can accidentally drop the knife or something.." he cautioned me with worried eyes.

"Don't worry, Oppa! I'll be safe~" I gave him a small smile and turned towards the door.

Kris spun me back again. "Aren't you forgetting something?" he asked.

I tilted my head and thought for a second. "Oh! Pain killers right? I'll go get them for you!"

"Not that..." he his lips slightly. "Something else.." he stared at me.

"Hm?" I put my index finger on my lips and thought about it again. "Ah! You want the care instructions right?" I pulled out the paper from my pocket and handed it to him.

He took it hastily and set it aside. "Not that..."

"What am I forgetting Oppa?" I asked and pouted.

He pulled me down and I sat on the bed. He put his hand behind head, pulling me closer and pressed his lips on mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter