Chapter 70

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Long chapter ahead. Beware...keke~

 

Kris’s POV:

 

“Why do we have to get up so early?” I questioned again with a tired sigh as I dragged myself out of the house, not forgetting to lock and close the door behind me.

“Oppa, I already told you.” Jessica replied as she pulled me towards the car. “We’re visiting Kyungsan~” she smiled.

Seeing that she was heading towards the drivers side, my eyes narrowed before taking the keys out of her hand and ushered her to the passenger’s side. Opening the door, I quickly made her sit inside safely before closing it and striding myself to the drivers seat. There was no way I was letting her drive. It was only right for the man to drive the woman, regardless of sickness or not. Igniting the engine, I then checked the security of Jessica’s seatbelt before putting mine on.

“Why do we have to visit someone so early?” I continued the conversation as I backed the car out of the driveway. “Why couldn’t we just stay home? I’m still sick.” My shoulders deflated in dissatisfaction.

Jessica nudged my shoulder with a frown on her face. “It’s only ten o’clock. They said to go over for lunch so I decided that we could go to the mall first.” She reasoned. “Oppa, you’re not that sick anymore. You just have a small cough. You’ll get better in a couple days.”

I heaved a sigh before continuing to drive off. We both knew that she was right. I was getting better as days passed, but that didn’t mean that she has the right to give me less attention. If I knew this would happen, I wouldn’t have even picked up Jessica’s phone in the first place. Let’s just hope this Kyungsan kid is as great as he seems to be.

“Why are we going to the mall?” I suddenly inquired in curiosity.

From my peripheral vision, I could see Jessica grin happily. “I missed Kyungsan’s birthday so I have to get him something. I also have to make it up to him for not visiting for so long.”

I nodded slightly with a blank face. It seems like Jessica really adores Kyungsan and ignited something inside me. This already let me know that I might just have to share and I just hate sharing.

Arriving at the shopping mall, Jessica cheerfully walked in as I dragged myself behind her. She ended up entwining our hands together and encouraged me to be more excited to meet her cousin and their family. She seemed to note my dislike for this Kyungsan.

“Kyungie is very cute! I’m sure you’ll like him. He’s very sweet and behaves really well.” Jessica smiled brightly as she led us to a toy store.

I let out a sigh before nodding. There was nothing to upset or mad about. I haven’t even met the kid. He could be shy for all I know. It was just a kid. There’s nothing to be overprotective about. Kris, you shouldn’t be so sulky and selfish just because of a kid.

As Jessica eyed the wide selection of toys in the aisle, I wrapped my arms around her from behind and breathed in her peachy scent. “What exactly are you looking for?” I asked as I held her closer.

She hummed. “Something a five year old that recently turned six would like.”

“Well, what does Kyungsan like?” I inquired, trying to help her as she walked further down the aisle with me waddling behind her.

Her fingers lingered on her lips as she thought. “I’m not sure what he likes anymore. He’s always constantly into different things.” Her lips pouted, saddened that she couldn’t figure out what Kyungsan liked. “Oh! Oppa!” she suddenly jumped up and turned around to face me.

My eyebrows arched questioningly and waited for her to continue speaking.

“What did you like to play with when you were six years old?” her eyes were bright as she waited for my answer.

I blinked as I recollect what I enjoyed when I was a kid. Just as I remembered, I let go of Jessica’s waist in search of that specific toy I would always have fun playing with. Disappearing into the next aisle, I found the recreational model I enjoyed putting together.

Seeing Jessica walking up to me with a curious face, I smiled and crossed my arms.

“Is this it?” she asked and looked at the shelf in awe.

“Yup.” I nodded my head in satisfaction as I stood next to her to eye the full section of them. “The most popular toy building bricks. Legos.” I grinned as I remembered stacking them together to create amazing structures.

“There are so many types of them.” Jessica commented as her eyes glazed over the many different boxes containing the building bricks.

I nodded my head. “I guess they coming out with a lot more selections.”

“Which one should I get for Kyungsan?” she contemplated as she looked at the wide variety of boxes to choose from. “Oppa, which one would you get?” she glanced back at me with a smile on her face.

“Hm…if I was still a kid, I think I’d get this one.” I grabbed the box off the shelf and showed it to her. “Pirate ship.”

Jessica eyed the box carefully. “Oppa, that looks nice, but…” she pointed to the corner of the box. “It’s eight hundred pieces. I don’t think Kyungsan would be able to finish.”

I blinked. “But the other’s aren’t as cool as this one~” I cooed.

She giggled. “Oppa, we’re not here to buy you toys. We’re supposed to get Kyungsan one.”

My lips formed an involuntary frown when she looked away to find another box set. She seemed to take notice of my facial expression after a few glances and wavered.

“Fine. We’ll get this one. It’s not going to be my fault if Kyungsan doesn’t like it.” Jessica gave a small grin.

“Let’s go pay for this!” I threw my arm around her shoulders excitedly and made our way to the till.

Jessica eyed me amusingly. “Oppa, you make it sound like you’re the one getting the gift. You’re being a little kid~” she cooed and pinched my cheek playfully.

My nose scrunched up and gently brushed her hand off my cheek before interlocking it with mine. Reaching the till, I purchased the toy myself as Jessica asked for it to be wrapped.

Making our way out of the store, Jessica beamed at me. “Oppa, that was very nice of you to purchase Kyungsan’s gift.”

“Anything for my Jessica~” I reciprocated her smile and planted my lips on her cheek.

Being guided by Jessica, we made our way to another part of the mall. Clueless as to why we are still in the shopping mall, I followed her lead without any questions. Arriving at a bakery, I then realized.

“We’re getting him a cake too?” I asked as we made our way into the bakery.

“It’s the least I can do. I did miss his birthday for the first time. Kyungie must be upset.” She murmured as she looked through the selection of cakes being displayed.

Seeing her so giving, makes my heart warm. She just keeps getting more and more perfect in my eyes. It tempts me to keep her with me forever. Jessica was just too generous and loving, something that I absolutely adore from her. She has so many sides to her that I never get bored of. She was the idea of perfection for me.

 

~~

 

Reaching the doorstep of a house, I held onto Jessica’s waist as she rang the doorbell. I was anticipating meeting these new faces that are a part of Jessica’s life. Of course, I was looking forward to meeting Kyungsan, who seems very attached to my Jessica.

Hearing faint running footsteps, I felt Jessica tense up and an excited smile appeared on her face. The flung open, revealing a small little boy with a huge grin on his face.

“NOONA!!” the boy cheered and quickly ran into Jessica’s arms.

“Kyungie~!” Jessica lowered herself and embraced the little boy whole-heartedly. “Did you miss me? I’m sorry I missed your birthday.” She apologized and gave the boy a kiss on the cheek.

Kyungsan only shook his head and latched his arms onto Jessica’s neck, giving her another hug. “It’s okay, Noona. You’re here now!”

I watched the little reunion they were having and cleared my throat. That was enough hugging already, not to mention that kiss that Jessica gave.

“Noona…” Kyungsan spoke in a small voice and faced Jessica. “Who is he?” he pointed his small index finger at me.

Jessica looked back at me and smiled before standing up. “Kyungie, this is Kris.” She introduced.

I crouched down and gave the boy a smile. “Hello Kyungsan. I’m Kris. Nice to meet you.” I ruffled his hair playfully before standing back up, towering over him.

Kyungsan’s face fell. “Noona!” he ran back towards Jessica and held her hand. “He’s so tall! He’s a giant!”

Jessica giggled before crouching down. “Kyungie, that’s not how you should talk to people. That’s impolite.” She instructed. “Kris is your Hyung.”

The boy seemed hesitant calling me ‘Hyung.’ Did my height really scare him? He did seem very innocent and well behaved, like Jessica said.

“Lee Kyungsan! I told you not to open the front door without my permission!” A female voice called out.

Jessica immediately stood up and gave a smile at the woman that looked around her early thirties. I suppose that this was her cousin.

“Unnie!” Jessica greeted before giving the woman a hug.

“Sica! You’re here!” the woman smiled back before pulling away. “Oh. You brought company.” She blinked at me.

I smiled and gave a slight bow. “Nice to meet you, my name is Kris.”

“Kyungmi.” The woman introduced herself. “I’m Jessica’s older cousin. You must be…”

“Her boyfriend.” I grinned as I finished her sentence.

Kyungmi’s face lightened up as she glanced from Jessica and I. “Oh, come in!” she stepped aside, letting us inside the house.

Settling down in the living room, I was about to sit myself down on the empty spot beside Jessica, but little Kyungsan came out of no where and took my seat. Sticking his tongue out at me, I stared at him in disbelief.

Kyungsan then tugged on Jessica’s sleeve. “Noona, he’s glaring at me. It’s scary.”

Jessica’s attention shifted from him to the shocked me. “Kris, what are you doing?” she eyed the standing me.

I shifted my position and stood in front of Kyungsan. “He took my seat.” I pointed at the little rascal.

“Oppa,” Jessica gave me an amused look. “Are you really trying to pick a fight with a seven year old right now?”

“I’m not. He really did take my seat!” I complained.

“I didn’t!” Kyungsan suddenly exclaimed. “I was here first! He started to glare at me!”

Jessica nodded her head at his lies. “Kris, there’s another couch right behind you. You can sit there too. That way you two don’t have to bicker.”

My jaw dropped. This kid plays dirty! How could he just lie and get away with it? I was there first! I huffed a breath and took a seat on the other couch. As soon as Kyungmi who was talking in with a tray of drinks stole Jessica’s attention, Kyungsan turned towards me and snickered, sticking his tongue out at me again. My eyebrows arched in astonishment. To think that this kid was innocent!

“Omo, Kris, why are you sitting all the way over there?” Kyungmi asked as she sat down. “Kyungsan, come here and let Kris sit there.” She ordered.

I suppressed myself from giggling as Kyungsan had a sulking face, unwilling to move from his spot. That’s right, it’s my spot!

“Lee Kyungsan. Be nice to your guests and let them sit there.” Kyungmi spoke strictly.

Kyungsan pouted and slid off the couch. “Yes, mommy~”

Sitting down in my rightful place, I gave a smile and wrapped my arm around Jessica’s waist.

“So how long have you guys been dating?” Kyungmi asked with an elated smile.

“It’s been almost a year.” Jessica replied with a grin and glanced back at me.

Kyungmi gasped. “How come you never told me?! No wonder you haven’t been visiting as much!”

My eyes shifted from the Kyungmi to Kyungsan next to her as the two ladies were talking. The boy was pouting and giving me a mean look. Serves him right. Trying to steal my Jessica.

Ripping his glare from me, Kyungsan spotted the shopping bags we had brought in. “Noona! What are those?” he asked and pointed to the bags.

Jessica followed his finger and saw the bags. “Oh, Kyungie~” she chimed as she got up to gather the bags. “These are your presents.” She placed the bags on the coffee table in front of us before sitting on the floor.

Kyungsan ran up towards her with a huge winning smile on his face. “Really?!”

Jessica nodded her head. “For your birthday!” she grinned as she poked his cheek. “I bought your favorite cake too!”

“Noona is the best!!” Kyungsan jumped and embraced her again.

“Open your present.” Jessica took the wrapped present from the shopping bag and handed it to him as he sat down in front of her.

My eyes narrowed as I saw how much interaction they were having together. I wouldn’t say that I’m jealous, but rather competitive? Ugh, maybe I am jealous. Jealous of a little kid. Kris, just how childish can you get?

“Sica! You brought him presents again?” Kyungmi voiced in worry. “You didn’t have to.”

“Noona!!” Kyungsan finally unwrapped the gift. “I like it! Thank you, Noona!” he gave her another thankful hug with an ecstatic smile on his little face.

Jessica shook her head. “It’s okay. Kris actually bought them. Including the cake.” She gave me a bright smile as she looked at me.

“Omo, Kris!” Kyungmi exclaimed. “You didn’t have to!”

I gave a sheepish smile. “It’s nothing, really. It’s the least I could do since I’m a guest here.”

Glancing back over, I saw Kyungsan’s blank face as he stared at his pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter