Chapter 35

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author's POV:

 

Squirming around on the bed, Jessica didn't feel as warm as she thought she was going to be. Opening her eyes, she was met with Kris's sleeping backside. Blinking, she realized that she wasn't in his arms, feeling warm and cozy. Instead, she was holding onto an alpaca plushie in his place. Putting Ace aside, Jessica reached out to Kris, grabbing onto his shirt from behind. She tugged at it sleepily, wanting to be in his arms, all warm and safe. 

"Oppa~" she whimpered tiredly with her head still resting on the pillow. She tugged his shirt again.

Kris's face scrunched up. He is sleep was disturbed by her sudden voice. Feeling a tug on his shirt, he turned, laying flat on his back. 

Jessica curled up into a ball, wanting to warm up. She kept her right hand gripped onto Kris's shirt. 

"Oppa..." her teeth almost chattered. 

Shuffling on the bed due to another sound, Kris pulled the bedsheets higher up to his face. He felt a harder tug at his shirt and his eyebrows furrowed. He hummed a response to the voice. 

"Its...cold~" Jessica closed her eyes, sleep was caving in on her.

Kris immediately woke up when he recognized her sweet voice. Looking next to him, he saw a balled up, freezing Jessica. Pulling her into a hug, he wrapped her in his warmth. He pulled the bedsheets closer onto their bodies, trying to recieve more warmth and comfort. 

"Warm~" Jessica smiled into his chest and gripped onto Kris's shirt naturally.

He smiled and pecked her forehead before snuggling himself closer to her, burying his nose into her sweet smelling hair. 

Jessica quickly fell back asleep, feeling the best comfort in Kris's arms. He felt the same way as well, he loved her petite body warming him up and her lovely scent emitting on him. They were each others personal heater and teddy bear.

 

~~

 

 

A knock on the cabin door was heard and Jessica shuffled on the bed in Kris’s arms, eyes still shut. Several more knocks were made, this time it was louder and more impatient. Kris stirred awake but kept his eyes glued shut. He held Jessica closer, wanting to drift back to sleep. The impatient knocks turned into continuous banging, forcing the two to wake up.

“Who is it?!” Kris shouted as he sat up on the bed and ruffled his perfectly messy hair.

“Open the door!” A male voice shouted back.

Jessica rubbed her eyes and sat up as well. “Who is it?” she mumbled to Kris.

Kris shrugged. “Sounds familiar though…” he glanced over into the living room sleepily, still not getting up to answer the door.

“Open the door~” a female voice spoke this time.

Jessica’s eyebrows furrowed and got off the bed to answer the door, Kris trailing right behind her. He pulled Jessica back behind him as he looked through the peephole, wondering who it was. Seeing that the people outside had blocked the peephole view with their hands, they had to open the door.

Carefully opening the door, Kris prevented Jessica from being seen and peeked through the small crack between the door and the doorframe. After seeing who it was, he groaned.

“Why are you guys here?” he flung the door wide open, revealing Kai and Tiffany joyfully standing there.

Jessica, who was clinging onto Kris’s shirt from behind, glanced up at Kai and Tiffany and had a confused face.

“We’re visiting! We wanted to see the deluxe suite~” Tiffany giggled.

“We can come in right?” Kai smiled.

Kris shot them a perplexed questioning look. “N-“ he was cut off when Kai and Tiffany made their way in, brushing past Jessica and him. “Just like Lay and Luhan…” He mumbled incoherently and shut the door.

Kai and Tiffany looked around the suite like tourists in a new continent. Looking at the window view in awe, pointing around the room, even talking about the dim adjustable lights.

“The bathroom is so nice!” they exclaimed as Kris and Jessica stood there, dumbfounded. “Oh! Look at that! It’s such a big closet! Two sinks too!”

Jessica and Kris yawned in sync as they sat on the couch. Glancing at the clock on the wall behind them, they sighed. It was only nine thirty. They didn’t mind sleeping in for a couple more hours.

“Why is our sleep always interrupted as well?” Kris sighed.

Hugging onto him, Jessica pouted. “I don’t know either…”

“OH. MY. GOD.” Tiffany suddenly exclaimed in English and shuffled into the living room. “There’s only ONE bed?!” her eyes were wide.

The two sleepyheads nodded with their eyes semi-closed. “Yeah, it just so happened to be that way.” Kris mumbled.

Tiffany’s mouth was agape as she stared at the two in awe. “D-Did…you two…” she stuttered uncontrollably.

The two quickly caught on and their eyes widened. “NO!”

“Look! The lights are so cool!” Kai walked in with a remote in his hands, smiling happily. He pressed the buttons and the lights went from dim to bright.

Kai’s actions stopped when he noticed that Tiffany was in the middle of talking to Kris and Jessica. “…What happened?”

Tiffany looked at him. “There was only one bed here so I thought…” she didn’t finish her sentence and gave Jessica and Kris an embarrassed smile.

Kai’s eyes widened as he looked at the two sitting on the couch. He glanced back into the bedroom, seeing the messy ruffled bed sheets. Glancing back at the two, he saw that Jessica was wearing Kris’s shirt, looking as if she didn’t have any pants on.

His jaw dropped. “Oh…oh…oh my goodness…” His mouth was searching for any plausible words. “Did we come at a wrong time? Oh god. Tiffy, let’s go.” He quickly paced himself to the door.

Fany looked at him with a puzzled face.

“Yah! Pabo! We didn’t do anything!” Kris called out.

Kai looked back, bewildered. “But…” he pointed to the direction of the bedroom.

“We just woke up.” Kris gave him a disapproving look.

“S-She’s not wearing any pants!” Kai exclaimed with a shocked face.

Kris’s eyes widened when he remembered that Jessica wore his shirt, which was too big on her, covering her shorts. He glanced down at Jessica’s showy legs and quickly tried covering them by blocking Kai’s view of her.

“YAH! WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT HER LEGS?!” he hissed, angrily.

“I wasn’t! I just noticed!” Kai placed his hands up defensively. “I wasn’t the one who did it!“

“We didn’t do anything! She’s wearing shorts under!” Kris cut him off with a semi-flustered face.

Kai glanced at him and smiled. “Someone looks red…”

Kris gave him a glare before grabbing onto him and pushing him out the door, and locking him out. “So,” he directed himself back to the couch. “Why did you guys come over?”

Tiffany frowned. “You locked my yeobo out!”

“We came because we wanted to go touring with you guys! The ship docked already!” Kai yelled through the door. “Can I at least have my shoes?!”

Jessica giggled. She found it funny that Kris had locked Kai out but Kai still wanted to be part of the conversation even if he is shoeless. She can picture him pressing his ear onto the door.

“Oh yeah…Sica told me about that yesterday.” Kris grabbed a schedule booklet off the coffee table and flipped through it.

“Oppa! Let’s go!” Jessica tugged on Kris’s sleeve with a smile. “We’re already up.”

“We’ll meet you guys in the lobby cafe for breakfast!” Tiffany opened the door and walked out. Kai frantically ran in and grabbed his shoes before following her back out.

“Hyung is so mean today!” Kai exclaimed loudly before the door shut all the way.

 

~~

 

Touring Macao, Jessica held her camera with her left hand as her right was occupied with Kris’s hand. Walking on the dock, she and Kris decided to stay close and go onto the beach. Tiffany and Kai made their way to the seaside shops.

Walking along the beach, they slipped off their sandals and walked along the water, occasionally getting their feet washed with the salty seawater.

 

Click. Shutter. Click. Shutter.

 

“Ooh~ these are some nice shots~” JinHee snapped a couple more photos of Kris and Jessica as she sat from afar.

She had been on the beach ever since they’ve docked, trying to get a tan. When she noticed a blonde hair couple walking along the beach, she knew immediately that it was her cousin and his girlfriend. The two people she needed to take photos of for her curious aunt.

 

Comfortably and obliviously strolling on the beach, Kris and Jessica rocked their entwined hands back and forth.

“Oppa, we still have to take pictures!” Jessica held up her camera.

Kris took the camera off her hands and held it up, preparing to take a selca. The two posed in front of the ocean with smiles on their faces.

Shoving the camera into his khaki shorts pocket, Kris smiled and continued walking as he wrapped his left arm around Jessica’s waist.

“Oppa…” Jessica looked up at him with a smile. “Have you seen that commercial?”

He gave her a confused look, arching an eyebrow up. “Huh?”

“You know…” she sang a tune as she giggled.

Kris’s confused face was replaced with an amused one. “I still don’t know what you mean, but that was adorable~” he kissed her cheek.

Jessica kept explaining. “I always wanted to try that scene in the commercial! It’s where the girl runs on the beach and the boy chases after her! The melody was playing in the background.” Her face was full of excitement.

He simply laughed in enjoyment.

She pouted before she started to run her way down the beach with a huge smile. “Oppa~ Catch me!” she called out just like in the commercial, before running gently as the waves would wash over her feet and her hair blew with the wind.

Blinking with a smile on his face, he continued to watch her run down the beach for a moment before he picked up his feet. Almost catching up to her, Jessica squealed as he got closer and she ran faster as she giggled in happiness.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter