Chapter 5

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica's POV:

I stared into Jay's eyes in shock. How could he be standing in front of me right now? How was this possible?

"Oh! Is that you...Jessica?" Jay blinked in surprise.

My lips pressed together. "Ne...it's me...Jay-sshi." I replied in almost a whisper.

"Sshi?" Jay's eyebrows went up. "Jess, you can still call me Oppa like you always did." His lips curved into a small smile.

Kris suddenly coughed, making me realize his presence again.

"Oh! Kris Oppa!" I turned to Kris. "Meet Jay. He's...he's umm...a friend." I smiled.

"Ahem, ex-boyfriend." Jay corrected me and raised his hand towards Kris.

Kris seemed a bit taken aback but still managed to shake Jay's hand.

"Kris. Nice to meet you."

*Eep! So awkward!*

Jay nodded, releasing his hand. "Mind if I steal Jess away from you for a moment?" Jay looked at me. "I want to catch up with her."

I looked up at Kris. "Oppa, this will take a minute...can you wait for me?"

Kris nodded in approval. "I'll wait at the cafe inside."

I smiled at him and followed Jay out the mart and sat on the bench outside, our backs leaning on the window of the mart's cafe.

*Stay strong Jessica...you can do it! Stay strong!*


"What is it Jay?"

--

Kris's POV:

I strolled my way over to the cafe, seating myself diagonally from the two outside.
I wanted to know what they were saying yet I didn't want to be noticed.

Then I questioned myself. Why was I so curious? Why was I feeling hatred towards this guy who dated Jessica? Was I jealous of Jay? Why?

I shook my head. I just want Jessica to be careful and be okay because she's a friend...that's all. I worried for my friend.

I tried to make out what they were saying by looking at Jessica's moving mouth but I ended up looking at her expressions.

Sad, anger, defeat, broken.

She looked unhappy with Jay. She seemed to be hurt and in pain. I worried for her.

Jessica suddenly looked back and saw me. Her lips suddenly curved into a cute smile. I smiled back at her in the most genuine smile I had, wanting her to feel happier.

She back around and started to get up from the bench, bowing a goodbye to Jay. Just as she turned and started to walk back in, Jay grabbed her wrist and spun her around and hugged her.

I stood up with my eyes widened. Glaring a hole through Jay's back in anger.

Suddenly, Jessica pulled away from the hug and yelled an inaudible "Stop!" and something else I couldn't make out. Tears rolled down her cheeks.

I ran outside to Jessica, holding her shoulder. "Are you okay?" I asked.

Jay

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter