Chapter 103

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV:

 

Kris was lying on the bed awake, his arms around his sleeping Jessica. He felt fluttery and nervous, as his heart raced at a fast pace. His mind wouldn’t think about anything else. Today is the day.

 

Yes, it’s the day. June 21st marked the day of Kris and Jessica’s third anniversary as a couple; boyfriend and girlfriend. June 21st, also the day Kris was going to change the status of their relationship from just dating partners to tied lovers.

 

Feeling jittery just thinking about the proposal, Kris silently lays there, taking in the raging nervousness. All his plans, his preparations and hard work would all be portrayed today. He just hoped everything would go according to plan.

 

Jessica shifted awake, blinking her eyes clear and turned around to face Kris. Her face filled with surprise after seeing that Kris was already up before her. She sent him a happy smile before wrapping her arms around his neck.

 

“Happy anniversary, my lovely Jung Sooyeon.” Kris looked at her lovingly in the eyes before connecting their lips together.

 

“Happy anniversary to you too, my very handsome and cool Wu YiFan.” Jessica grinned attaching their soft lips together.

 

Of course, Jessica had no idea of what Kris had planned for today. All she knew was that Taeyeon was throwing a party and everyone in the house was invited. After coming to a conclusion with Kris, she decided that it would be okay to spend their anniversary at their party. She had no clue that everything was set up, not even the fact that her engagement ring was hiding just a couple feet away from her in the drawer where Kris had kept some of his clothing.

 

“Thanks for spending three years with me.” Jessica giggled, wittily speaking.

 

A grin appeared on Kris’s face. “No problem,” he pecked her lips. “There’ll be more years to come.”

 

Being the lazy couple they were, the two had slept in till 11am. Taeyeon had asked them to come over around the afternoon time. The couple noticed the time, but didn’t move an inch. Today was their day and they were going to go by their own schedule.

 

Having their lips joined together, the two enjoyed their intimate contact. As they pressed their mouths against each other, their sweet light pecks turned into slow passionate kissing. Feeling it wasn’t enough, Kris ended up hovering over Jessica and deepened the mouth-to-mouth contact.

 

A loud knock on the door disrupted the two. “Hyung~~” Tao’s voice rang from the other side of the door. “I’m hungry~ Can we go to Taeyeon noona’s house now?”

 

Heaving a sigh, Kris plopped back down onto the mattress, feeling interrupted.

 

“Hyung??” Tao spoke again after not receiving a reply.

 

“We’ll be right there, Tao~” Jessica responded, sitting up on the bed.

 

Hearing a happy response and then fading footsteps in the distance, it was safe to say that Tao retreated back from where ever he came from.

 

“I’m going to wash up first.” Jessica flashed a smile at Kris before proceeding to get off the bed.

 

Watching her grab some clothes from the closet, Kris sat up on the bed and ruffled his hair. As soon as Jessica disappeared behind the bathroom door, Kris stood up and waited till he heard water running from the sink.

 

He quickly rushed over to the drawer, rummaging through the shirts until he reached the back corner. His hand grabbed onto the black velvet box and pulled it out. Flipping open the small box, a smile appeared on Kris’s face when he saw the shiny diamond ring.

 

Shutting the drawer, Kris closed the box before slipping it into his sweatpants pocket. He felt safer if he had the box with him, just in case Jessica could accidentally find it.

 

When both of them had washed up and got prepared, they made their way downstairs, where Tao was waiting impatiently.

 

“There you guys are! Took a century to get ready!” Tao huffed, as he put his shoes on.

 

Jessica only blinked and looked around the room. “Where’s Fany?”

 

“Noona left with Kai hyung a long time ago.” Tao informed. “Now let’s go! I’m hungry!”

 

Being rushed out of the house by a hungry panda, Kris and Jessica were quickly seated in the car in a flash. As per usual, Kris made sure to buckle Jessica in safely before starting the car. Ignoring Tao’s whining and complaining, Kris took his time driving at certain speed.

 

Finally reaching Taeyeon and Baekhyun’s house, Tao literally jumped out of the car and ran towards the front door in a hurry.

 

“Slow down, Tao. You might get hurt.” Jessica shouted, not wanting to see a hurt panda.

 

While Tao was busily pressing on the doorbell madly, Kris and Jessica took their time and strolled over together.

 

The door was flung open by an annoyed looking Baekhyun. “Why are you pressing on the doorbell so much?!” he scolded the impatient panda.

 

“Hi hyung!” Tao quickly greeted him before running into the house, wanting to fill his empty stomach.

 

“Oh, hyung! You’re here!” Baekhyun immediately grinned before giving a plain look of boredom towards Jessica. “And you.”

 

Kris grabbed the bacon by the ear tightly and glared menacingly into his eyes. Baekhyun instantly whimpered in pain and apologized.

 

“Sorry! I’m sorry!” he clasped his hands together pleadingly. “Noona looks so pretty today, my eyes are blinded by her beauty!”

 

Letting go of his ear, Kris then wrapped his arm around Jessica’s waist and gave a smile. Jessica stuck her tongue out at Baekhyun, telling him that he shouldn’t have messed with her in the first place. The couple then made their way into the house with light footsteps.

 

Baekhyun only pouted and rubbed his reddened ear. It was his house and yet he was getting beaten up and punished. He couldn’t even do what he wanted to do freely when his hyung is over. Sighing, he shut the door and got his revenge by sticking his tongue out at the couple behind their backs.

 

“Oh, you guys are here!” Sunny greeted with a huge smile as soon as the couple stepped into the living room.

 

“I heard it was your third anniversary! Happy anniversary!!” Yuri cheered, setting off many other congratulatory merriment.

 

Yoona started to applaud loudly. “Wah! Congrats!”

 

“It’s your third year together! I’m jealous~” Sooyoung looked at the couple dreamily with deflated shoulders.

 

“Our Sica is lucky to have such a great relationship! I applaud you, Kris…for dealing with this little cucumber for three years.” Hyoyeon playfully congratulated, earning a scrunched up face from Jessica for mentioning cucumbers.

 

“Unnie! Congratulations on your third anniversary! I hope you and Kris make many more memories together!” Seohyun praised.

 

Jessica and Kris only grinned happily. “Thanks.” The two expressed their gratitude in a synchronized manner.

 

The girls wanted them to sit down so they could have a chat, but the couple denied the offer momentarily, wanting to greet everyone else in the house first. After several pleas and convincing, the girls got Jessica to stay in the living room and Kris eventually had to make his own way through the house by himself, as he didn’t want to sit down just yet.

 

“Hyung is here again…” Baekhyun sighed as soon as Kris stepped foot into the kitchen.

 

“Hyung! This rice is so good!” Tao spoke with his mouth full, making Kris hand him a napkin with a semi-disgusted face.

 

Taeyeon turned around from the cutting board and smiled. “You’re here early.” She stopped what she was doing and faced him completely. “The boys should be coming here soon.”

 

Kris only nodded and leaned back on the counter. “Did you tell the them yet?” he pointed back at the living room, referring to the girls.

 

“Yep,” Taeyeon shoved her hands into the pockets in her apron. “They promised to not talk about it around Sica.”

 

“I told Chanyeol to tell the rest of the boys.” Baekhyun reminded.

 

Tao looked up from his bowl and blinked at the three who were having a serious conversation. The panda figured that the elders were talking about the proposal that was going to happen later today. He continued to eat while listening, wanting to be part of the conversation, even though he didn’t speak a word.

 

“Where are Tiffany and Kai?” Kris asked, wondering where his missing allies were.

 

“They’re upstairs, prepping and making sure they have everything.” Baekhyun informed.

 

Kris nodded his head, “I’ll go check up on them.”

 

“Wait!” Taeyeon blinked around before continuing. “Did you remember to bring the ring?” she whispered quietly, being extra cautious.

 

A smile appeared on Kris’s face before he nodded. “I’m all set. I just have to make sure Tiffany and Kai has the rest.”

 

Receiving approving nods from the two, Kris walked out of the kitchen and towards the stairs. The doorbell rang as soon as Kris reached the hallway. Already hearing the muffled chattering from outside, he immediately knew it was the boys. Stopping in his tracks, Kris contemplated for a moment whether or not he should answer the door for his crazy friends.

 

Jessica suddenly appeared from the living room, rushing to answer the door. “Oh, oppa! Why aren’t you answering the door?” she blinked at him, wondering why he was just standing there.

 

Opening the door, Jessica was greeted with hyperactive cheering masculinity. Indeed, the EXO boys have come.

 

“NOONA!!” a chorusing groups of eight boys shouted, excited to see Jessica.

 

It was like a pack of wolves surrounding the petite Jessica. The boys excitedly sandwiched her in a huge group hug. Kris immediately started to yank the boys off his Jessica, not accepting the too-close-for-comfort contact they were having with his girlfriend.

 

Easily being pulled away, the boys stood in place with pouts on their faces. They couldn’t even touch their noona with Kris around. The seven boys made faces behind Kris’s back.

 

Narrowing his eyes, Kris gave a glare towards the last person still clung onto his Jessica. “Sehun, get off.” He ordered.

 

Sehun only pouted and hugged onto Jessica even tighter. “No~ I haven’t seen noona in forever!”

 

“I haven’t seen Sehunnie for a long time too~” Jessica smiled; pinching the younger’s cheeks.

 

Suddenly, the rest of the boys start their complaints about how they haven’t seen Jessica either and that it wasn’t fair that Sehun gets to stick to Jessica longer. As the ruckus increased, the more Kris was pushed back and away from the crowd.

 

The boys were more clingy and childish today.

 

Just as Kris was about to start pulling the boys away again, he noticed Chanyeol complaining in the mob as well. Grabbing the happy virus by the back of his collar, Kris pulled Chanyeol back and caught his attention.

 

“Oh, hyung.” Chanyeol waved happily.

 

“Did you tell the guys yet?” Kris questioned in a light whisper.

 

Chanyeol nodded his head furiously. “Of course I did! Chanyeol follows orders!” he held a thumbs up along with a huge bright smile on his face. “They were all surprised like me, but they said they wouldn’t say a peep!”

 

Kris sighed, patting the happy virus on the back as a way of saying thanks. Planting his eyesight back onto the boys and Jessica, Kris’s shoulders deflated. No wonder they’re all crazy about hugging Jessica. They all want to spend time with their noona before she is forever labeled as Kris’s fiancée.

 

Kris’s fiancée only means no touching or even any sort of human contact with Jessica without having Kris there to restrain them or even beat them up, every single time. The boys were determined to have their fair share of free, unrestrained time with Jessica today.

 

“Noona! Let’s run before they come and attack us!” Sehun shouted, pulling his noona out of the crowd while holding hands.

 

Kris shot Sehun a passing death glare after spotting him holding hands with his soon-to-be fiancée. He sighed, figuring that it wouldn’t hurt to let the boys have their time with their noona for the day.

 

With Sehun dragging Jessica behind him, the two disappeared into the living room. The rest of the boys expressed their dissatisfaction by groaning or running after the two, Chanyeol included.

 

Deciding to check up on Kai and Tiffany, Kris trudged his way upstairs. Once he was up the flight of stairs, he glanced around the hallway, wondering which room the two were currently in. Deciding to just check in each room, Kris was opening the doors as he walked past.

 

When he came towards the last door, which was Baekhyun’s gaming room, he figured the couple should be inside. Kris had his hand on the doorknob but he halted in his actions when he heard something.

 

“Kai, no, stop.” Tiffany voiced out quietly. “What if someone sees? I don’t want us to be caught…”

 

Kai only hastily replied. “No one is going to see. I doubt anyone is going to walk in right now and see us. Let’s just do it.”

 

“But…still…” Tiffany sounded unsure.

 

“Tiff, come on. Just trust me on this. No one is going to see.” Kai spoke reassuringly.

 

Tiffany sighed, “Fine. Just hurry up.”

 

Kris’s eyes widened. Oh god. Just what are they doing in there? Kris was unsure of what to do. Does he knock on the door or does he just walk away and wait till their finished with their ‘business’?

 

He didn’t want to wait, so Kris hesitantly decided to just knock. After his knock, he heard Tiffany gasp extremely loud, along with a lot of shuffling and movement.

 

“W-Who is it?” Tiffany stuttered, sounding scared and surprised.

 

“Uh...me. Kris.” Kris coughed, feeling extremely awkward. Maybe he should’ve just waited.

 

“Oh.” Tiffany and Kai sounded as if they were relieved.

 

The door opened only a few seconds later and Kris stepped in cautiously, eying the two. He blinked at the two and then around the room. Nothing seemed out of place.

 

“…What were you guys doing in here?” Kris questioned.

 

“We were just hiding the supplies.” Kai explained. “Why?”

 

Kris only looked at him uncomprehendingly. “W-What?”

 

Tiffany locked the door before sighing. “Kai thinks that we should just hide the supplies under the couch, but I think it’s too obvious. What if Sica comes in and finds it?”

 

“Tiff, I’m pretty sure Jessica wouldn’t come in here and look under the couch. Just trust me on this. She’s not going to see.” Kai spoke his point of view.

 

An understanding look coursed through Kris’s face, as he finally understood what they were talking about. He definitely mistook their conversation from before.

 

“Well, we can figure

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter