Chapter 88

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV:

 

“Last but not least, my beautiful kitchen!” Mommy Wu’s eyes crinkled into moon crescents, her face beaming.

 

“Wow…this is very nice kitchen.” Jessica looked at the white granite counters, dark finished wood cabinets and drawers, with a stainless steel fridge, oven and range hood, it looked a bit like Jessica’s dream kitchen, in other words.

 

Jessica was receiving a house tour by none other than Mommy Wu herself. With this tour, she got to really see the ins and outs of the house. Upstairs, there were four rooms made up of, Kris’ bedroom, his parents’ room, and two extra guest bedrooms.

 

“Oh, come! I forgot to show you the backyard!” Mommy Wu hurriedly rushed Jessica over towards a sliding door in the living room.

 

Sliding the door open, Mommy Wu revealed a huge, grassy green backyard with beautiful specifically planted bushes and flowers outlining the square yard. There was a small man made waterfall pond in the corner of the backyard, but it was only when Jessica walked closer did she notice the glistening pond with fishes swimming in it.

 

Mommy Wu giggled, “I’m a gardener.” She spoke, explaining the fact that they had a wonderfully clean and pretty backyard. “I picked it up when YiFan entered college. I was lonely at home with no one to talk to. My husband would work often and spent most of his time in his office or at his company.”

 

Jessica gave a smile, “I’m glad you found a new hobby to keep you company, but you must so lonely with Kris all the way in Korea and Mr. Wu always working.”

 

“Aw, that’s so caring of you, Jessi,” Mommy Wu grinned and patted Jessica’s cheek. “But I’m fine. My husband has decided to work from home now so I’m not alone anymore.”

 

“You can always give Kris and I a call anytime you’re feeling bored or lonely.” Jessica gave a reassuring smile.

 

Mommy Wu gave her a hug, “Thank you, Jessi. I’ll keep that in mind.”

 

“Ladies, if you’re done with your chatter, we should head out to lunch now.” Father Wu called out from the door leading back into the house, tapping on the silver watch on his wrist with a gentle smile on his mouth.

 

Making their way in, Father Wu shut the door, as he started a conversation with Jessica.

 

“How do you like the house?” he questioned, as Mommy Wu headed upstairs to gather her necessities. “Hopefully you enjoyed the tour.”

 

Jessica nodded her head, “Your house is lovely! Your kitchen is beautiful, it’s very impeccable and perfect.”

 

Father Wu’s eyes crinkled in happiness, “It’s technically my wife’s kitchen, but I can see that you admire it as much as she does. I do recall that my wife told me that you cook and feed our YiFan.”

 

“I can cook to just get by,” Jessica bowed her head in embarrassment. “It’s not as good as your wife’s cooking.”

 

A chuckled was emitted from Father Wu, “I would like to try your cooking soon, if you do not mind. You seem like very good cook.”

 

“She is.” Kris’ sudden voice suddenly sounded through the room. “I happen to think it’s better than mom’s cooking.” He smiled, handing Jessica her small shoulder bag and jacket.

 

Father Wu laughed, “Let’s hope your mother didn’t hear that.”

 

The three chorused in a chuckle together. It was then that Jessica realized that Father Wu was very carefree and calm. He seemed to be Kris’ partner in crime as well.

 

--

 

Since there is only a one-hour difference in time zone, Kris and Jessica were not affected at all. With the Wu family giving Jessica a tour around the area of Guangzhou for practically the whole day, it was time to go home after they had dinner.

 

Getting ready for bed that night, Jessica was happily looking through the photo album that Mommy Wu had given to her earlier while she sat on the bed. A giggle would escape from from picture to picture, making Kris peek over at the album each time and sigh, having the urge to block the photos from her.

 

When Jessica saw a photo that she thought was adorable, she grabbed her phone, wanting to take a picture of it. Kris saw what she was intending on doing and took the photo album from her lap, away from her phone camera’s view.

 

“Kris~” Jessica pouted, really wanting to capture the photo forever.

 

“No,” Kris frowned, giving her a small glare.

 

“But they’re really cute pictures~” Jessica blinked pleadingly at him.

 

Kris stared at her perfectly adorable face, knowing he was vulnerable to his own girlfriend’s cuteness. Jessica was a living perfection, capable to destroying Kris with her killer aeygo. It was inevitable, but approved by Kris.

 

“I swear I won’t show anyone.” Jessica said with a determined look on her face. “I promise~”

 

Kris sighed, giving up, knowing that he could never win against Jessica when she was being too cute.

 

“As long as you don’t show anyone.” Kris repeated, trying to warn her at the same time. “I still don’t know why you like my childhood photos…” he mumbled, passing the album back to her.

 

“Oppa is the cutest when he was little,” Jessica grinned, taking pictures of the actual photos on her phone.

 

Looking up, Jessica saw Kris giving her a ‘really now?’ look with raised eyebrows.

 

Nodding, Jessica approved of what she just said. “Oppa is still cute too~” she smiled happily, giggling as well.

 

Meeting her lips while snaking his arms around her petite waist, Kris embraced her, pulling her closer to him as well. Drifting from her lips, he nuzzled his nose with his.

 

“I’m not cute, although I think you are irresistibly adorable yourself.” Kris corrected.

 

“But oppa was extremely cute when he was little too.” Jessica retorted, looking into his eyes playfully, despite how microscopically close their faces were.

 

Kris scrunched his eyebrows, “You know I don’t like being called cute.” He protested.

 

“Kris Wu can be cute though. I guess it’s contradictory.” Jessica grinned.

 

“Well then I guess Jessica Jung needs to be punished.” Kris raised his eyebrows.

 

Jessica’s lips scrunched up before Kris’ was pressing on them with his, wanting to punish her by making her out of breath. Jessica somehow found herself straddling him on his lap, with the help of Kris himself. Having his tongue in successfully roaming , Kris made sure his arms locked around Jessica’s waist tightly, pulling them even closer together, as his hand slipped under her shirt while Jessica’s arms were around his neck.

 

Just as the kiss got deeper, the door suddenly opened quietly, revealing a clueless Mommy Wu. Her eyes nearly popped out of her sockets. She wanted to surprise them, but instead

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter