Chapter 84

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV:

 

The rain hit the pavement in pitter-patters heavily. Staring at the grey skies as the rain continuously falls, Tao sighed as he hid under the cover in the front of the door entrance of his school.

 

It was a Friday and he received a phone call from Kris, saying that he needed to attend a meeting and couldn’t make it in time to pick him up from school, therefore forcing Tao to get home by himself.

 

A frown inched it’s way onto Tao’s face as he continued to stare sadly at the pouring rain. He didn’t realize it was going to rain today, thus leaving his umbrella back at the house. Without a hood on his jacket, he was vulnerable to the weather.

 

It’s been ten minutes since he’s been standing under the cover and hastily decided to run home. The bus was running late anyways. Slipping his backpack off his shoulders, he lifted it up over his head to cover himself before running out of school grounds.

 

From time to time, he would hide under any type of roofing to dry off and rest for a moment before running off again. His arms started to give out and eventually, slipped his backpack back onto his shoulders and started running unsheltered. The rain hit the black haired boy continuously all over his body with force as he sprinted his way back home, careful not to slip on the sidewalk.

 

Finally reaching home, Tao quickly dusted the water off his clothing as much as possible, not wanting to leave a water trail when he walks in. Quickly making his way inside, he slipped off his shoes and called out to anyone who could’ve been home.

 

“I’m home~!” Tao exclaimed as he shut the door behind him.

 

“Oh, Tao! You’re home! You forgot your umbrella.” Tiffany peeked her head out of the kitchen to see a drenched Tao. “Oh my gosh, you’re drenched!” she quickly ran out to closely look at the soaked boy with concern.

 

Tao pouted, “I didn’t have a hood or anything. I had to run home in the rain too. Hyung was busy.”

 

“Why didn’t you call me? I could’ve picked you up.” Tiffany questioned, eying the floor that was being pooled with water from Tao’s clothing.

 

“I didn’t know Noona was home.” Tao frowned as he scratched his drenched hair. “I don’t like the rain. It makes me cold.” He shivered.

 

Hurriedly making him take off his jacket and backpack, Tiffany took them before ushering him upstairs to take a shower before he got sick. While she took care of the mess Tao made, the boy had run into the warm shower, recovering from the coldness of the freezing rain.

 

When he finished, he made his way down to the dining room to have dinner with Tiffany. Seeming that Kris and Jessica have not come back from work yet, they were left with each other’s company. It was not at the least awkward at all. When Tiffany and Tao would eat dinner together, they usually talked about their day, sparing no awkward silences at all, as they were just as close as Jessica was with Tao.

 

--

 

Making their way into the warm house, Kris and Jessica finally came home at nine o’clock. Both being hungry, they quickly made their way towards the dining room to see what was for dinner.

 

Appearing from the living room, Tiffany greeted them and helped the two by heating up dinner all over again.

 

“What happened today?” Fany wondered what had happened at the company today, as it was her day off.

 

“There was a meeting and things were going pretty well in the branding department.” Kris replied for Jessica as he grinned, looking through the fridge.

 

Tiffany laughed playfully. “Of course you would know.”

 

“Oppa wanders around our floor too much.” Jessica sighed as she got plates out of the cupboard.

 

“Hey, might as well see what’s happening in the branding department if I visit that floor every single day.” Kris shrugged before gulping down the cup of water in his hand.

 

“I’m sure you know about our department more than you know about yours.” Tiffany scoffed jokingly.

 

Kris frowned, “Kai keeps me up to date, as well as JinHee.”

 

“Oppa, just focus on your job instead of mine.” Jessica patted his arm with a smile before making her way into the dining room with two plates of food in hand.

 

Continuing to catch up on each other’s day, Tiffany took a seat beside Jessica on the dining table. “Tao actually ran home in the rain. He was drenched in water, not to mention he was shivering.”

 

Kris’s eyebrows arched up. “I thought he would’ve taken the bus home. I’ll check up on him later.” He sighed, hoping Tao wasn’t sick at all.

 

“Fany, how’d your day go?” Jessica changed the subject.

 

Just as Tiffany thought about it for a second, Kris chuckled before speaking.

 

“Let’s just say Kai was busy with his phone today. Texting non-stop during working hours. That’s a first for Kai.” Kris grinned before shoving a forkful of food into his mouth.

 

Tiffany frowned and stuck her tongue out at him. Before long, a sigh escaped her lips before she stretched in her seat. “You guys enjoy your dinner. I think I’m going to get to bed early today. Nights.” She scampered her way off after waving.

 

Leaving the couple alone to eat dinner, there was a short silence before the two glanced up at each other. Both grinned at each other, as they caught each other’s eyes by chance.

 

Handing a forkful of food up to his lips, Jessica offered to feed Kris. Eventually, Kris started to do the same. Feeding each other, they ended up as a couple with no hands and finished each other’s plates. Even without any words, the two exchanged a deep connection through actions and smiles.

 

Gathering all utensils and plates into the sink, the two looked at each other again.

 

“Left or right?” Jessica asked Kris, giving him a choice.

 

“Do I have to pick?” Kris leaned his forehead on hers, frowning.

 

“Hm, unless you’d like me to choose. That would mean the left for you.” Jessica smiled mischievously.

 

Placing a small kiss on her lips, Kris then turned her around and led her to the left side. “In that case, I’ll choose the right side.”

 

Jessica giggled, “As always.”

 

With that, the two started to wash the dishes together. Jessica scrubbing and washing the dishes while Kris rinsed the slippery, covered in soap, dishes thoroughly.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter