Chapter 46

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV:

 

Getting in the car, Kris wanted Jessica to sit in the front with him. Following orders, she did, as Mommy Wu sat in the back more than willingly. After angry Kris was revealed at the office, Jessica and Mommy Wu didn’t want to make him furious after he had finally calmed down. Thanks to Jessica’s comforting, Kris was back to regular gentle self – a little. He was still livid about the whole incident Jay had caused this afternoon.

Sliding into the passengers seat, Jessica smiled and buckled herself in. Being his protective self, Kris double-checked her seatbelt before starting the car. Mommy Wu smiled at her son’s actions from the backseat, seeing everything. Entwining his hand together with Jessica’s, Kris used his other hand to handle the steering wheel. The whole ride was silent, but they didn’t mind. Jessica would give Kris reassuring smiles when he glanced her way.

Reaching home, they shuffled out of the car and Jessica opened the door. Greeted by the smell of nice cooked food, Jessica smiled, knowing that Tiffany had gotten home first and started to make dinner. She wanted to race into the kitchen to see what her best friend had made, but didn’t when Kris held her hand, pulling her upstairs.

Plopping down onto the bed, Kris patted the spot next to him. Jessica quickly set herself down beside him. Hugging onto her, he closed his eyes and snuggled into her, wanting to rest and forget about the day, wanting to drift off to dreamland with Jessica.

Knowing exactly what he wanted without voicing it out, Jessica hugged onto him tightly and made herself comfortable. “Go sleep, Oppa.” She placed a sweet kiss on his lips before tucking her head under his chin. Closing her eyes as well, she drifted off along with Kris.

 

~~

 

Mommy Wu had helped Tiffany prepare dinner. Knowing about her ‘parent phobia’, Mommy Wu told Tiffany to view her as someone her age. It was affective, somewhat. Due to Mother Wu’s young looking face, it was easier, but Tiffany would freeze up sometimes when Mommy Wu would talk to her. After being reminded that she was someone her age, Tiffany would repeat it to herself and then her anxiousness would calm down. Helping her with her phobia only made Mommy Wu closer to Tiffany as well.

Dinner was ready and Mother Wu made her way upstairs to call them down to eat. Remembering that Kris came out of that one specific door this early afternoon, she made her way to that door, knocking before opening the door. Peeking her head in, she spotted Tao playing on his video games attentively. His eyes not leaving the screen, even when she walked in.

“Tao~! There you were! I haven’t seen you the whole day!” Mommy Wu smiled and hugged onto the panda, making his lose sight of the screen and lose his game.

Frowning, Tao folded his arms. “Mommy Wu! You made me lose my game!”

“Aigoo, Tao! Dinner’s ready! Go downstairs and eat!” she patted his cheek.

Tao shot up off the couch and raced downstairs at the mention of food being ready.

Mommy Wu smiled before realizing that Kris wasn’t in the room. She shrugged, deciding to find him after calling her ‘future daughter-in-law’ for dinner.

Knocking lightly on Jessica’s bedroom door, Mommy Wu gently opened the door and made herself in. Shuffling herself inside the neat bedroom, she smiled and walked up to the lump on the bed. Peeking over the bed sheets, she expected to see Jessica’s sleeping face, instead her eyes widened and she gave in a gasp. Seeing her son’s peaceful, resting face in Jessica’s bed had gotten her by surprise. Jessica started to move and she rolled to her other side, still snuggling up with Kris with her back as she held the hand of the arm that was around her waist.

Mommy Wu’s face softened in awe as she saw her son and Jessica sleeping serenely together. She thought it was cute and adorable. Wanting to capture the moment, she pulled out her phone and quietly snapped a photo of the two. She grinned to herself before tiptoeing herself out of the room, closing the door silently, letting them sleep. Knowing that her son’s habit of sleeping after he gets on a rampage, she knew it’ll only make him feel better in the end.

Making her way back downstairs, she giggled. “Omo~! Did you guys know?! Kris and Jessi are sleeping on the same bed together!” Her fangirl-like squeals came back.

Tao and Tiffany nodded as they concentrated on the food. “We were also shocked at first too.”

Gasping, Mommy Wu sat down beside them. “Do you know if they…did anything yet?” she looked at the two wide-eyed, full of interest.

“Kris moved into the same room with Jessica.” Tiffany informed.

“Oh not that!” Mommy Wu brushed her hand in the air. “Do you know if they…yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter