Chapter 13

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Aegi: baby

*Ahjumma: middle-aged or old woman/lady

 

 

 

Kris's POV:

"Oppa, where am I going to sleep?" Jessica asked.

*Oh right...I didn't think of it..*

"This is a two bedroom apartment..." I rubbed the back of my neck. "You can just sleep on my bed. I'll sleep on the floor."

"Oppa...you're injured, you should sleep on a bed." she looked worriedly at me. "I'll just go to Tao's room."

"No, you're going to sleep in my room," I grabbed her hand and led her into my bedroom.

"Oppa, you should sleep on the bed. I'll sleep on the floor instead then." she put her bag down on the floor.

I sat down on my bed. "But ladies should sleep on the bed. I'm not in much pain anyways," I smiled.

She pouted. "I'm not going to sleep on your bed," she sat down on the floor and grabbed her bag.

"Fine then...I'll get you extra blankets later," I glanced at her.

Jessica frowned.

"What's wrong, Jess?" I asked.

"Fany only gave me a set of clothes for the next day," she pulled out some of the items inside the bag.

A pair of jeans, a blouse, and shorts.

"She only packed shorts for my pajamas..." Jessica bit her lip. "Fany is so clumsy."

I chuckled at her. "It's okay, you can just borrow a shirt from me." I got up and walked towards my closet. "Pick anything you want to wear." I gestured her to come over.

She made her way towards me and her jaw dropped. "Oppa, you're really neat!"

I rubbed the back of my neck. "I guess babysitting Tao for a couple of years brought out my motherly side," I said sarcastically.

She reached for my sweater, tippy toeing. "Everything is higher here," she pouted.

I laughed. "You're just petite and cute, Aegi~"

She blushed and hugged onto my sweatshirt.

"I'm going to shower first," she grabbed the bag and walked into the bathroom.

I grabbed the extra blankets from the closet and placed them on the floor next to the bed. I contemplated whether or not to put another blanket out. *When she's cold, she always crawl in with me* I smiled at that thought.

I made my way towards Tao's room and peeked my head in. "Tao, did you shower yet?"

Tao shuffled on his bed and mumbled something inaudible. I walked in and hit the lump on the bed. "Yah! Did you shower yet?!"

"Ani~~" he replied groggily and rolled in his sleep.

"Get up and shower!" I shook his body.

"5 minutes, Hyung....5 minutes~~" he kept his eyes shut.

I sighed, knowing he wasn't planning on getting up. "Just shower in the morning then!"

Tao didn't reply. *Panda likes to sleep...I'm seriously his mother..*

I made my way back to my bedroom and the television. My eyes were glued onto the screen until Jessica came out of the bathroom.

I looked at her and smiled. *She looks so small in my sweater, how cute..*

"Oppa, what are watching?" she made her way over and sat next to me on the bed.

"It's a movie...I don't know what it's called though.." I replied. "Tell me what happens. I'm going to shower," I got up to grab some clothes.

"Got it, Oppa!" she smiled and turned her head towards the screen.

~~

I walked out of the bathroom and saw Jessica fast asleep on my bed, curled up in a ball.

*She's so small and adorable, like a baby. Aegi~*

I made my way over to her and sat on the bed lightly, making sure not to wake her. I slipped the bedsheets from under her and tried wrapping her with it. She rolled to her other side, squishing onto the sheets.

I looked at her and brushed the strands of hair out of her face, smiling.

I hovered over her, trying to grab the bedsheets from under her without waking her. She shuffled in her sleep and grabbed onto the hem of my shirt, pulling me down next to her.

I winced in pain. *My ribs...* I glanced over at Jessica who had a peaceful expression. She snuggled closer to me, still clinging onto my shirt. I let out a deep breath. *I guess you can sleep on my bed with me.* I smiled at her and flipped the bedsheets over us.
 

Jessica's POV:

I woke up the next day feeling warm. I kept my eyes closed and snuggled closer to the warmth under the blankets.

My eyebrows furrowed as I heard light breathing. Not wanting to open my eyes, I shook the thought off and continued to sleep.

That's when I felt my blankets slowly rise up and down. *It's just you Jessica..* I snuggled closer to the warmth and smiled.

I shifted my legs and hit something...something that felt like another set of legs. My eyebrows furrowed and I adjusted my head on the pillow. I heard a heartbeat, a slow and steady one.

My body shot up and I opened my eyes. I looked around the room and blinked. I rubbed my eyes and looked next to me. My eyes widened when I saw Kris laying there in his sleep.

I let out a sigh as I remembered what happened last night. *I fell asleep watching the movie..* I glanced at Kris and saw him fast asleep.

I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and checked the time. *i should make breakfast now..* I got up out of bed and made my way to the bathroom to wash up.

When I got out, I saw that Kris just woke up. He was sitting in the middle of the bed, ruffling his hair.

"Good morning Oppa!" I happily skipped over to him.

"Hey..." he yawned and hugged my waist, pulling me down on the bed, back hugging me. "Why'd you wake up so early?" he shut his eyes and rested his chin on my shoulder.

"I have to make breakfast~" I replied.

"Sleep more~" he pulled me down with him as he laid on the bed, still hugging me.

"I can't...I just took a shower. I'm fully awake now," I rolled over, facing a sleepy Kris.

"Well you should try. You should to make it up to me. Somebody slept on my ribs last night..." he said with his eyes closed.

My eyes widened. "Oppa! Why didn't wake me?!" I sat up, letting go his embrace.

He opened his eyes. "Because you were sleeping so soundly, Aegi~" he smiled.

*Aegi...he's calling me Aegi again..* I blushed. "Oppa, you should've woke me up! I only made your ribs worse!" I frowned.

"It's nothing bad...I barely felt a thing," he rubbed his eyes and slowly sat up. "I'm okay~"

I stared at him. "Are you really okay Oppa?" I crossed my arms.

"I'm perfectly fine, Aegi," he smiled and pecked my left cheek. "I'm going to wash up," he got up from the bed and walked into the bathroom.

My face flushed red. I touched my left cheek where he just kissed and smiled. I grabbed Kris's sweater and wore it. I made my way into the kitchen and started to prepare breakfast.
 


Author's POV:

Kris waited until Jessica made her way out of his bedroom. He heard the door shut and he poked his head out of the bathroom. *She's gone..*

He made his way to his bedroom door and opened it slightly, peeking out to see if Jessica was nearby. He didn't see her and sneakily made his way to Tao's room.

He opened Tao's bedroom door and made his way in, not forgetting to shut the door quietly.

"Hyung! What are you doing?!" Tao flinched and put his shirt on.

"Where's the first aid kit?" Kris asked.

"Why? What happened?" Tao's eyes became worried.

"It's nothing..." Kris sighed.

"Hyung~! Tell me! I won't give you the first aid until you tell me!" Tao pouted childishly.

Kris sighed. "Fine...but promise not to tell Jessica."

Tao quickly agreed. "I promise, tell me Hyung!"

"Jessica slept on my ribs last night and it hurts really bad," Kris confessed.

Tao's eyes widened. "Are you okay?! Can I see how bad it is?!"

Kris heaved a sigh and lifted his shirt up hastily.


--



Jessica shuffled around in the kitchen and smiled. She was almost finished making breakfast and decided to go wake Tao up.

She made sure the stove was off and make her way to Tao's room. As she walked closer to his room, she thought she heard Kris's voice. Her eyebrows furrowed and she leaned her ear against Tao's door.

"Fine...but promise not to tell Jessica." she heard Kris say.

"I promise, tell me Hyung!" Tao sounded excited.

"Jessica slept on my ribs last night and it hurts really bad," Kris sounded hurt.

Jessica's eyes widened when she heard what Kris just said.

"Are you okay?! Can I see how bad it is?!" Tao asked.

After a few seconds, Jessica heard Tao gasp.

She couldn't bear to hear it anymore and bursted herself through the door, looking in disbelief and worry. "Oppa, why didn't you tell me? You shouldn't have lied to me!" Jessica frowned.

Kris's eyes widened at her sudden presence. *Did she just hear all of that?*

"Let me see it!" she walked up to Kris.

"Jess, it's nothing, I'm fi-"

"Let me see it!" she demanded, still frowning as sadness and worry filled her eyes.

Kris looked at her sorrily and lifted up his shirt, wincing in pain when she touched the big purple-red mark on his ribs.

"Tao, where's the first aid kit?" Jessica turned to the panda.

Tao straighten up and pointed to his bathroom, not saying a word. He was scared the couple would have a fight and ruin his bedroom.

Jessica made her way into his bathroom and grabbed the first aid. She walked back out and grabbed Kris's wrist, leading him back into his bedroom.

"Lay down," she told Kris as she rummaged through the first aid. Kris followed her orders and laid down on his bed.

Jessica found the bottle she was looking for and uncapped it. She lifted Kris's shirt and dabbed the bottle on his bruise.

Kris flinched in pain as Jessica gently dabbed his bruise. "Oppa, why didn't you tell me?" Jessica asked quietly, still looking at his bruise.

"I didn't want you to worry...Sorry," he apologized, gazing at her.

"Just tell me directly next time, Oppa." she looked up from his bruise and met his eyes.

Kris nodded. "I will," his face softened.

Jessica gave him a smile.

Kris opened his arms. Jessic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter