Chapter 72

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jessica’s POV:

 

After being dropped off to the twenty-third floor by Kris, I made my way towards the front desk and grabbed the mail envelopes that were awaiting me from my mail cubby. After greeting people on the floor, I finally made my way into my office.

Getting myself situated behind my desk, I then started to look through the small stack of mail I’ve received. I normally don’t think much of mail because I would mostly end up getting coupons or ads from furnishing or decorating companies that I had cooperated with. I would rarely get an actual mail and yet again, nothing important was delivered to my mailbox today.

Just when I was about to throw the stack of mail away, a small pink piece of paper stuck out from one of the mail envelopes. A smile appeared on my face when I realized what it was. Peeling the post-it note off from the back of one of the envelopes, I read the little message on it.

‘Have a great day Noona! There’s no important mail for you, but at least you got a special note from the almighty Chen and awesome Chanyeol!’

A small laugh came out of my mouth before I stuck the post-it into my desk drawer. Ever since Chen and Chanyeol found out about my mailbox, they’ve been giving me surprises once in a while. Last week, I received a lollipop in my box, along with another post-it on it, filled with funny comments.

Just in time, my secretary came in and handed me the files for the day. Telling me about the details as well. From all the items needed to be promoted to where they were going to be advertised, my secretary made reading files much more easier for me.

“Oh, the deadline is on the twenty-first~” my secretary called out before stepping out of my office.

Nodding my head, I started to look through the files. When my eyes caught onto the post-it that my secretary made, something clicked in my head.

Deadline – June 21, 2013

The date rang through my head and my heart pounded madly. The heat rushed to my face and a big smile appeared on my lips as I kept my eyes onto that post-it. Of course I’d remember that date.

It would be the anniversary of Kris and I. Our first year to be exact.

Time must’ve flew by tremendously fast. It’ll be a year of being together in just exactly one week. All the times we had together flashed through my mind. Even if we did have our ups and downs, it made us into a stronger more loving couple. I enjoyed and loved everything that we did together. I just can’t believe that a year has passed.

But that’s when it struck me. What can I do for Kris on our anniversary? What can I give him?

A pout formed on my lips as I was at a loss for what I would do. It was our first anniversary and I didn’t know what to do or give to him. My eyes fell onto the file folders on my desk. I sighed as I was reminded to finish my work for the day, but then my eyes landed on my phone.

Maybe we can talk about it over lunch.

Quickly calling him, the excitement built up inside me again. I couldn’t help myself.

“Oppa~” I called out when he picked up his phone.

“Aegi~” Kris chuckled over the phone, imitating the same tone I used.

“Let’s go to lunch together later!” I insisted, already joyous to talk about our anniversary.

“I can’t, I just got a stack of schedules to do. Maybe next time?”

“Okay, don’t get too tired.” A small pout formed on my face.

“Mm~ I love you.”

“I love you too.” My lips curved into a smile again. Only he was capable of doing this.

Putting down my phone after ending the call, I slumped in my chair. The files on my desk twinkled in my eyes again, waiting to be looked through. Heaving a sigh, I grabbed them and started to read its contents.

 

~~

 

“Fany~ What should I do?” I resorted to my best friend for some help as we sat down at a nearby restaurant.

Being rejected by Kris, I went to lunch with Tiffany instead. I still didn’t know what to do about our anniversary and she was the best person to go to. She always knows what to say and gives really good advice. It took me a while, but I still got her to go to lunch with me by herself, considering that she was practically stuck to Kai like glue.

Tiffany tilted her head and put down the menu in her hands. “What’s the problem?” she gave me her full attention.

“It’s going to be our one year anniversary next week…” I began before I bit my lip.

Fany’s eyebrows arched up and she took in a gasp. “Kya! Already?! What are you two going to do?!” she exclaimed excitedly.

My shoulders deflated. “I don’t know. I’m having trouble figuring that out and Kris is too busy in his office. That’s why I pulled you out to lunch.”

A waiter came by and asked for orders, interrupting us, but we didn’t mind. Handing the worker our menus after stating our orders, the man politely bowed before walking away.

“Isn’t it always the boyfriend that does something during anniversaries?” Tiffany inquired.

I shrugged my shoulders. “I think I should just give back to him. He already gave me so much.”

“Okay…well, do you at least have an idea of what you’re going to do?” Tiffany questioned.

I shook my head. “My heart just beats erratically when I just think about it. I just end up not thinking of an idea.”

Fany hummed. “I can’t really say much. It’s different for everyone. Well, what do you want to do? Maybe we can get something out of that.”

Her question made me think. What do I want to do? To be honest, I didn’t have a clue as to what I wanted to do. I never really had an idea as to what my perfect anniversary date was. I never thought about it and now that it was really happening, I just couldn’t think of anything.

Tiffany saw me in deep thought and decided to help me out. “Think about a perfect day you would want with Kris.”

Just then, the food arrived and so did the drinks. With Tiffany eating, I just sipped on my juice through a straw. Running thoughts through my mind, I tried to figure everything out. Kris has done a lot for me and I want to return that love back to him somehow. How can I do that?

“Fany, what should I do?” I pouted, not having any idea pop into my head.

Putting down her fork, Tiffany looked at me. “Use your skills as a brand manager. I’m sure you’ll definitely find something. You always have creative ideas.” She wiped . “Just think about what you and Kris both like. You’ll get something from it. Maybe a picnic?” she suggested. “Party?”

I nodded my head, thinking about the possible ideas she has given me. Would Kris like a picnic? Maybe. Would Kris like a party? …No. He hates it when the boys make a mess. That’s when something else popped into my head.

“Fany!” I gasped. “What…What if Kris doesn’t know it’s our anniversary?”

Tiffany choked on her drink, coughing violently. Wiping her lips, she then gave me an unamused look. “Sica, I wouldn’t be here if he didn’t know. Instead, I would be where he is, beating him senseless. I’m pretty sure Kris would never forget.” She reassured.

“But…what if he forgot?” I inquired. “I called him earlier and he didn’t seem to realize anything. He seemed unaware…”

“Jung Sooyeon. If you’re just going to be sprouting your insecurity, I’m going to leave. I could’ve been spending lunch with Kai right now.” Tiffany gave me a stern look. “Kris would never forget. Don’t doubt that. If you want, I’ll ask Kai to find out for you.”

I shook my head getting rid of the stupid thoughts and replacing them with positive ones. Kris would never forget…he wouldn’t.

“It’s okay, thank you Fany.” I sighed. “But I don’t know what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter