Chapter 77

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV:

 

The bright sun shone through the windows, as it was a beautiful morning. Normally on a day like this, people would enjoy the day out for a stroll and enjoy the weather, but as for Kris and Jessica, it was different. The two were planted in the living room, enjoying the comfort of the couch instead.

Having his head planted on Jessica’s lap, Kris was lying horizontally on the couch as he was watching the television screen. On the other hand, Jessica has gotten her hands on the Chinese-English book she had bought before, trying to pick up on her mandarin.

It was an indoor day for the two, even if everyone else in the house has gone out to enjoy the lovely weather. They didn’t mind that they were missing out on the sun outside, as long as they were together, they were perfectly happy.

Putting down the book, Jessica wanted to rest her eyes and see what Kris was up to. Seeing that the television was broadcasting a variety show, she smiled as she quickly absorbed herself into watching along. Feeling Kris move on her lap, she glanced down to see Kris relishing her soft skin on her legs as she was wearing shorts.

Jessica’s hand ran itself through Kris’s brown blond locks, running her fingers over his soft hair naturally. Feeling her touch, Kris to his back to face her from her lap. He grinned as Jessica smiled at him and her finger ran their way on his facial features with her feathery touch, examining and feeling his face structure thoroughly.

When her finger traced down his nose bridge, they made their way to his lips, where Kris placed a kiss on her index finger. Eying her the entire time she was gracefully drawing her finger on him, Kris couldn’t help but feel lucky to have such a pretty girlfriend.

Reaching up to brush his thumb over her soft cheek, Kris earned another smile from Jessica. Lifting himself up, he was about to attach their lips together until the doorbell rang all of the sudden.

The two didn’t break eye contact with each other, but only gave each other questioning looks, wondering who could be at the door. Briefly forgetting about the door, Kris connected his lips with Jessica’s for a soft and meaningful kiss.

Pulling away, the two grinned at each other before the doorbell rang again. Jessica stood up with Kris right behind her as they made their way to the front door.

“Did you invite anyone?” Kris asked curiously.

Jessica shook her head. “I didn’t…unless I don’t remember.” She blinked back at him.

Kris’s eyes narrowed as they reached the door. Keeping Jessica behind him, he opened the door carefully.

“Hyung!” A familiar cute voice was heard when Kris peeked his head out.

Opening the door all the way, Kris had a smile on his face as Jessica shuffled her way beside him to see who was at the door. Her face was surprised before a huge smile appeared on her lips.

“Kyungie!” she opened her arms as she crouched down, letting Kyungsan run into her embrace.

“Noona!” Kyungsan giggled before hugging onto Jessica with a toothy smile.

“Hi Sica, Kris.” Kyungmi gave an apologetic smile. “Sorry if our arrival was a bit abrupt.”

Kris only shook his head. “It’s fine. Glad to see Kyungie again.” He grinned at the Kyungsan in Jessica’s arms before ruffling the little boy’s hair. “Is there anything we can help you with?”

Kyungmi bit her lip. “I have an unexpected conference meeting back at work in ten minutes. They just called me when I was about to bring Kyungie out. I don’t have anyone to watch after him when I go back to work. If it’s not too much to ask, would you two do me a favor and watch after him for a while I go back to attend the meeting?” Her eyebrows knit together, giving off a worried expression.

“Of course we will!” Jessica smiled. “Take your time and we’ll make sure Kyungie is taken care of.”

Kyungmi let relieved sigh. “Really?” her face filled with hope.

“Yeah, like we said, we’d always be here to help you.” Kris nodded his head with a grin.

A huge thankful smile appeared on Kyungmi’s face. “Thank you both! Sorry it was out of the sudden and unexpected. I hope this won’t bother you two.

“Kyungmi, it’s perfectly fine. You can always drop Kyungsan off here anytime.” Jessica reassured. “Now go get to your meeting! You’re going to be late!”

Squirming in Jessica’s arms, Kyungsan wiggled his way down and onto the floor before running into his mommy’s arms.

“Umma~” he called out as he hugged the crouched down Kyungmi.

“Kyungie~ Umma is going to be back later today to pick you up. Okay?” Kyungmi cooed as she held onto her son. “Let Noona and Hyung take care of you. Umma has to go to a meeting. I’ll be back really fast! Hm?”

Kyungsan nodded his head slowly with a pout on his lips.

Kyungmi gave him a smile before placing a kiss on his cheek.

“Be good I’ll be back soon, okay? Listen to your Noona and Hyung. Remember to be polite and always ask before doing anything. Oh! Remember to always wash your hands cleanly after potty.” She instructed her little boy.

Before she could give any more orders, Jessica cut her off.

“Unnie! Kyungie is staying with me, not in a daycare!” Jessica gave her cousin an amused look. “He’s going to be just fine. I’ll make sure he eats veggies and even washes from his hands to his wrists after he goes potty.” She giggled.

Kyungmi let out a sigh. “Sorry, mother instinct.” She stood up as Kris lifted Kyungsan up in his arms. “Thanks again. I’ll bring you two to lunch sometime.” She smiled before Jessica shooed her away and to her car, not wanting her to be late. “I’ll be back soon Kyungie!” she managed to wave before Jessica ushered her inside her car.

As the car drove off, the three stood at the door watching Kyungmi drive off safely.

Shuffling back into the living room, the three took their places on the couch with Kyungsan in between the couple.

“Kyungie, are you hungry?” Jessica asked as she helped him get out of his jacket.

“I am.” Kris spoke up as he held his stomach with a frown on his face.

“Kyungie is too!” Kyungsan agreed and copied Kris by putting his hands on his tummy, letting Jessica know he was starving as well.

Jessica giggled at the two’s cuteness before standing up. “Let’s see what I can make.” She skipped her way into the kitchen.

Naturally, Kris got up as well and was about to trail after her, always liking the image of a filial Jessica in the kitchen.

“Hyung~” Kyungsan called at after him with confused doe eyes. “Where are you going?”

Kris looked back and remembered that he had to accompany little Kyungsan. Seeing that he was to choose between Jessica or Kyungie, he decided to make his life easier.

“Let’s watch Noona cook.” Kris smiled at the little one. “Noona is very pretty when she cooks in the kitchen.”

Kyungsan’s mouth opened cutely and came running towards Kris, wanting to see his beloved Noona be even prettier.

Successfully luring the boy in, Kris picked him up and began walking into the kitchen where he sat himself on a high barstool behind the counter before placing Kyungsan on the one next over. Propping the stool higher for Kyungsan, Kris let Kyungsan see over the counter. As the two watched Jessica walk over to the fridge, the two boys had their chins propped on her hands as they leaned over the countertop.

Turning back around after rummaging through the fridge, Jessica was met with two boys looking very alike as they were eying her with concentration. Her stunned facial expression turned to a delighted smile. They just looked adorable wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter