Chapter 60

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV:

 

“Oppa, why aren’t you outside with the others?” Jessica asked as she continued to slice thin pieces of ham for the sandwiches they were going to make.

Kris continued to hug onto her from behind and rested his chin on her shoulder. “Why can’t I just be here?” he spoke stubbornly. “Kai is here.” he nodded over at the dining table where Kai and Tiffany were putting sandwiches together as they laughed at their conversation.

Jessica giggled, “That’s because Kai is helping.” She handed a piece of ham up to him and he munched on it casually.

“I can help too.” Kris replied, not wanting to go back into the living room, just to be ignored. Here, Jessica would always give him recognition and care for him.

Giving a wide-eyed look, Jessica gave Kris a bright, yet amused face. “Kris Wu is going to help me make lunch?” her eyebrows arched up in entertainment.

Kris’s eyes bored in hers. “Don’t underestimate me. Just because I don’t normally cook.” He pecked Jessica’s lips. “I managed to keep Tao alive when he was living at the apartment with me.” he chuckled as he washed his hands.

Jessica smiled and got out another cutting board along with a knife for him. Taking out a couple small packs of packaged turkey meat, she placed them on the new cutting board, letting Kris prepare it.

“Do I just cut them?” Kris questioned, ripping the plastic off.

Jessica nodded, “Thin slices, like this.” She pointed to the thin pieces ham she had already sliced neatly.

Kris eyed her cutting board first before starting to work on his own. Few minutes later, Jessica glanced over at Kris, wondering why he was so quiet. Seeing his mean, cold face, she could tell he was trying really hard. Trailing her eyes down to his cutting board, she started to giggle.

“Oppa, that’s too thick.” Jessica smiled, amused.

Kris glanced from his board and to her board, noticing a huge difference. He sighed and started to stuff some of the turkey in his mouth, too lazy to slice them any thinner. He started to try again, keeping in mind that he has to cut them up thinly. Slowly slicing off a couple pieces, Kris tried to his best to keep them as thin as possible. Jessica glanced over again and smiled.

“Oppa, now it’s too thin.” Jessica informed. “Try cutting it a little thicker.” She gave instructions patiently with a smile on her face.

Following orders, Kris nodded and scrunched his eyebrows together, concentrating fully on how thick he was slicing the turkey meat. Gliding his knife down the meat, he successfully sliced off another piece and looked at Jessica for approval.

“It’s too thick now.” Jessica giggled.

Kris groaned before he shoved the piece of meat into his mouth before placing the knife down. “Sorry, I’m not good at this.” He frowned, knowing he might eat all of it before he could even cut a perfect size of the meat.

“It’s okay, Oppa. At least you tried.” Jessica comforted, before meeting his lips with hers.

“Yeah, at least you tried…” Kai said, as he examined the horribly cut meat on the cutting board.

Kris shot him a glare. “Yah…”

Kai glanced up at him, “Oh…sorry Hyung.” He chuckled. “Are you going to finish this?” he pointed to the unfinished turkey. “I can help you finish cutting this up, that way you won’t destroy it.” he joked.

Jessica suppressed her laughter and quickly returned to cutting the ham, knowing that if she did burst out, Kris would definitely be mad.

“Just cut it up already.” Kris’s voice was clearly upset. “Stop making fun of me because I haven’t held a knife in a while.”

Kai broke out laughing. “You weren’t that good in the kitchen anyways. At least you’re not as bad as Tao.” He started to slice the meat quickly yet at the perfect size.

Kris let out a sigh and washed his hands before he hugged onto Jessica again, feeling upset. “Sorry.” He mumbled into Jessica’s ear, apologetic for not being able to complete a fairly simple task. He knew he wasn’t the best at cooking or even handling a knife, but he tried for her.

“It’s okay, Oppa.” Jessica gave him a reassuring smile. “Let’s just make the sandwiches. I’m done here anyways.” She placed the knife into the sink and grabbed the cutting board, making her way towards the dining room, as Kris waddled from behind her.

“Hi Fany~” Jessica smiled as she walked into the dining room, where Tiffany was still stacking sandwiches. “How did you stack them?”

“Spread, cheese, meat, lettuce and then tomatoes.” Tiffany replied, still creating the sandwich in front of her.

Sitting down, Jessica grabbed an empty plate and started to stack the sandwiches together. Neatly spreading mayonnaise on one slice of bread, Jessica then started to place the slice of cheese on top and then the meat. Stacking a piece of lettuce on top, she then placed two slices of tomato before stacking the second slice of bread over everything. Jessica then grabbed the small knife and split the sandwich down diagonally.

“Where’s Kai?” Tiffany suddenly asked, looking up from the sandwich she just made.

“He’s slicing the turkey meat for me.” Kris spoke as he munched on a piece of lettuce. “He insulted my cooking skills,” He frowned. “But he volunteered to do it.”

Tiffany’s mouth formed an ‘o’ shape. “Kai can cook?” her eyebrows went up.

Kris nodded. “He’s pretty good. I would sometimes go over to his place to eat dinner when I still lived at the apartment. He never told you?”

Tiffany shook her head with a contented smile on her face. “I always wanted a guy to cook for me before.” She clasped her hands together with a dreamy expression.

“Kyungsoo can cook too.” Kris pointed out. “He’s like a mother. He has motherly instincts too.”  

“I’m going to check on Kai.” Tiffany shuffled her way into the kitchen, completely ignoring everything that wasn’t about Kai.

Glancing at Jessica, Kris noticed her biting on the sandwich she just made, as she was making another one. Chewing on the sandwich in , Jessica took a taste of it as she had one had holding onto it, wanting to know if it was good or not. She hummed. It was pretty good.

Handing the half eaten sandwich up to Kris, she was letting him taste it as well. A smile appeared on Kris’s face when she did that gesture. He immediately took a bite of it and liked the taste of it, simply because she made it for him.

A loud sound of continuous mumblings were emitting closer, as Kris’s ears heard. Before he could even say anything, a couple of the boys made their way into the dining room with curious faces, wondering what was for lunch. Kris planted his face onto the table, knowing that his alone time with Jessica was simply ruined. He wouldn’t be her only focus anymore.

“Noona! What’s for lunch?” SeHun asked, shuffling his way over next to Jessica’s other side and sat down.

Kris’s head shot up from the table, wanting SeHun to go away. He was about to shoot him a glare.

“Sandwiches~” Jessica smiled and handed him a piece of the sandwich they just shared.

Kris’s eyes widened when SeHun opened his mouth to eat it. Jessica had bitten it last and he didn’t want his girlfriend having an indirect kiss with a college boy, regardless of SeHun being one of his best friends.

Grabbing onto Jessica’s wrist, Kris directed her hand away from SeHun’s face to his mouth, making her feed him again.

“HYUNG!” SeHun shouted with a pout on his face. “Why are you stealing everything from me today?!” he folded his arms upsettingly. “First Lulu’s drink and now a piece of a sandwich! Why are you do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter