Chapter 16

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jessica's POV:

My alarm clock went off, beeping like crazy. I groggily searched for the clock on the night stand, slapping my hand around. I managed to find it and shut it off. I rolled over to the other side of the bed with my eyes still shut and snuggled into the duvet. Taking a deep breath through my nose, I breathed out and my eyes fluttered open. *Time for work...*

I yawned and looked around my bedroom before dragging myself to the bathroom. *If only I got more sleep last night..*

After washing up, I made my way down to the kitchen. Tiffany was already awake, cooking breakfast. I skipped my way over to her. "What's for breakfast?" I asked, peeking over her shoulder.

Tiffany jumped and screamed in my face.

I flinched back at her reaction, with my eyes widened. "What's wrong?"

"YAH! Since when we're you home?!" Tiffany asked with her hand on her heart, trying to catch her breath.

"Ever since last night. Oh right! You were sleeping when Oppa dropped me off. It was pretty late.." I poured myself a glass of water.

She eyed me suspiciously. "Why'd you come home so late? What happened?"

I sighed. "Let's just say that he wouldn't let me leave..."

Tiffany's eyes widened. "OMO WHAT HAPPENED?

-Flashback- (still Jessica's POV)


"NOONA!" Tao found me in Kris's bedroom, packing my stuff. He dragged me out to the living room and made me sit next to him on the couch.

I looked at him confused. "What is it, Tao?"

"Play with me!" He handed me a game controller and pointed at the TV screen.

"B-But I don't know how to play!" I exclaimed. "You should ask Oppa instead."

"No! Hyung is in the shower!" Tao was pressing buttons on his controller. "It's okay! I can teach you!" His eyes were glued to the screen.

He showed me what each button means. "The square button and the X button are to kick. The triangle and the O button is to punch. If you press both of the same action buttons together, it makes a combo!" Tao went on and on about the remote control. He was speaking super fast.

"Wait...so this one and this one are to punch?" I asked as I pointed to the buttons.

Tao shook his head and pouted. "NOONA! You weren't listening to me!" He folded his arms and frowned.

I looked at him apologetically. "Sorry...I'm just a slow learner I guess..."

"No you're not. Tao, you were talking too fast. It wasn't her fault." Kris suddenly said.

I turned back and saw him leaning against the wall. I smiled sheepishly and felt her face heat up. *He's defending me..*

Kris made his way over to the couch and sat down next to me. He grabbed the controller from me and slowly explained what the buttons do in the game.

I nodded my head. "That's so much to memorize...can't I just press them randomly?"

He laughed at me. "Sure...I guess that works too."

"Hurry up!!" Tao whined.

Kris handed me the controller.

Jessica stared at the TV screen and realized something. "Oppa, why don't you play? I could go and pack up instead."

He glanced at me and at Tao and then back at me. "Every time we play, Tao loses," he whispered in my ear. "He loses against the boys too. He's only making you play so he can finally win against someone."

I nodded my head.

Tao started the game and I started to press the buttons randomly but calmly with my index finger. I glanced up from the controller to the TV screen from time to time.

Tao started to whine. "Noona! Stop it! I wanna win~~"

I kept pressing the buttons. "How am I winning? I'm just pressing the buttons randomly!"

Tao threw the controller on the couch and let out a mad sigh. I stared at him wide eyed.

"How does Noona win even though it's your first time playing?! I never win!" he stomped off into his bedroom.

I blinked in shock.

"It's okay. He's always like that when he loses." Kris nudged me.

"Poor Tao. He never won before. I should've let him win..." I looked down at the controller I was holding.

"Just wait. You can lose on purpose. He's gonna come back out soon." Kris sighed.

I tilted my head to the side. "What do you mean?"

Kris gave me a smile.

Suddenly, Tao came back into the living room and grabbed the controller again. "Noona. Let's play again! I'm gonna win this time!" Tao had a determined face.

"O-Okay." I glanced at Kris.

"Just let him win." he mouthed.

I let Tao win the game by pressing buttons very slowly. I glanced at Kris. He gave me a thumbs up and smile.

"YAAAAAAAAAY! NOONA! I WON. I WON. I WON!!" Tao shouted and started to jump around the room.

I gave him a smile and clapped.

Tao stopped and stared at me. "Noona...you let me win didn't you?"

My eyes widened. "A-Ani! I'm just not good at games." I let out an awkward laugh and glanced at Kris. He was biting his lower lip.

"It's getting late, I shoul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter