Chapter 36

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author's POV:

 

Shoving some towels and sunscreen into the beach bag, Kris was preparing for the pool party as he went through his checklist in his head. Grabbing a t-shirt and swimming trunks, he changed into it before snatching his sunglasses on the sink counter. He opened the bathroom door and walked out. Hearing Jessica’s voice, he glanced out the bedroom and saw her standing at the door, thanking someone and bowing. After hearing the door shut, Kris directed his attention back to the bag as he placed it on the bed and Jessica skipped her way in.

“Oppa, did you know that their services here are really fast?” she asked happily. “I called for some water and they came here in less than a minute! They even gave me an extra bottle too!” Jessica smiled and sipped on her water.

Kris smirked and looked up, “Maybe you were too adorable to resist.” he pinched her cheek lightly. “Go change.” He directed her.

Nodding, she handed her water bottle and cap to him before skipping into the bathroom. He chuckled before taking in a gulp of water from the same water bottle and then placing the cap back on. Kris continued thinking about the things they might need for the poolside and stuck them into the bag. Their room key, sunscreen, sunglasses, towels, camera and water were currently packed. What else did they need?

His thoughts were put to rest when Jessica walked out of the bathroom with a loose fitting shirt and shorts. Her hair was tied up in a ponytail as her sunglasses rested on the crown of her head. She was holding her flip-flops in her hands. Kris eyed her and gave an approving nod, content with her choice of outfit. Not too revealing yet perfect for the hot weather outside on the pool deck.  

After quickly grabbing his flip-flops out of the closet, Kris and Jessica made their way out of the cabin and down to the poolside. Walking hand in hand, they made it through the small crowds and found an empty space with two poolside chaise lounges, along with a big opened umbrella shading over it.

Sitting down, Jessica smiled as she looked around through her sunglasses. “The weather is so nice~” she scooted herself into the shade on the chaise as Kris sat down on the one next to hers. “Where’s JinHee…” Jessica sat criss-crossed as she scanned the deck.

Spreading sunscreen over himself, Kris blinked and looked around for his cousin at the same time. “Maybe she isn’t here yet. There’s a lot of people here, we won’t be able to find her that fast. She’s a hyperactive little creature anyways.”  He sighed.

Jessica giggled, “Oppa, have you guys ever been nice to each other?”

Kris looked up at her through his sunglasses. “Yeah, I gave her a job as my secretary. That’s a really nice gesture.” He laughed. “We’ve been bickering ever since we were kids. We do get along during work and serious stuff but other than that, it’s always making fun of each other and squabbling.”

She nodded, “You guys have such a funny relationship. It’s a love hate thing.” Jessica gave him a smile. “It’s so cute.”

He chuckled, “You can think of it that way.” He passed her the sunscreen when he was done with the front side of his body.

Squeezing the cream out of the bottle, Jessica gently applied some on her face after removing her sunglasses. Looking straight ahead as she did so, she spotted a familiar figure holding a big Nikon camera and big bag, walking towards a lounge chair.

“Oh! Is that JinHee?!” Jessica pointed out in the direction JinHee was walking to.

Kris glanced up and saw the girl trip on the leg of a chair and stumble before catching herself. She continued walking like nothing happened with an embarrassed face.

“That’s definitely her. Making a fool out of herself with her clumsy ways.” Kris laughed hysterically.

Jessica glanced at him. “Oppa~ It wasn’t even that funny.” She smiled as she continued applying the sunscreen on herself.

He clutched his stomach as he tried to stop. Taking in a deep breath and calming down, Kris smiled at the thought of his older cousin tripping like an idiot in front of many people.

“Oppa, help me put this on my back.” Jessica handed him the sunscreen and sat with her diagonally facing him.

Grabbing the sunscreen bottle from her, he uncapped it and started to squeeze it onto his palm. As he did so, he glanced up to be surprised by Jessica’s almost bare body. She somehow got into her bikini without him noticing. With his jaw dropped and eyes widened, his grip on the sunscreen bottle tightened, squeezing out a massive amount of cream onto his hands.

Jessica glanced at his hand with wide eyes, “Oppa, that’s too much!”

Kris blinked and snapped back into reality. “O-Oh. Uh. Erm…” he mumbled and tried pouring the cream back into the bottle but to no avail.

“Here,” Jessica reached over and scooped half of the cream off his hands and onto hers. “Apply that on my back.” She scooted and had her back face him.

He gulped and his blood started to rush. He felt warm and hot as he touched her back with his palms gently. Feeling her soft baby skin, he tensed up and his eyes locked onto her petite yet fit back. He quickly rubbed the rest of the cream on her back as he tried resisting his urges.

Feeling his hand trailing away from her, Jessica looked back to see that Kris had finished. She smiled as she turned around to face him as Kris eyed her.

He wanted to attack her lips, right then and there, but he held himself back as he stared at her with his hands gripped tight, telling himself to calm down.

“Oppa,” she patted on the lounge chaise she sat on. “Sit here.”

Blinking at her, Kris was confused but followed orders and sat beside her.

“Turn to the side.” She motioned.

Doing as told, Kris sat with his back facing her. He was still just as confused but his eyes widened when Jessica told him to take his shirt off.

“W-What?” he stuttered as he looked back at her in shock.

She held up her cupped hands that were full of sunscreen. “We can’t waste it and you didn’t put any on your back.” Jessica gazed into his eyes innocently.

Kris’s mouth tried looking for words but found none and he simply nodded before pulling his shirt off, earning gasps from females walking by them.

Jessica gently dabbed the sunscreen on his back and rubbed the cream until it disappeared and his skin soaked it up.

Every time Jessic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter