Chapter 30

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Authors POV:

Kris pushed Min Jee away from him and spun his head towards a shock, tear streaked Jessica. His eyes widened. "Jess! It's not what it looks like! I swear!"

Min Jee smirked at Kris. "Don't act like you didn't like it."

Jessica's eyes widened even more. She couldn't process what was currently happening right now. No, it was more like she didn't want to process what was happening. Her teary eyes only glued onto Kris but it didn't make it any better seeing the red lipstick stain on his lips.

Min Jee glanced at the tension between the two and smiled deviously. It was going the way she wanted it to. She linked her arm through Kris's, not planning to move any minute from now.

"Aren't you going to leave? We were in the middle of something." Min Jee raised her eyebrows, expecting her to move.

"Stop," Kris sudden spoke. He removed Min Jee's arm away from him. "What are doing?!" he shouted at Min Jee.

Before he could tell her to get out, Min Jee forcefully pulled the collar of his shirt towards her and crashed her lips onto his again, this time, it was more aggressive.

Jessica's lips quivered at the sight. She couldn't take it anymore. Her heart just broke. The tears fell like waterfalls from her eyes, not planning to stop any time soon. Her only instinct was to run. Leave before anything else happens. She turned her heels and ran towards the door, bumping into Tao on the way.

"Noona!" Tao's happy smile only appeared for a second before a concerned look washed over his face when she ran out the door, wiping tears from her eyes. "What did Hyung do?!" his hands curled into fists and he stomped near the living room. His jaw dropped when he saw Min Jee pressing her face against his Hyung.

Kris pushed Min Jee off of him before shooting a livid expression at her. "Don't you dare touch me ever again." He said in a low threatening tone. "Don't think I'm so stupid. I will never fall for you again. Don't you ever show your shameful face to me again or I'm going to have to take extreme measures and punch that smirk off your face permanently." Kris's voice was dead serious. "Get you and your out of my apartment right now and don't you ever ing come back. Let me tell you one thing, you mess with Jessica, you mess with me and I'm not going to take it easy on you."

He made his bottom line clear as his voice deadpans. Everything that came out of his mouth was serious. He meant it all. He wasn't afraid to hurt a girl if it means it will protect Jessica.

Min Jee stared at Kris in shock. She was sure she had him in the palms of her hands but Kris was otherwise. "You've changed..." she muttered out, still keeping a daring eye contact with Kris.

Kris glared at her. "Get your sorry out of my apartment and don't you dare touch a single hair on Jessica or I'll have you beat with my own bare hands. I don't care if I get jailed, as long as you don't appear in front of us ever again."

To be truthful, Min Jee was frightened. Frightened by the Kris she just encountered. The changed, better and more improved Kris from when she had met him before. She couldn't help but see that he's changed so much. She was shocked at how Kris was willing to risk his life for his relationship with Jessica. For the first time in years, she felt horrible. Horrible for hurting such an innocent couple. She felt like a low life. How could she have been like this crazy mad woman all this time? She questioned herself and why she was doing this. For happiness? For satisfaction? What for? There's nothing to gain. You only lose. Jessica was right about her. Kris only pounded that information in her head just now.

Min Jee looked down at the floor in shame. She coughed. "I-I'm sorry." She whispered before grabbing her purse and quickly walking out of the apartment.

After hearing the door slam shut, Kris let out a big sigh before turning around and spotted Tao standing there, looking at him. Kris's eyes widened.

"Tao! Did you just see all of that?!" Kris stammered.

Tao innocently nodded. "Hyung..." tears rimmed his eyes. Kris expected the worst. Wushu Tao might even come out.

"That was so cool of you! You just told a girl off and she even realized what she did wrong and apologized!" Tao quickly ran over and squeezed his Hyung with a hug.

Kris sighed a relief and ruffled Tao's hair. "Tao, get off. Men don't cry and hug other men."

Tao immediately let go and stood up straight, wiping away the tears. He had always looked up to Kris and wanted to be just like him. Someone leader-like, strong and well spoken. "Yessir!" He tried smiling.

Kris gave him a smile. "Stay here and don't go into the kitchen!" He ordered as he walked towards the door.

"Hyung! Where are you going?!"

"My Aegi is crying and ran off somewhere. I have to find her and comfort her." Kris replied as he slipped on his shoes.

"Hyung!" Tao called him. "I think she went up the stairs!"

Kris smiled and nodded.

"Oh Hyung!" Tao called again. Kris looked back to see Tao pointing to his lips, gesturing that something was on it.

Kris's eyebrows furrowed before running his thumb across his lips. Some red lipstick came off on his thumb. He groaned before running into the bathroom and washed his mouth and lips. When he ran back out and received a thumbs up from Tao, he ran out the door and up the stairs.

Kris ran up to the upper floor. "Jessica~ Where are you?" He mumbled to himself. He then saw a man who just finished taking his garbage out to the waste shoot.

"Ahjusshi! Have you seen a girl this tall with blonde hair running up here?" Kris raised his hand up near his chin, to show the man Jessica's height.

The ahjusshi squinted his eyes for a moment before nodding. "Ah, yes! I saw her running up the stairs." the man pointed at the staircase. "She looked very sad."

Kris quickly bowed and ran up the stairs.

"Aigoo~ children and love these days. Full of drama~!" The ahjusshi commented before making his way back to his apartment.

Sprinting up the stairs, Kris found his way to the rooftop. The door was slightly opened. "Shes got to be here." he breathed before flinging the door open.

He slowly let the door close quietly behind him, not wanting Jessica to panic from his presence. Walking around trying to find her, Kris took big strides with soft footsteps. When he heard suppressed sniffling, he followed the noise to behind a large metal box.

A small wave of relief washed over him when Kris saw Jessica on the floor. He glad he found her but she was crying. Kris gave a small apologetic frown before sitting down beside her and wrapped her in his arms.

"Jess, I'm sorry." He spoke softly in her ear. "Please listen to me first."

Jessica lifted her head off her knees. Her tear stained face looked up at Kris in sadness. She nodded as she wip

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter