Chapter 94

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Author's POV:

 

"Jess!" Kris ran down the stairs in complete fear.

 

Seeing Jessica fall down and tumble down the stairs made Kris's soul leave his body. This couldn't be happening. 

 

Making his way next to Jessica, he turned her limp body over, holding her with extreme care. Kris's eyes scanned her face in fright. There was no blood, but Jessica was unconscious. Shaking her body, Kris wanted her to wake up. He was scared that he lost his Jessica forever.

 

"Jess, wake up," Kris spoke frantically. "You have to wake up. Come on, don't leave me." Tears were threatening to come out of his eyes for the first time.

 

Emily stood on the top of the stairs, staring in astonishment. She was frozen on the spot, not knowing what to do. It dawned on her that it was her fault that she caused Jessica to fall down the stairs. Emily’s mouth went dry when she saw Jessica out cold.

 

"YiFan! What happened?!" Mommy Wu came running towards them after hearing several loud bangs.

 

"Jess fell down the stairs, she's not waking up," Kris kept shaking Jessica's unconscious self. "Wake up! Jung Sooyeon, you can't leave me like this!" 

 

"Get in the car! Now!" Mommy Wu shouted, grabbing the car keys. "We're going to the hospital!" 

 

Scooping Jessica in his arms, Kris ran out the door. With his mothers help, Kris got in the backseat safely with Jessica in his arms.

 

"She'll be okay," Mommy Wu tried to reassure her son as she quickly drove the car towards the nearest hospital. 

 

Kris mindlessly nodded at his mother’s words before hugging Jessica close to him, planting kisses over her face. She had to be okay. She had to open her eyes. Kris would do anything to see her awake instead of out cold, unconscious and lifeless.

 

"You'll be okay. You have to be okay." Kris whispered in Jessica's ear, regardless whether or not if she could hear him. "You can't leave me like this. You have to wake up, okay? Promise me you'll wake up." 

 

Receiving no reply, Kris only took it as a yes and kissed her unresponsive lips. Pulling away, Kris continued to stare at her. Suddenly, he shook his head before burying his face into her neck.

 

"I'm so stupid..." Kris sighed onto the nape of her neck, silently shedding his tears. "It's all my fault. Everything was my entire fault. I'm sorry..." 

 

Mommy Wu glanced up at the rear-view mirror. Her eyebrows crinkled, looking extremely worried. It's been decades since she's seen or heard her son cry. Kris has always been strong and mature ever since he could ride a bike. Hearing him so vulnerable and weak hit her right in the heart. Her son was hurting.

 

Speeding up the car, Mommy Wu knew what she could do to help comfort her son. This situation only made Mommy Wu confirm her thoughts. Jessica is the one for Kris.

 

Swerving into the emergency lane at the hospital, Mommy Wu stepped on the brake. Kris immediately rushed himself out of the car extra carefully with Jessica in his arms. Running into the hospital, he was swarmed with doctors and nurses. 

 

"She fell down the stairs. Wake her up, please!" Kris pleaded urgently.

 

In a flash, doctors were pushing Jessica's body on a gurney. Kris was running with them, staring at Jessica intently. 

 

"Sir, you have to wait outside. You cannot step through the emergency doors." A nurse informed Kris.

 

The thought of being unable to be by Jessica's side scared him even more than he already was. Knowing he had no other choice, Kris quickly gave Jessica a quick peck on the lips before letting the doctors take her through the doors.

 

Kris sighed and slumped back on the wall. There was nothing to do now except wait. He was hoping that Jessica would be okay and nothing would go wrong. He buried his face in his palms in frustration. Kris couldn't help but think it was all his fault. From having Jessica run out of the house during dinner to having Jessica fall down the stairs. If he just protected her more securely, everything wouldn't be this disastrous. Kris chose to blame himself.

 

"YiFan!" Mommy Wu called out, running towards her son. "Are you alright?" She hugged onto Kris.

 

"I hurt her internally and now physically. I didn't mean to...it was all my fault that she's unconscious." Kris could help himself and started to cry on his mothers shoulder. "I don't want to lose her." 

 

Mommy Wu's eyes started to well up in tears just hearing her son cry. "It's going to be fine. Jessi is going to be fine, YiFan. Don't beat yourself over this. There was no blood, that should be a good sign." She rubbed his back comfortingly. "I'm sure it's not your fault. Jessi probably slipped and fell. She'll be just fine."

 

Kris sighed, collecting himself. A man never cries. When the tears were stopped, he decided to tell his mother what really happened.

 

"She didn't slip. Emily pushed me and I fell back on Jess." Kris shut his eyes, as it was hard to replay that horrendous scene in his head again. "Jess fell because of me. I was the cause of her fall." His body sagged down the wall until he fell to the floor.

 

Mommy Wu only stared forward in complete shock. She could not believe what she just heard. It was not something she expected. Holding onto her head, Mommy Wu started to have anxiety again. 

 

A sudden surge of anger waved through Mommy Wu. "Emily pushed you?" She questioned slowly with raised eyebrows.

 

Kris nodded his head, running his fingers through his hair in sadness, looking blank.

 

"Jessi was behind you when you got pushed?" Mommy Wu asked clearly.

 

Nodding his head again, Kris just did not want to talk about the incident where Jessica got hurt.

 

"Emily pushed you?" Mommy Wu emphasized.  

 

"Mom, just stop reminding me of it. I know I was at fault and I regret everything." Kris exasperated.

 

"Wu YiFan! You are not at fault here!" Mommy Wu exclaimed. "Sure, you might have accidentally stumbled back on Jessi, but would you have been pushed back if Emily didn't push you? I know you would never do anything to hurt Jessi and I cannot believe you when you say that it was your fault because you really are not to blame!"

 

Kris looked up at her with defeated eyes.

 

"YiFan, stop trying to protect everyone. You can't make everyone happy. It's inevitable, but it's the truth. I know it was Emily's fault that caused Jessica to be in the hospital right now. You don't need to take all the blame just so you can spare Emily from trouble. You need to worry about yourself, YiFan. Worry about Jessi and yourself first. You can't satisfy everyone and that's okay. You're only one person." Mommy Wu advised. 

 

Kris gave a sigh of defeat before he took his mother's words to heart. It was another life lesson learned. He nodded his head, accepting the reality. He was just used to standing up for Emily ever since they were little.

 

“I'll always be here for you.” Mommy Wu gave a heartwarming look.

 

Heading over to the seats, the two sat down only to continuously wait for the doctor to come out with some news about Jessica.

 

"I don't think I'll ever forgive Emily after this," Mommy Wu frowned. "I've been extremely appalled at her ever since she met Jessica."

 

Kris nodded silently and involuntarily rubbed his left cheek, which was still stinging. 

 

Mommy Wu saw him flinch when he touched his cheek. "Did she slap you too?!" Her eyes widened in astonishment.

 

"Twice." Kris spoke coldly, brushing his fingers lightly over his still hurting cheek.

 

Huffing out an angry breath, Mommy Wu was angered. "How dare she! After all the chaos that she caused, she still has the nerve to slap you?! Not to mention hurting Jessica for who knows how much! I should forbid her from stepping onto our property! Might as well file a restraining order!"

 

Kris couldn’t even hear. His eyes shifted back to the emergency doors that Jessica was rushed into. Worry was written all over his face yet again. He needed Jessica to be safe and unharmed.

 

Busily hoping and staring at the door, Kris didn't not even notice his mother leave. 

 

"Here," Mommy Wu came back and handed Kris an ice pack. "Put it on your cheek."

 

Grabbing the packet of ice, Kris thanked his mother before pressing the cool pack on his left cheek. 

 

"Oh," Mommy Wu suddenly spoke. "We should contact Jessi's family. With emergencies like this, they have the right to know." 

 

Fishing his phone out of his pocket, Kris silently scrolled through his contact list. Looking through the list, he realized he didn't have Jessica's parents' number. He decided to call Tiffany instead. 

 

The phone rang a couple times before Tiffany picked up.

 

"What do you want?" Tiffany picked up with a sharp tone, as she was still angry with Kris.

 

"Uh, hey." Kris didn't know how to respond to her unusual greeting.

 

Tiffany sighed agitatedly over the phone. "Why are you calling me?"

 

Hearing Tiffany so mad and cold made Kris uneasy. Tiffany would most likely kill him if he told her where Jessica was right now. He hesitated for a moment before deciding to tell her. After all, she did have the right to know.

 

"Listen...I don't know how to put it..." Kris stuttered, as he didn't know how to start.

 

"Just spit it out already." Tiffany demanded coldly.

 

"Jess is in the hospital." Kris shortly informed.

 

There was a silence over the line before Tiffany hung up. 

 

Kris sighed. He didn't know what to do next except to sit and wait. A dreadful two hours rolled by and Kris was still waiting with Mommy Wu. Anxiety filled the air as the two silently stared off into space.

 

Mommy Wu suddenly gasped, “Did we lock the front door?” she recalled, looking at Kris for an answer, but only received a shrug. “You stay here and wait. I’ll go home and check.” She gasped again, “Aigoo! We left Emily at the house! I hope that brat didn’t break anything!” she started to pace herself out of the hall after bidding Kris goodbye.

 

Continuing to ice his face and wait, Kris’ patience was slowly dying. He just wanted to see Jessica already. A moment passed and a fast paced clicking of heels emitted in the silent hall as it came closer and closer. Kris glanced up at the sound and his eyes widened.

 

Tiffany was angrily striding her way towards them, along with a scared looking Tao and a worried Krystal.

 

"Kris freaking Wu. You are so going to get an whipping from me!" Tiffany fumed, as she stomped her way towards him.

 

"Noona! Don't! We're at a hospital!" Tao managed to stop Tiffany from throwing a punch at Kris.

 

Krystal shot a glare at Kris before taking a seat across the hall, ignoring him. 

 

“Hyung, are you okay?” Tao questioned after settling a furious Tiffany down on the seat next to Krystal.

 

Judging from his hyung’s face and icepack, Tao knew that Kris had been hurt. Something was also off about Kris’s face. Tao sat next to his hyung and eyed him carefully. There was something different about his hyung right now, but he couldn’t put a finger on it.

 

“What happened to your cheek?” Tao questioned further.

 

“Got hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter