Chapter 90

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV:

 

Jessica bowed the millionth time today, greeting another family member of Kris. She had just met one of Kris’s uncles, the third one she’s met today. Introducing herself to two little children, she waved her hand with a disarming smile.

 

So far, out of the three families that had walked into the Wu residence has been nothing but kind and polite towards her. The adults were busily complimenting her, also getting to know her. Jessica felt grateful that they accepted her very quickly and made her feel a part of the family already.

 

As Father Wu and the two uncles were busy managing the grill in the backyard, the three women were inside the kitchen, prepping for the meal as well. The women had shooed Jessica out of the kitchen after she finished her beef stew, wanting her to have fun with the others. Jessica had quickly become best friends with the little kids, as the children were attracted to her kindness.

 

What made Jessica surprised was that Kris’s family was bilingual. Including the children, everyone she has met so far has been able to speak to her in English. Jessica was grateful and impressed simultaneously.

 

Heading out into the backyard, Jessica made her way towards the group of little kids planted on the plaid blanket on the grass. She had bought some candy earlier at the grocery store and decided to share them with the kids.

 

“Jie jie! You have candy!” one of the little boys, Alex pointed his little finger up at Jessica when she came back.

 

“Can Jenny have one, pwease?” the youngest girl asked cutely.

 

“Henry wants one too!” another little boy jumped up in excitement.

 

Grinning, Jessica passed the three a piece of candy. The kids were around the age of Kyungsan, which made Jessica get along with them rather quickly. Sitting down on the cool grass next to the children, she smiled as Jenny took a seat on her lap, playing with the doll in her hands.

 

Ever since Emily arrived, Jessica has not been able to see Kris for more than ten seconds. When Jessica would spot Kris, Emily would always be nearby, either clinging onto him or talking to him. What’s worse was the Jessica had to greet his family members by herself, which made her feel extremely out of place without having Kris by her side to lessen the awkwardness.

 

Jessica felt her heart clench when she would see Emily beside Kris. She managed to convince herself that the two were just close and that Kris would stay loyal to her. Jessica felt that she shouldn’t feel jealous when Kris was already hers to begin with, but nevertheless, she still felt it.

 

“Hey there cutie,” Jessica felt an arm slung over her shoulders.

 

Glancing to her side, she had built up excitement, thinking it was Kris. When her eyes met the unfamiliar orbs, her anticipating face turned into a neutral one. It was only Michael. Shrugging his arm off her shoulders, Jessica politely refused the contact.

 

“Gege!” Henry cheered, running his way over to Michael, giving him a hug.

 

“What? You’re upset it wasn’t Kris?” Michael joked, glancing over at Jessica to see a saddened smile. “He’s just inside with Emily. Auntie told them to help with the food.” His tone changed to a consoling one.

 

Jessica nodded her head, trying to keep a smile on her face. Her hands twiddled with little Jenny’s hair.

 

“It’s annoying right?” Michael questioned, while playing with both Alex and Henry.

 

Looking up, Jessica gave him an uncomprehending look.

 

“Emily clinging onto Kris.” Michael stated as a matter of fact.

 

About to protest, Jessica opened to deny it, but Michael didn’t let her retort or even speak a word.

 

“I understand you completely, even if you want to deny it.” Michael raised an eyebrow at her. “I’ve had to put up with it for my whole life. Kris could barely play basketball with me with Emily stuck to him all the time. Trust me, even if you’re not feeling annoyed, you will. Why don’t you just go up and take Kris back? You must be extremely lonely and bored if you’re keeping these kids company.”

 

“What is ex-tree-my?” Alex questioned, looking up at Michael blankly.

 

Jessica shrugged, “They’re just…close. That’s all.” she referred to Kris and Emily. “Plus, I happen to enjoy the company of children.” She semi-lied, as she wanted to be with Kris at the moment.

 

Michael gave Jessica a look of disapproval. “You’re just asking for your man to be taken away from you! If I were your boyfriend, would you let me suffer with some annoying chick all day long?” he pouted, being playful.

 

Jessica gave a small smile, amused by Michael’s change of attitude. She was reminded of the childish EXO boys for a moment.

 

“I’m sure Kris is just wanting to catch up with her.” Jessica thought positively. “Besides, Kris wouldn’t leave me.” she glanced up at Michael with a look of confidence, knowing that her trust with Kris was quite strong.

 

Michael’s lips puckered up, “I still think I’m a better candidate to be your boyfriend. See? I can be cute, unlike YiFan.” He showed his pouting lips again.

 

Giggling, Jessica nudged him playfully, but silently thanked him for making her into a better mood. She would’ve been a sad mess the whole day if it weren’t for Michael.

 

“Speaking of the un-cute skyscraper…” Michael nodded his chin towards the men at the grill.

 

Kris was walking out of the house, a tray of ready to be cooked meat in his hands, heading over towards the grill. Of course, with Emily trailing right behind him with a huge bowl in her hands.

 

Jessica only caught a glimpse of Kris until Jenny tugged on her shirt. Switching her attention towards the little girl, Jessica saw that Jenny saw the extra candy sticking out of her pocket. Poking the lollipop, Jenny was asking for it shyly.

 

“Can Jenny have lollipop?” Jenny cutely asked, blinking her cute doe eyes at Jessica.

 

Pulling the candy out of her pocket, she handed the pink lollipop to Jenny.

 

“Thank you,” Jenny excitedly waved the lollipop in her hand before wrapping her arms around Jessica’s neck, hugging her as much as she can.

 

Jessica grinned at how cute the little girl could be. She might just have to introduce Kyungsan to her. Kyungsan could have a potential girlfriend in the near future if Jenny keeps being so cute.

 

“Gege!” Jenny suddenly called out, jumping out of Jessica’s lap.

 

“There you are,” the familiar voice sounded out.

 

But before Jessica could look at the owner of the voice, she was being picked up off the floor and was spun around once. Once she was settled on her feet, she was twirled around to face a beaming Kris.

 

Before Jessica could even speak a word, her lips were sealed by Kris’s.

 

“I found you,” Kris murmured, his lips still pressed against Jessica’s.

“I found you too,” Jessica giggled back before pulling away. “Where were you?”

 

All the jealousy and sulking Jessica was feeling before vanished the instant she was in Kris’s arms. It was as if he was by her side the whole time she was alone. The magical feeling of being in Kris’s arms was all it took for Jessica to be perfectly fine.

 

“Looking for a certain Jessica that se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter