Chapter 41

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

3 weeks later…

 

 

Jessica’s POV:

 

Leaving my luggage in the living room, I ran up the stairs and into my bedroom, immediately dropping myself down onto my soft bed along with Ace. I didn’t even bother towing my luggage up the stairs and decided that I would do it tomorrow. It was heavier than it was before I went on the cruise because of all the shopping I did. Deciding to take a nice shower before bed, I grabbed some shorts and a tank top before running into the bathroom.

 

Kris’s POV:

 

Pushing my luggage and myself into the apartment complex elevator, it slowly rose up and I reached my floor. Tired from change of time zones we’ve been facing on the cruise, I trudged towards the door and pressed the pass-code onto the number pad and flung open the door. Throwing my luggage inside first, I then stepped in. Not even taking off my shoes yet, I already see my apartment trashed with all kinds of food wrappers, streamers, and unidentifiable items.

I slammed the door shut and leaned myself on it as I folded my arms. I took in calm breath, trying to control my anger. Ruffling my hair as I shut my eyes, I drew in a breath before speaking.

“Get your sorry lazy bums out here now.” My voice was demanding and stern. “I’m not playing games today.”

Eight male figures quietly tiptoed their way out and stood in a row, with apologetic faces.

“Living room. Now.” I gave each and everyone of them a glare before following behind them. “Don’t you dare try to run off. I’m dead tired right now and you how I am when I’m sleep deprived.”

I sat down on the couch and I eyed the eight awkward boys I grew up with that know me the best. “Who’s idea was it to throw a party in my apartment when I was gone?” I gave an obvious glare to Lay. He only squirmed under my stare and raised his hand slowly.

“Suho, aren’t you the oldest here? You couldn’t control them?” My eyebrows raised.

Suho lowered his head. “They used aeygo…” he gave a defeated sigh.

My eyes darted to someone else. “Baekhyun. Don’t you have somewhere to go? To pick up Taeyeon from work, perhaps?” I eyed the clock on the wall.

“A-Ah, yes Hyung. Thanks for reminding me.” Baekhyun replied whilst stuttering.

“Well I guess you’re going to have to be late.” I eyed down onto my living room carpet, which was deeply polluted with trash. “All of you guys are not stepping a foot outside my apartment until it’s shiny clean without a speck of dust. I suggest you guys work fast or else you won’t make it home before midnight.”

They all got my message and quickly scrambled around to clean up as I walked into my bedroom, which was surprisingly clean. Tao must’ve persuaded them to keep out, but that didn’t calm down my anger any lower. I shook my head and placed my luggage down onto the floor before grabbing a clean pair of clothes and headed into the shower.

 

Author’s POV:

 

After cleaning up, Jessica buried herself under her blanket, wanting to rest. Only a couple seconds flew by and she was already tossing and turning on her bed, feeling awkward and uncomfortable. She sat up on her bed and took in a deep breath before adjusting her pillow. Laying back down on it, she still felt uncomfortable. Something didn’t feel right, something was missing, someone was missing.

She realized that Kris was missing. He wasn’t there for her to lean on or snuggled into. His warm presence was gone and Jessica didn’t feel comfortable or warm enough. She doesn’t have any chest to lean onto and no calm breathing to listen to at night to drift asleep. There was no one to hug her while she slept. Pouting, Jessica grabbed her phone, contemplating whether or not she should call him.

On the other side, Kris was also shuffling around on his bed. He knew it wasn’t because of the noise the boys were making outside as they cleaned his apartment, but it was because he felt uncomfortable on his own bed as well. He would turn to his side and instinctively try and wrap his arm around Jessica’s waist but only felt the cold mattress, causing his eyes to shoot open every single time, thinking Jessica had left the bed but only to realize that they’re not living in the same cabin on the cruise anymore. Kris couldn’t sleep. His Jessica wasn’t there. There was no lovely, adoring peach scented head of hair he could snuggle his nose into and feel warmth.

He grabbed his phone instinctively, only to have it light up and vibrate, signaling a text message he had received. Pressing onto his phone screen, he smiled at the recipient. His one and only Jessica.

 

 

Oppa, are you sleeping?

No, what’s wrong?

I can’t sleep…

Aww, my Aegi can’t sleep. Should I get Tiffany to get you some milk?

Oppa! Stop making fun of me!

I can’t sleep either. I need my Aegi with me!

Oppa…I need my warm Oppa with me too! I’ve gotten used to your hugs…

Wait just a few minutes, your Oppa will be right there.

 

 

The two had gotten used to their presence being with them for three straight weeks and being separated only made them realize how much they needed each other.

Kris suddenly got off his bed and stuck some of his clothes and needs into his duffle bag before slinging it over his shoulders. He grabbed his car keys and phone as he made his way out of his room casually.

“Hyung, where are you going?” the boys asked with filled trash bags in their hands.

Kris eyed around his apartment and saw that they had a lot more to clean. “Away from here and somewhere with less noise. If my apartment isn’t clean when I come back, I’m coming after you guys. One by one.” He warned before slipping on his shoes and walking out the apartment.

 

Jessica smiled when she got his last text. She patiently waited for the doorbell to ring as she flipped through the channels on her television with no interest. Yawning, she decided to walk towards the stairs, passing by Tiffany’s closed bedroom door. Knowing that she was most likely sleeping, Jessica made her way down the stairs quietly. As soon as she reached the bottom of the stairs, the doorbell rang. Smiling immediately, Jessica quickly opened the door joyfully.

“Someone asked for their Oppa?” Kris teased as he saw Jessica standing in front of him.

“Oppa!” she called out and hugged onto him.

Kris chuckled at her adorable actions before making his way in with his duffle bag in his hands. “It’s quiet…where’s Tiffany?” he asked as he glanced around the dark house. It was around 10pm.

“Sleeping~” Jessica yawned as she shut the door. “Oh, Oppa! Can you help me with something?” she remembered before they made their way upstairs. “My luggage is in the living room. It’s too heavy for me to lift up the stairs.”

Agreeing, Kris swiftly picked her luggage up and over his shoulders easily. Slowly making their way up the stairs, Jessica held onto his duffle bag for him. Suddenly stopping, Jessica turned around and put her index over , signaling him to be quiet for the sake of Tiffany’s slumber. Kris nodded comprehendingly.

Kris walked behind Jessica calmly in the dark.  Turning the corner sharply, the luggage in Kris’s arm suddenly hit the other wall, causing a loud thump next to Tiffany’s bedroom door. Jessica looked back at him with wide eyes only to have the same look being reciprocated from Kris. The two blinked at each other for a second before breaking into smiles, trying their best to suppress their laughs.

Making it safely into Jessica’s room, the two settled down onto her bed after placing everything down and closing the door. The two broke out laughing with smiles present on their faces.

 Calming down, Jessica sighed. “We have work tomorrow...” A pout was present on her lips.

“Let’s sleep then.” Kris smiled as he pulled her into his arms closely as he wrapped the bedsheets around them. He wrapped his arms comfortably around her as she snuggled into his chest. “There’s the scent that I’ve been looking for…” he mumbled as he buried his nose onto her hair.

Jessica giggled, “It feels much more comfortable now. Thank you, Oppa~” she smiled before pecking his lips.

 

~~

 

The alarm clock sounded noisily, repeating the same ringing noise over and over again. Shuffling on the bed, Jessica and Kris wanted the noise to stop and return back into deep slumber. The clock kept ringing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter