Chapter 37

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV:

 

Kris cleared his throat as he glanced away from Jessica in embarrassment as she was still clinging onto him like a koala.

Jessica blinked and worry filled her brown eyes. “Oppa, does it hurt?” she ran her finger over his collarbone she bit just seconds ago. She slid herself off of Kris before giving him a hug. “I’m sorry, Kris.” She apologized sincerely.

Snapping out of his daze, Kris quickly wrapped his arms around her. “I’m fine, I was just shocked. It didn’t hurt.”

He smiled as he thought of something to divert her attention and make her feel better. Kris sneakily scooped up some more water with his hand and splashed it on her back, causing her to shriek and hug onto him tighter.

“O-Oppa~ It’s cold!” she was shivering against him as she whimpered. “Can we go to the hot tub?” Jessica glanced up at him pleadingly.

Kris chuckled before nodding and hugging her from behind as they made their way back to the side of the pool. He lifted her up and out of the water by her waist before he sat her down on the ledge, causing Jessica to flush red and look at him in awe. Kris only smirked and lifted himself out of the water with the help of the ledge. Grabbing the fallen towel, Kris then interlocked his fingers with Jessica’s, walking towards the hot tub together.

As they made their way around the deck, a woman walked up to them, blocking their walkway.

“Hey there,” the woman’s voice was produced as ily as possible. Her eyes were glued onto Kris as she eyed his body up and down, ignoring Jessica’s presence. “Can you help me put on this suntan oil?” she handed him a bottle with a smile hanging on her lips. Her other hand was trailing up Kris’s left arm.

Kris glared at her with cold, icy eyes as Jessica stood there with her eyebrows raised. Kris then suddenly grabbed the suntan oil out of her hands and tossed it into the pool, all with his signature face on.

“I’m sorry, what suntan oil?” he questioned as he kept his cold glare.

The female’s eyes widened in shock and disbelief. hung open.

“Could you step aside, please? My girlfriend and I have to get through.” Kris stated with authority as let go of Jessica’s hand and swerved it around her waist.

The woman scoffed and stomped off, obviously peeved.

Jessica’s lips curved into a small shy smile, happy with the way Kris handled the situation. She looked up to see him smiling at her. He gave her a peck on her lips before they continued their stroll to the hot tub.

“Oppa, that’s 40 now.” She spoke up.

Kris chuckled, “I don’t think you need to keep counting. I’ll be kissing you a lot for a long time.”

Her cheeks felt hot at his remark. The smile on her face didn’t fade for a while.

Reaching the hot tub, Jessica hurriedly stepped in and sank herself into the warm water. Sighing in contentment, she smiled to herself as she hugged her knees close.

Kris sat next to her and let out a breath. “This is better than the actual pool.”

“It’s warmer too~” Jessica smiled.

A worker with a tray of drinks suddenly came by, “Would you guys like some beverages?” he looked down at us. “They’re tropical drinks.” He lowered the tray down for the two to see.

Jessica frowned at the sight of cucumbers hanging on the glass cup as decoration and grabbed the only drink on the tray with no trace of cucumbers. “Thank you.” She smiled before the employee leaned the tray towards Kris. Denying the beverages, Kris waved his hand and the employee bowed before walking off.

She sniffed her drink, wondering what it was. “Oppa, what is this?” she handed her drink to Kris, letting him smell it too.

Taking a sip, Kris tasted the drink in his mouth. “Mangoes and peaches?” he handed the drink back to her. “It tastes like a mix of things.”

Jessica shrugged her shoulders. “As long as there aren’t any cucumbers~” she smiled before sipping the drink down.

“Hey guys!” JinHee suddenly sat down in the hot tub in front of the two. “Why do you guys move so much? I finally got into the pool over there and you two just climbed out!”

Kris laughed, “Can’t keep up with us, slow-poke?”

JinHee’s leg flew forward and kicked Kris in the shin. “Stop making fun of your Noona!”

Jessica giggled at their instant bickering.

“You guys remember about the dinner and dance tomorrow night right?” JinHee questioned as she sunk lower into the hot water.

“Yup,” the two nodded. “When does it end?” Jessica asked curiously as she scooted closer to Kris.

JinHee shrugged. “I don’t know, but I heard it’s going to be fun. The company booked the dining hall for the whole night. I saw Boss running around the venue like a busy body this morning, making sure everything would be set up well.”

Putting his arm around Jessica’s shoulder, Kris casually sipped her drink again. He felt the drink was a bit strange. It had a slightly different taste to a regular tropical fruit drink. He sipped onto the drink once more, trying to figure out what was off about it.

“Jess, don’t you find this drink weird?” Kris asked as he handed the glass cup back to her.

Jessica glanced at the drink and then at him. She shook her head and gave a worried look. “I drank half of it already.”

JinHee reached out from the hot tub and grabbed her camera off the ledge. Holding on it tightly, she focused the camera and snapped a photo of the two casu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter