Chapter 26

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Authors POV:

Tiffany and Kai stared in shock, frozen in their seats.

"Where's your ring?" Kris asked Jessica seriously, still holding onto her wrist and staring into her eyes with disbelief.

Kai grabbed Tiffany's hand. "We're gonna go upstairs..." he said quietly and brought Tiffany out of the kitchen.

"I asked you, where's your ring?" Kris repeated again with the same look.

He didn't want to believe it. Kris absolutely does not know what he did wrong and Jessica already took off her couple ring.

Jessica tried removing her wrist from his grip, still ignoring him.

"Stop." Kris instructed her. "I'm not going to let go until you tell me why you took your ring off."

Jessica gave him a glare before giving up and dropping her arm down as he still held on. She faced away from him and stared into the kitchen, not planning to say anything, any time soon.

She was afraid. Afraid of knowing the truth. What if Kris really was toying with her?

"Jessica," Kris entwined their hands together and placed her hand on his cheek. "Tell me what I did wrong, please?" his tone was softer now.

She looked at him and saw lost, confused, pleading eyes. He really was clueless.

Jessica shook those ideas out of her head. *Its a façade Jessica, a façade. Don't fall for it.* she told herself before retracting her hands from his face.

Freeing her hand, she quickly got up and ran upstairs and into her room, making sure to lock it.

Kris stared at her running backside in shock. *S-She ran away from me...* He blinked, trying to process what just happened. *Is she scared of me?*

He got up and strode his way up to her bedroom, only to be locked out.

"Jessica. Talk to me. You can't hide forever. You need to tell me what I did wrong." Kris furrowed his eyebrows and leaned his head onto her door.

No response was heard from Jessica. She was still giving him the silent treatment.

"Open the door, Jess. Just open it so we can talk." his hands gripped onto the doorknob.



No response.



Kris punched his fist onto her door. "Open it." he said sternly and shut his eyes.



No response.



He couldn't take it anymore. He didn't want the silent treatment. He wanted to know what he did wrong. He was trying to fix the problem but only got ignored. To Kris, he believes he has the right to know otherwise he can't fix it. He was done trying. Jessica needed to pull her end of the rope and try to fix this otherwise it's the end for the both of them.

"Open this damn door!" Kris shouted angrily.

Yet again, there was no response.

That was the last straw for Kris. He took in a shaky deep breath before lifting his head off her door. He stomped angrily into Tiffany's room where Kai was comforting her.

"You have a spare key, don't you?" Kris asked Tiffany, anger still boiling inside him.

Kris wasn't going to let this relationship go down the drain without putting up a fight. Even if he didn't know what he did wrong. He loved Jessica too much. He trusted her.

"Y-Yeah." Tiffany stuttered shakily as she removed her head off Kai's shoulder.

She made her way out the door and stopped at the built in cupboard in the middle of the hallway wall. Opening the left side, she dug her hand to the back of the cupboard and grabbed onto a set of keys. Looking through the tags, she found the one labeled "Jessica's room" and picked up the key hanging onto the end of it before handing it over to Kris.

Kris grabbed the key and made his way back to Jessica's door. Angrily shoving the key into the doorknob keyhole, he finally unlocked it.

He flung the door open and revealed a balled up Jessica on the foot of her bed, crying. Her head was buried in her knees, trying to suppress her sobs.

Kris's anger died down immediately as he registered the sight before him. The keys dropped from his hand as he saw his vulnerable, broken down girlfriend hurting because of him.

Forgetting about his anger and his hot temper, he quickly came to her side and hugged her, giving her comfort. He was letting her know that he was going to be there for her.

Jessica tried resisting him and kept pounding on his chest to get him away but Kris only pulled her closer and hugged her tighter. He didn't care if she didn't want him right now, he just wanted her to be okay. His Jessica was hurt and all he wanted to do at this point was to comfort her and make her feel better.

Realizing that she missed his warmth, Jessica stopped trying to resist his hug and just buried her face into his chest, crying uncontrollably.

Kris only murmured comforting words as she sobbed. He snuggled his nose into her hair, taking in a deep breath of his favorite scent, his eyes filled with regret and sorrow yet acknowledgement. He knew Jessica was sorry.

As Jessica's sobs were softening, Kris lifted her head off his chest and made her face him, as he caressed her cheeks. He gave her the most comforting and loving gaze. He pecked her lips before wiping her tears off her face with his thumb with a smile. "Would you like to tell me what I did wrong now?" he asked softly.

Jessica's eyes filled with fear and sadness. She was scared of the truth.

Kris noticed her change and pulled her into a hug again. "I'm always going to be here Jessica, I'm not going anywhere. I'm not going to leave. You said you trusted me right? We can stay like this all day until you're comfortable telling me." he whispered in her ear.

Only then did Jessica realize about their trust. She never once thought about trust this entire time. She even said with her own words that she trusted him.


Flashback-

Kris flinched in pain as Jessica gently dabbed his bruise. "Oppa, why didn't you tell me?" Jessica asked quietly, still looking at his bruise.

"I didn't want you to worry...Sorry," he apologized, gazing at her.

"Just tell me directly next time, Oppa." she looked up from his bruise and met his eyes.

Kris nodded. "I will," his face softened.

Jessica gave him a smile.

Kris opened his arms. Jessica quickly scooted next to him and hugged him. "I trust you Oppa.." she smiled and snuggled her head into his neck.

"I trust you too Jessica," he pulled her closer to him.


----

 


She realized Kris had given her his trust and was willing to work things out. The only thing she should do now was find to find out the truth. She trusts that he'll tell her the truth. It was a make it or break it situation.

Jessica lifted herself off of Kris and hugged her knees. There was a gap of space between them and Kris wanted to close it and embrace her and take in her warmth but froze in place when Jessica finally spoke up.

"Kris..." she started wearily, staring at the floor. "Are you cheating on me?" the question finally came out.

Kris's eyes widened in shock and disbelief as he stared at her. He was speechless at her question. "W-What?" he managed to sputtered out, still in complete shock.

"You heard what I said." she spoke softly with no emotion. "Tell me Kris, are you cheating on me?" she repeated herself, her eyes still fixated on the floor blankly.

"You've got to be kidding me..." he spoke in disbelief. "This is a joke right?" he scoffed.

Jessica looked straight at him. "Kris. Tell me. You're cheating on me, right? You're only using m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter