Chapter 20

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Authors POV:

"Jung Sooyeon...age 20...participated in singing competition at age 9." Kris read out loud. "Oh!" he pointed at the file. "Scouted by a talent scout from SM Entertainment!"

"Oppa! Stop reading my records!" Jessica snatched her record away from him. "Who gave you my records anyway?"

"JinHee." he smiled. "I like to know about the people I work with."

Jessica smacked his chest with her records, making him lay back on the couch. "Focus!"

Kris and Jessica decided to start on the project early on. They started nitpicking on the general details without Kai and Tiffany. It was one of the simpler projects. One of the high buyers of the G Company were hosting a formal dinner. They wanted G Company's electronics to show their celebration picture slideshow.

It was Kai and Kris's job to ensure that all goes well and the hosts are happy about their placements and purchases. They had to manage the prices, decisions, deals, contracts, and of course, make a good impression on the buyers.

Jessica and Tiffany's job were to make the company's brand name show. They were also in charge of the placement of the company's items. The two were the decorators and had to make sure the company's name is being presented well. The four all together represented G Company for this project.

Everyone in the company all dealt with projects because there was always a reward at the end. A bump up in their pay and of course, they get to attend the parties/gatherings they worked or designed on.

"Yay! Another party to go to!" Tiffany pranced into Kris's office along with Kai.

Jessica and Kris looked at her. "We have to get the project done first!" Jessica reminded her.

Tiffany sighed. "I know...Who's ready to work their off?!" she said sarcastically.

"You guys already started?" Kai asked and took a seat in Kris's office chair.

The lazy couple nodded their heads. "We just read the basic info...that's all." Kris leaned his head back on the couch and hugged onto Jessica.

"Ew, that means we have to start too!" Tiffany expressed and slumped down onto the couch next to the two.

"We should all work in the same room," Jessica suggested. "That way we can just discuss matters easier."

Kai nodded. I'll bring my coffee table over and we can just work on the floor and everything.

Soon enough, papers were spread out all over the floor and tables. The four of them all concentrating on either a computer screen or papers.All of them were sprawled around the room.

Kris was at his desk, making a phone call to the hosts of the gathering and jotting down items and ideas they wanted.

Jessica was lying on the couch shoeless, as she read her papers, biting on the pen she was holding. She was trying to figure out how to include all the items their buyers wanted.

Tiffany was reviewing the items in the company, seeing of they had enough of the electronics in stock as she leaned back on the foot of the couch, shuffling papers to and from the coffee table.

Kai was typing away on his laptop as he sat on the floor, planning the schedule and the slide show. He planted himself in front of his coffee table that he moved in.

A knock was heard before the door swung open. JinHee came in with several more files. They all groaned.

"Sorry guys. It's the last time. Promise!" JinHee smiled before placing the files down in front of Kris.

Kris hung up on his phone and glared at JinHee.

"Hey, Boss told me to give it to you guys." JinHee folded her arms before walking back out the door.

"I could use a break." Tiffany sighed as she threw the papers down next to her on the floor.

Jessica rolled onto her back on the couch, stretching herself.

"I guess we can stop here for today. The date of the event isn't until 3 weeks." Kai pointed out.

"That's true," Kris agreed. "Let's just call it a day. It's already 6:30 PM." he slumped in his chair.

Jessica grinned happily and started gathering her papers quickly.

"Someone got happy all of the sudden." Kris chuckled.

"Of course! We get to go home and relax!" Jessica smiled and slipped her heels back on.

Tiffany got up and stacked up her papers before shoving them inside her bag. She slumped into the couch with a relieved sigh.

"I'll just leave my stuff like this." Kris shrugged.

Jessica glanced over and saw that his table was a mess. "Oppa."

Kris looked at her and sighed. "Fine...I'll organize it."

Meanwhile, Tiffany was busy helping Kai with his paper mess as well. "Thanks Tiff~" Kai thanked her as he packed his belongings together. He slung his arm over her shoulders before they all walked out of the office.

The four headed down to the parking lot together. As the girls were about to part ways from the guys, Tiffany gasped.

"Let's have dinner at our place!" Tiffany smiled. "I just went out to buy groceries yesterday!"

Kai and Kris raised their eyebrows.

"Let's go!!" Tiffany happily hopped under Kai's arm.

Kai laughed and nodded his head. "Sure."

Jessica looked up at Kris. "You want to come over, Oppa?"

"Yeah," he smiled. "But I have to pick up Tao." he scratched the back of his head.

"Oh..." Jessica nodded before giving him a smile. "Pick him up and then go over!"

Kris chuckled. "Alright."

"Oppa! Can I come too?" Jessica asked as she jumped up.

Kris let out a small laugh. "I thought you were coming with me." he flung his arm over her shoulder before walking over to his car.

"Fany! We're picking up Tao before we go home! I'm riding with Kris!" Jessica told her before sliding herself onto the passenger seat.
 


Kris's POV:

The engine roared as I ignited it. I buckled my seatbelt and checked if Jessica had hers on as well. I drove out of the parking lot and headed my way towards Tao's college.

Jessica suddenly gasped. "Banana milk!" she pointed at the banana milk in the cup holder that Tao left this morning.

I chuckled. "Yeah. Tao always drinks it in the morning."

She giggled. "I like banana milk too."

I handed her the banana milk with one hand on the steering wheel. "You want it? I doubt Tao wants it anymore."

She happily took it from me. I grabbed the small straw from the cup holder and gave it to her. She quickly unwrapped the straw from its wrapper and poked it through the banana milk's foil cap.

Jessica happily sipped on it, using both hands to hold it. I smiled at her cute baby

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter