Chapter 87

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV:

 

“We’re going now…” Jessica spoke cautiously, eying the still moody Tao.

 

Tiffany smiled, “Have fun!” she enveloped her best friend in a hug. “Be sure to get me something!”

 

Jessica nodded with a smile, “I won’t forget. Something pink right?” she laughed, knowing how much Tiffany likes the color pink.

 

“Tao, we’re going to go now. Take care of yourself.” Kris instructed the frowning panda who was still ignoring him. “Stop sulking already, Tao.” Kris sighed.

 

Today is the day where both Kris and Jessica were to head off to China. While Tiffany was excited to send the two off, Tao was still grumpy at the fact that his hyung and noona were going to leave him. Being forcefully dragged to the airport by Tiffany, the panda was going against his will and still pouting, even if it was time for Kris and Jessica to go.

 

Jessica still felt regretful at the fact that Tao was feeling upset. Making her way up to him, she gave him a hug.

 

“Sorry, Tao. We’ll be back really soon and we’ll be sure to get you a gift too.” Jessica took a step back from him and gave him a sweet smile, making the panda give up on his sulking phase.

 

“NOONA!!” Tao exclaimed sadly and pulled Jessica back into a hug. “You’re going to leave me!”

 

Kris frowned and pulled Jessica away from the panda. “That’s enough, Tao. We have to go now.”

 

Tao’s lip quivered, “HYUNG!” he wrapped his arms around Kris. “Don’t leave me!! I’m never going to let go of you!” he stubbornly pouted.

 

Sighing, Kris ruffled the panda’s hair before his shoulder deflated, knowing it might take a long time to get Tao off of him. Glancing over at Tiffany, Kris was asking for some help.

 

Tiffany got the memo and pried Tao off of him, letting both Kris and Jessica to walk towards the security gate. Tao only held onto Tiffany with a huge pout on his face, watching the two wave goodbye to them. When Kris and Jessica disappeared, Tao hugged on tighter to Tiffany.

 

“Noona~ They left us…” Tao whimpered.

 

“It’s okay, Tao…let’s go get ice cream.” Tiffany led the saddened panda out of the airport.

 

Making their way through the security check, Kris and Jessica quickly went and boarded their plane, wanting to be on time considering that Tao’s pouting held them up.

 

Handing their ticket to the flight attendant, the woman glanced at their seats and directed them near the front of the plane. It was then that Jessica realized that Mommy Wu had bought them first class seats.

 

Glancing up at Kris, Jessica had wide eyes. “They’re first class…” she stuttered in disbelief, as Kris smiled and led her to her seat. “That’s expensive…”

 

Placing their carry-on bags up on the upper compartment, Kris took the seat next to her. He grinned at Jessica’s lost looking face.

 

“Seems like my mom was considerate enough to get a seat with plenty of leg space for me this time.” He spoke sarcastically and stretched his legs to its full extent, feeling happy.

 

Jessica only blinked at him with a worried expression. “These tickets must’ve cost a lot…we should just pay your mom back for these. It’s very considerate of her. It’s only around a two hour flight too…”

 

Kris interlaced their hands, “Don’t worry about it. I’m pretty sure my dad handled it.” he gave a reassuring smile.

 

“But-” Jessica couldn’t finish her sentence as Kris stopped her mid-word with his lips.

 

“I told you not to worry about it,” he told her after he pulled away, receiving a nod from her.

 

During the whole short flight, Kris had told Jessica about China and what it was like there, his family and how much fun they were going to have. It made Jessica even more excited to land and see Kris’s mom again, including the rest of his family.

 

When the plane was hovering over China, Jessica’s excitement turned into nervousness. It was a big deal to meet your boyfriend’s family and she only realized this now after all the excitement.

 

“Kris, what if your family doesn’t like me?” Jessica started to have doubts and held onto Kris’s hand tighter.

 

Kris gave her an incredulous look. “They’ll love you. I’m sure of it. Even if they don’t, their opinion doesn’t matter, because I love you.” He smiled. “Plus, I think you’re very likeable. If my mom loves you, I think everyone else will…although I’m not sure if that would be a good thing, since they might want to steal you away from me.”

 

Jessica’s grinned shyly at his words before hugging onto him. “I love you too, Kris.” She snuggled herself closer to him. “Even if you’re selfish and possessive.” She giggled.

 

The plane landed in Guangzhou and the two made their way through the customs and retrieved their baggage quite swiftly before taking their time walking towards the exit. Knowing that his mom will definitely be out there waiting for them, Kris wanted to keep his Jessica close before she gets taken away from him.

 

“Wait till my mom sees you. She’s going to get excited and quite possibly have a heart attack.” Kris laughed before slinging his free arm around Jessica’s shoulders and pulled her close.

 

“I can’t wait to see her too.” Jessica grinned. “Your dad as well.”

 

As soon as the two stepped out of the gate, they were met with a squealing Mommy Wu. “Kya! Jessi!! You’re finally here!” she excitedly cheered and immediately wrapped Jessica in a tight welcoming embrace.

 

“I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter