Chapter 74

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

An approx. 5,045 worded chapter...keke~ Have fun reading!

 

Author’s POV:

 

Waking up in the morning, Jessica woke up with a smile. It was her first anniversary with Kris today. The day felt unbelievably perfect already, even if she had work in just a few hours. She could see the sun shining through into her bedroom and felt contented. When she turned around to greet Kris, she was met with a shock instead.

Kris wasn’t there. Jessica was completely alone in bed on the day of their anniversary. Her overjoyed smile was washed away when she was greeted with the empty spot that Kris once was. He wasn’t even there in the morning of their anniversary.

She sighed before getting up off the bed, as she repeated over in her head; Kris is busy with work, you’ll get to see him at the company.

Today being a special day, Jessica decided to do more to herself. After washing up, she applied makeup extra carefully and curled her hair, flipping one side to the back while the other side flowed down the front elegantly. Of course, seeming that she had work, she couldn’t avoid the attire, but she decided to make the most out of it. Wearing a white button up, she tucked it under her pencil skirt neatly. Putting on a white necklace dress collar to make her look even more special today, she grinned at her reflection in the mirror.

Finally making her way downstairs, she then realized that no one was home except herself. She frowned, it was even lonelier. There was no one to share her joy with. Walking into the kitchen, she was greeted with a breakfast along with a post-it.

 

Hope the pancakes are still warm! Sorry for leaving the house early!

            -Fany~

 

Jessica smiled at the little note before digging into her breakfast. She was happy that Tiffany had made extras for her, but she couldn’t help but feel down when it wasn’t Kris’s name on the bottom of the note. He could’ve at least did something for her before leaving…but then again, Kris probably didn’t even know it was their anniversary.

Heading out to the car, she drove her way to the company, occupying her mind with the radio. Jessica did her best to keep a smile on her face. After all, it was her anniversary with Kris today and she didn’t want to ruin her mood.

After parking the car and heading into the elevator, she instinctively pressed the button for the twenty-third floor. When she kept her eyes on the buttons, she made the decision to press the fifth floor, wanting to visit Kris first.

Arriving on the fifth floor, she skipped her way in, happy to finally see Kris’s face today. Many greeted her as she walked through. As she reached Kris’s office, she opened the door and made her way in, just to be disappointed again.

Kris wasn’t there.

Jessica’s frowned. Where could her Kris be this early in the morning? Walking out of his office, she spotted Kai talking to a fellow worker and decided to ask him.

“Kai~” Jessica called out when he seemed to have finished talking to the worker. “Do you know where Kris is?” she asked curiously.

Kai shook his head. “Sorry, he didn’t come into the office today. Don’t you know where he is? You guys live together…”

Jessica shook his head. “He left early in the morning. I didn’t even get to see him.” She frowned.

Kai nodded his head. “You look more dressed up today, why is that?”

“Oh,” Jessica looked down at what she was wearing. “It’s our one year anniversary today, Kris and I.” she gave a smile.

Kai’s eyes widened. “Oh, wow! Congrats!” he smiled.

“Thanks~” Jessica grinned. “Well, it seems like Kris isn’t here so, I’ll get going.”

Kai nodded, “I hope you have a terrific anniversary!” he waved his hand before walking off.

Standing in the elevator again, Jessica made her way up to the twenty-third floor. As per usual, she made her way to her mailbox first. Expecting junk mail again, Jessica was in for a surprise today. Her mailbox was empty with the exception of a single red rose, along with a little card.

 

I know you’ve been sad…but smile for me? 

 

Immediately, Jessica’s face brightened up when she read the little pink card. Even without a name on it, she knew exactly who it was from the messy handwriting. It looks like Kris didn’t forget after all.

Happily grinning to herself as she walked into her office, Jessica strode her way to her desk as she held the small card and rose in her hands. When her eyes landed on her desk, her lips curved into a big smile. Another rose and card was placed on her desk.

 

I’m sorry that I’ve been ignoring you this past week. I love you. A lot. Don’t forget that. Oh by the way, you don’t have work today. Come home.

 

Jessica’s cheeks flushed pink. Kris knows exactly how she felt and what she has been thinking. He knew her inside and out. He could tell everything with just a simple glance at her face.

Grabbing the second rose and card, she made her way out of her office and tried to find Tiffany, but to no avail. She ended up asking her secretary if she really didn’t have work today. Her secretary smiled and told her that it was all set up by Kris and that Jessica could go home because she really didn’t have work today. After wishing her a happy anniversary, her secretary waved Jessica goodbye.

Normally, Jessica would be peeved to have gotten up in the morning to go to work, but today was different. She was ecstatic and was on her way to go home with an undying smile on her face. When she reached home, she was too excitedly and rushed inside. Making her way inside, she was about to call out for Kris, but stopped when she saw a small pink card on the stairs, telling her to go upstairs. Following the instructions, she walked upstairs with two roses and two cards in her hand along with her bag.

Another card was taped to the wall, pointing towards her bedroom. When she walked in, she expected to see her Kris, but instead, she saw a peach sleeveless shirt dress laying on the bed neatly, along with another red rose and pink card. Her eyes glazed over the dress, eying how pretty yet cute it was before she picked up the card.

 

Put it on. I got it especially for you. I can’t wait to see how adorable and beautiful you’ll look in the dress. Keep in mind though, this will be the only time I’ll let you wear something as short as this. Get yourself ready and make your way over to Seoul Police Station.

 

Jessica stared at the last three words with confusion. Why the police station? Shrugging it off, Jessica proceeded to change into the dress Kris had gotten her specifically. Her heart wouldn’t stop fluttering when she put on the dress. She loved the dress, it fit her perfectly and what made it even more lovely was the fact that Kris had taken his time to get it for her.

Switching to her shoulder bag, Jessica then grabbed her three roses and three cards before making her way into the car. On a lovely morning like this, why would Kris want to meet at a police station? Jessica hoped that he wasn’t in trouble.

Stepping out of the car and onto the sidewalk, Jessica stood in front of Seoul Police Station. That’s when their moments here flashed through her mind. When she helped Kris clean his bloody lip, where she met Officer Choi and most importantly, where she told Kris that she’d be his girlfriend.

Walking into the station, she looked around and spotted the front desk with a pink card taped to the front, noticeably.

 

Let this front desk guard know that you’re my Jessica.

 

The card had an arrow point up at a woman behind the desk typing away on the computer. Jessica’s cheeks turned red, noticing the underline on the word ‘my.’ Carefully peeling the card off the front of the desk, she then smiled at the worker guard.

"Hello, I'm Jessica." She spoke politely, forgetting about the instructions Kris made her do since it would be too embarrassing.

The guard blinked and gave a grin. "Ah~ You’re the Jessica. I'm sorry, but I cannot proceed if you do not do the instructions labeled on that card." she pointed to the pink card in Jessica's hand. "Mr. Wu has given me clear instructions."

“H-Hi, I’m Jessica Jung…Kris’s girlfriend.” Jessica shyly spoke, her face flushed red.

The female guard stood up and smiled. “Right this way.” She guided Jessica towards the back of the police station.

Jessica followed her obediently with a smile on her face.

“Happy Anniversary to you and Kris.” The female guard grinned. “I can tell you’re really enjoying this event your boyfriend has planned for you.” She looked at the Jessica who was carrying three roses in her hands.

Jessica gave a shy smile and nodded. “Thank you. It was actually a surprise. I didn’t know anything about it until a few hours ago.”

The guard came to a stop in front of a familiar desk. “Here you are. Have a wonderful day and I hope you’ll have a great anniversary.” She bowed before walking off.

Timidly walking towards the desk, she smiled when she saw the fourth rose and card on one of the chairs. Picking up the rose and adding it with her previous three roses, she then picked up the card.

 

Remember this exact spot? A certain Jessica accepted to be my girlfriend after she cleaned the cut on my lip. The first time she actually initiated a kiss with me…too bad it wasn’t on the lips.

 

Flooding with memories, Jessica sat down on the seat, joyfully remembering every moment they had at this exact spot. Just when she finished, a familiar figure appeared. Officer Choi.

“Miss Jung~” Officer Choi greeted as Jessica bowed. “It’s nice seeing you again after exactly one year.” He sat down behind the desk, where he once was one year ago. “Happy Anniversary to you and Kris.” He gave a fatherly smile. “I hope you two will continue to fight through hardships together.”

Jessica beamed. “Thank you.” She gave another respectful bow.

“I think this event Kris has planned was very smart.” Officer Choi spoke. “I wish I could’ve done this with my wife. She would’ve loved it. Instead, I just took her out to a barbeque and she is still jealous of every other anniversaries events out there.” He chuckled, sharing his personal stories.

Jessica giggled softly. “You still have next year to do it. I’m sure she won’t be jealous afterwards.”

Officer Choi nodded, “Then I’ll be stealing Kris’s event ideas~” he said playfully, making both of them laugh. “Well, it was nice seeing you again Miss Jung. I’m afraid I shouldn’t hold you up any longer.” He handed Jessica a pink card. “Mr. Wu told me to give this to you. Happy Anniversary.” He shook hands with Jessica before seeing her off.

As she settled back in her car, Jessica then flipped the card over and read it.

Did you have fun reminiscing? Apartment Complex #25 is your next stop.

Immediately, Jessica drove off to the next destination. The apartment complex where Kris and Tao used to live before they moved in with her. She wondered what they’d do there. When she arrived, she was given a pink card by the front desk worker, telling her to head up to the rooftop.

Riding the elevator up to the highest floor, she got off and headed for the stairs that led to the rooftop. Heels clicking on the marble stairs were sounded until she suddenly stopped, as there was a fifth rose and pink card sitting on one of the steps.

No, you are not going to the rooftop. I’m not going to risk having your dress being blown in all different directions! Remember these stairs? Our version of rock paper and scissors. Loser gets kissed by the winner. My Aegi was too innocent and kept losing~ I just know that you’re pouting your adorable lips right now. Next destination : Mapo-gu Park.

Just as Jessica finished reading it, she did realize that she really was pouting and quickly stopped. For a second she stood there with a grin on her face before giggling. She did have many memories with Kris and his little event that he had made for her actu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter