Chapter 91

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV:

 

“I am so sorry,” Emily’s mother apologized once again. “I just don’t know what went through her head. She’s been moody ever since we arrived. Please tell Jessica we’re deeply sorry.”

 

Mommy Wu managed to give a small smile, “I’ll be sure to tell her.”

 

“You must’ve been very angry.” Emily’s mother’s face filled with an apologetic look. “I-I just don’t know what she was thinking!” she sounded angry yet frustrated. “I’ll just have to punish her when we get home. I’m so sorry.”

 

“It’s not your fault.” Mommy Wu’s lips formed a line. “I’m just worried about where Jessi might have ran off to.”

 

Emily’s mother gave her best friend another look of guilt. “Tell Kris that I’m very sorry too. Emily must’ve ruined the whole party.” She shook her head, ashamed of her own daughter.

 

Mommy Wu hung her head low. She was extremely furious at Emily’s uncalled for words. How could a child that she saw as her niece be so rude and impolite? Especially towards Jessica. Mommy Wu has developed a huge adoration for Jessica, as she already saw Jessica as her own daughter-in-law and seeing her so-called ‘niece’ provoke her daughter-in-law with such vicious, low words, infuriated her.

 

“Honey, we should apologize to them in person.” Emily’s father suggested, extremely apologetic as well.

 

Emily’s mother nodded her head, agreeing. After an intense lecture in the dining room with Emily, her parents decided to force her to stay in the car outside to prevent her from enraging any more people.

 

The house was empty with the exception of Mr. and Mrs. Wu and Emily’s parents. The children had left with their parents after the turmoil taken place in the dining room, which was understandable.

 

“Her words must’ve hurt Jessica a lot,” Father Wu finally spoke up. “They’ve been gone for so long.” He glanced at his watch, wondering where Kris and Jessica had run off to.

 

Emily’s mother shifted in her seat uncomfortably. It was her daughter’s entire fault that Jessica had stormed off. Emily’s mom gripped onto her husband’s hand, hoping that Jessica and Kris were okay and would come back soon so they could apologize to them.

 

Emily shifted in the backseat of the car, enraged that her parents yelled and lectured her for yelling at Jessica. Shaking her head, Emily guffawed at the thought of everyone in the house siding with Jessica. Emily did not feel the least bit sorry. In fact, she felt that Jessica deserved to be verbally abused. Kris is mine. Emily slammed her fist into the backseat with anger. She hated the fact that she’s been next to Kris for her practically her whole life and could never win Kris’s heart, but when Jessica walks in, she gets Kris with a snap of a finger. It’s not fair!

 

Her eyes wandered off to the car window, staring down the street. Emily manually unlocked the car and stepped out when she saw two familiar figures slowly walking closer and closer.

 

Emily swiftly paced her way up to Jessica and shoved her harshly. Jessica stumbled back about to fall, thankfully Kris immediately caught her.

 

Tears started to rim Jessica’s red puffy eyes again. Kris instantly noticed it and hugged onto her, comforting her again.

 

“No no no~” Kris expressed his worry. “It’s okay, I’m here. Don’t worry.” He kissed Jessica on the temple.

 

Anger flared in Emily’s eyes. “Kris! Stop comforting her!” she yanked on Kris’s shirt, pulling him off of Jessica unexpectedly.

 

Seeing Jessica’s face infuriated Emily even more. Her hand rose to slap Jessica in the face, wanting to hurt her physically after her verbal attacks. Emily’s hand was caught in mid-air, stopping her from hitting a vulnerable, wincing Jessica.

 

Kris gave Emily a hard glare, as he gripped on tight to her wrist. “What do you think you’re doing?” he questioned her with a growling voice.

 

“You don’t understand!” Emily shouted back at Kris, flinging her hand away from his grip. “You can’t even see it...” she frowned, murmuring angrily while looking into his eyes.

 

“Don’t understand?” Kris raised his eyebrows in disbelief. “I’m pretty sure you’re trying to assault my girlfriend! How do I not understand? I see it perfectly clear. You don’t like Jessica. Just stop trying to hurt her! You’ve proved your point loud and clear in the dining room.” Kris’s words were sharp.

 

Emily scoffed, “You still don’t even understand.” She shook her head, glaring at the whimpering Jessica.

 

“Just stop trying to hurt Jessica. Just stop it before I start doing things you might regret.” Kris exasperated.

 

“Me? Regret? What are you going to do?! Say that you hate me?! Push me away?!” Emily snapped. “You’ve made that clear for the past fifteen years!”

 

Kris stared at her, taking in every word Emily cried out.

 

“I’ve stayed with you for the longest time ever!” Emily pushed Kris, tears threatening to fall. “I’ve waited and waited and waited! Rejection after rejection, I still stuck with you! Don’t you feel any pain for me?!” she kept shoving Kris over and over again after each statement, tears rolling down her eyes. “I’ve loved you ever since we were little. Don’t you think it’s tiring for me to keep up with this stupid, pointless one-sided love?! I’ve faithfully waited for you, thinking you’d say yes one day! But why should I wait anymore?! It’s stupid! It’s stupid! It’s stupid!!” she pounded her fist on Kris’s chest.

 

Kris let himself be pushed, shoved and hit. He was emotionless, blank. He continued to let her hit him, letting her shout and yell in his face.

 

Emily breathed heavily, tears flowing out like waterfalls. Her eyes darted to Jessica, who was standing there witnessing the entire scene.

 

“You!” Emily pointed an accusing finger at Jessica. “It’s all because of you!! It’s all your fault!” she strode her way towards Jessica, shoving her harshly.

 

Jessica stumbled back, but did nothing to stop her. Emily kept pushing her back, each shove getting more and more forceful.

 

“Stop it,” Kris’s voice was soft, almost caring.

 

Kris tried to grip onto Emily’s arm, but failed, as she kept moving, shoving Jessica harder and harder. “Stop it.” Kris repeated again, trying to hold Emily back.

 

Forcefully, Kris grasped onto Emily’s arm, pulling her back away from Jessica and in front of him. “Stop it.” he repeated yet again, his voice still soft.

 

Emily’s teary eyes looked fiercely into Kris’s eyes. “You still choose her! Why?! Why her? Why not me?! What makes her so special?! What does she have that I don’t?! She do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter