Chapter 68

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV:

 

“Let go of her.” Kris repeated with his stern, orderly voice.

“I’m sorry Hyung, but Noona looks like she needs the hug.” Chanyeol replied apologetically. “She’s crying.”

Kris shot him a tired, yet effective glare. “I’m not in the mood to argue with you, Chanyeol.”

Just then, Jessica cringed and clung onto Chanyeol’s shirt tightly. She didn’t want to face Kris right now.

“Let go of my girlfriend.” Kris ordered again.

Chanyeol took in a deep breath, gaining confidence. “I can’t Hyung. Noona seems scared. She’s…she’s clinging onto my shirt.” For once, he defied the angry Kris.

Kris shot him a deadly glare before taking things into his own hands. Reaching forward, he hooked his hand gently onto Jessica’s left arm, wanting to pull her away from Chanyeol. To his surprise, Jessica cringed and flinched away from his touch, holding onto Chanyeol for dear life.

This action took Kris by surprise. Never in a millions years did he think Jessica would reject him.

Jessica whimpered into the dongsaeng’s chest, clearing leaning on Chanyeol for comfort, refusing her own boyfriend.

Without further words, Chanyeol frowned sadly and hugged onto her, patting her head cutely, wanting to comfort her. Of course, he liked his Noona, but not in that way. Jessica was Kris’s girlfriend and he thinks they’re a perfect couple, but the way Kris was staring at Jessica in complete pain and shock, just made Chanyeol feel pitiful. The younger male felt out of place as well. He felt as if he shouldn’t be in this position. It should be the other way around. Kris should be standing in his place instead and he should be standing where Kris was standing, staring, not with all the hurtful pain, but instead, a smile. A happy genuine smile at the sight of the happy couple, but it just so happened to be the least of his expectations.

Kris stared at Jessica in pure disbelief. Hurt written all over his face. His Jessica didn’t want to be in the reassurance of his arms. Did it hurt her that bad? Did his lies go too far? Was he too stubborn? Should he have done things differently? Kris shut his eyes in regret. He should’ve been honest from the beginning.

His head started to pound, giving him a more heavy, muzzy feeling. To know that his Jessica was finding consolation from someone else, made him extremely hurt.

“Chanyeol…” Kris spoke up, his voice was softer this time.

Chanyeol’s eyebrows furrowed before letting go of Jessica, slowly. “Noona…I hope you’ll feel better!” he whispered before backing away. He knew how what Kris was feeling right now and he didn’t want to make it any worse.

Immediately, Kris pulled Jessica into his arms, right where they belong. Wrapping his arms around her, he didn’t want her to leave again. He didn’t like the sight of her running away from him. He hated seeing Jessica in someone else’s arms. Jessica was his and not to share with anyone.

Jessica’s tears flowed out like waterfalls, feeling herself wrapped in the warmth of Kris. She loves his hugs because they would always make her feel so safe, secure and loved, but this time, it just made her cry more. She was experiencing too many feelings from just one person right now. She just couldn’t handle it. Pain, hurt, and sadness from Kris, but he was also the one responsible for making her feel so happy, blissful and loved.

Chanyeol blinked at the sight. His lips curled in, seeing the two in such an emotional state. Walking over to them, he decided to join their hug and make it a group hug. His arms encircled around Kris and Jessica before showing his pearly white, extremely happy smile.

“Group hug~~~” Chanyeol chimed in a small voice.

Kris hissed at the happy virus and shot him a mean glower. Chanyeol sniveled with a frown and backed away again. Kris gets extremely protective with Jessica, Chanyeol then realized.

“Group hugs are supposed to make you feel better…” Chanyeol spoke up in a quiet manner, earning another laser jet glare from Kris.

Now was not the moment, Chanyeol.

Directing himself back to Jessica, Kris’s eyes softened.

“I’m sorry…” Kris whispered in Jessica’s ear as he comforted her in his arms. “I’ll explain everything. Just stop crying…it hurts my heart.” His hand caressed her head, bringing her into his chest.

The door to the emergency stairs flung open, revealing a rushed Tiffany and Kai. Their eyes focused on the sight before them. Kris hugging onto a crying Jessica. Looks like Jessica broke out in tears already. Catching their breaths, Chanyeol eyed them weirdly.

“You guys do know that the elevators work right?” Chanyeol spoke sarcastically, earning a glare from Kai. “Plus, the stairs are only for emergencies.”

Tiffany heaved a breath. “It was an emergency!” she pushed his arm, making the happy virus laugh. “I just found out something important…but I guess Jessica should be okay now.” She panted.

Chanyeol nodded and leaned against his trolley full of mail. “Noona seems very sad. Kris Hyung is pretty angry too. I’m guessing he’s either sick or in a bad mood and made Noona cry.”

“He’s sick.” Kai replied casually, letting the other know so they wouldn’t get on Kris’s nerves. “High fever and a cough.”

“Sica misunderstood.” Tiffany joined the conversation. “She thought that Kris didn’t like her anymore. We didn’t even know he was sick!”

Chanyeol gave an unsurprised nod. “Hyung is always like that. He can be so stubborn sometimes.” He blinked as he noticed sweat forming on both Kai and Tiffany’s faces. “You guys only ran up five floors…why are you guys sweating?”

Tiffany and Kai shot him a look. “We’re sorry that we don’t have freakishly long legs like you!” Kai complained.

“Try running up stairs in heels!” Tiffany whined and slipped her heels off her feet.

Chanyeol just giggled. The boy jokes around way too much, but what do you expect? He’s the happy virus after all. Correction. A trolling happy virus.

“Guess what?” Chanyeol spoke up again, earning Kai and Tiffany’s attention. “Hyung and Noona are having a titanic moment.” He giggled.

Kai and Tiffany’s facial expressions switched to a confused, awkward look.

“Except they’re not on a boat…or happy.” Chanyeol scratched the back of his head. “I guess its not a titanic moment…never mind.”

Kai shook his head before rolling his eyes at the amusing happy virus. “What are you doing here anyways?”

Chanyeol perked up again. “I was here for the sole purpose of delivering mail~~” he chortled with a huge grin on his face before heaving a sigh. “I’m alone though. Chen didn’t want to come with me.” he frowned.

“Well it doesn’t look like you’re doing your job right now.” Kai arched his eyebrows.

“I’m here to witness the strong bond of love~” Chanyeol directed his eyes back to Kris and Jessica. “This is much more important than giving mail to people. Hyung and Noona love each other a lot.” He folded his arms and gave all his attention to Kris and Jessica with focused eyes.

“Yah…stop being weird.” Tiffany hit the happy virus’s arm. “You’re stare is so creepy…”

Chanyeol only shushed her and continued watching the scene.

Kris lifted Jessica’s chin, making her face him. Wiping the tears from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter