Chapter 19

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jessica's POV:

Kai and Fany decided to get some ice cream together before heading back to the office.

Kris and I showed the guard our name tags and made our way to the elevators.

"Oppa, can I visit your floor?" I asked as he pressed the button for the 23rd floor.

"You want to visit my floor?" he raised his eyebrows.

"You visited my floor. I want to see your floor!" I smiled. "There's still time!" I checked my phone.

Kris chuckled at me. "Okay, I guess you can. It's really nothing special." he pressed the 5th floor button.

"You walk up five floors everyday?" I faced him as the elevator doors closed.

"It's better than using the crowded elevator." he entwined out hands together.

I nodded my head. The elevator stopped and the doors opened revealing a little lobby for the elevators that resembled the 23rd floor.

"Oppa, it looks like my floor!" I pointed out as we walked out of the elevator.

"All floors are like this, silly!" he gently pinched my nose and smiled.

I pouted. "I never noticed..."

He pushed open the door, revealing the working office. The first thing I saw was a front desk. We walked towards it as Kris smiled at the man.

"Someone came back from lunch pretty early...with a girl too!" he chuckled.

"This is Jessica." Kris introduced.

I gave him a smile and a small bow. "Hi, I'm Jessica."

I glanced at Kris, waiting for him to introduce his friend to me and squeezed his hand.

The man behind the front desk gasped. "So you're the Jessica! Kris was talking about you all this morning!" he smiled. "Oh! I'm ChanHee! I work at the front desk!"

My eyes widened at his fast talking. "Nice to meet you, ChanHee." I kept my smile on my face.

He kept staring at me, which made me freaked out. I gave an awkward smile and nudged Kris.

Kris chuckled, "You can stop now, ChanHee. You're freaking my girlfriend out."

"You're so pretty!" ChanHee exclaimed.

I let out an awkward laugh. "Thanks..." I smiled shyly.

"Get back to work, ChanHee!" Kris said and pulled me away from the front desk and towards the offices.

"Oppa, does he always stare at people like that?"

"Yeah...he's weird like that." Kris laughed.

Workers that walked by greeted Kris and some handed him some files and papers.

"Ooh~ Oppa is so popular on this floor~" I giggled as we made our way into his office.

"That's because I'm manager." he smiled and wrapped his arms around my waist. He sat down on a couch and pulled me down onto his lap.

I looked around his office. It was nice and comfy. Very organized and it was a good size. A desk was placed in the back but faced the door. It looked the same as my office.

Kris snuggled his face in my neck and held me tighter.

"Oppa, are you tired?" I asked.

He nodded his head in my neck. "You smell nice. Peaches...my favorite."

I giggled at him. "Oppa smells nice too."

He lifted his head up. "What do I smell like?"

I thought about it. There wasn't a specific scent. Kris was...Kris. He has his warmth.

He inched his face closer to mine. "Is it that hard to think of a scent?"

"But Oppa doesn't have a specific scent. You have warmth!" I smiled.

He stared at me. *Was my answer that bad?*

I pouted. "Stop staring at me like that. My answer was honest!" I blinked at him.

He chuckled and inched his face even closer. He was going to kiss me again. I shut my eyes, waiting for his warm lips to crash onto mine. I felt his face come closer and closer. His warmth, I could feel it. His nose touched mine. He was inching closer and closer.

"Kris!" a female voice came barging into the room.

I flinched and my eyes fluttered open. We both shot our eyes at the owner of the interrupting voice.

A girl around my age was standing there with a file folder in her hands. She had a shocked expression. "S-Sorry! I didn't know I was interrupting!" she bowed and grabbed onto the door handle.

"What did you need me for?" Kris asked the woman as he sighed.

"Uh, I had something to give you but I can come back later!" she quickly replied.

"Just give me what you have now, JinHee." Kris motioned her in.

I blinked blankly and turned to Kris.

"This is JinHee, my secretary." he pointed out.

"Hi." she greeted with a slight bow.

"JinHee, this my girlfriend Jessica." Kris introduced me.

I smiled at her. "I'm Jessica. Nice to meet you."

"Oh! Kris, you have a girlfriend?" she asked with a surprised face.

"Uhh, yeah." he smiled as he reached for the folder in her hands.

JinHee nodded and giggled.

"Kai already received a copy of this project. Boss said that you and Kai need to work with the brand managers from the 23rd floor so we can have our company brand displayed there." JinHee informed.

Kris smiled. "Well, Miss brand manager," he faced me and his grip on my waist tightened. "I'm guessing you have to help me with this project." he smirked.

"You're the brand manager on the 23rd floor?" JinHee asked me.

"Yeah," I smiled. "Small world?" I giggled.

"Oh! What a surprise!" she smiled. "I should get going. I already interrupted you guys." she let out a small laugh before leaving the room.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter