Chapter 64

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV:

 

As Kris was helping Mr. Jung stuff Krystal’s luggages into the car, Jessica was hugging onto Krystal on the driveway.

They got back around an hour ago from lunch and now it was time for Krystal to leave. Jessica was going to miss her little sister so much. At this point, she just didn’t want to let go of Krystal. It’s been around thirty minutes as they were outside in the cold, but Jessica didn’t care that she didn’t have a jacket on. She wanted to make sure that she sees Krystal leave safely.

“Unnie~ I’m not leaving forever.” Krystal spoke up. “I can always visit. I’m not that far anyways.”

Jessica nodded her head. “Don’t get yourself in trouble either! Be good and behave! Visit often! The school isn’t that far from here, so you can always visit me. I’ll be sure to have snacks for you.”

Krystal smiled enthusiastically. “Got it!” the little Jung hugged onto Jessica. “I’ll miss you too, Unnie~ I’ll be sure to visit.” She spoke before letting go.

“They’re waiting for you.” Kris spoke as he nodded his head over at the black vehicle on the driveway with the Jung parents in the front seats, waiting patiently for Krystal.

Krystal frowned but reluctantly gave a nod. “Got it.” she mumbled lowly.

“Have a safe trip home, little one.” Kris chuckled as he bid Krystal goodbye.

“As odd as this might sound, I think I’m going to miss you too, old man.” Krystal smiled before hugging Kris.

Kris’s eyes widened as the little Jung’s actions were unexpected. His facial expression relaxed before ruffling Krystal’s hair. “I guess I’m going to miss you too, you little bickering kid.” He joked as Krystal let go of him.

“I’ll come visit often. Don’t think I’ll be leaving forever.” Krystal said with her arms crossed. “I definitely come back and totally defeat you in our fights!”

Kris just smiled. “I’ll look forward to it.”

Before Krystal walked towards the car, Jessica hugged onto her once more. Planting a kiss on Krystal’s cheek, Jessica gave her a smile. “Behave, dongsaeng!”

“Bye, Unnie!” Krystal waved as she opened the car door. “Bye Kris Oppa. Take care of Unnie for me!” She spoke politely before she giggled. She slid herself in and the car drove off.

Kris stood there with a stunned expression. “She actually spoke formally to me…” his voice was filled with surprise.

Jessica giggled, “Are you happy now?”

“Very happy.” Kris nodded his head. “Now that the house is much more quiet.” He added playfully.

A pout formed on Jessica’s lips and she hit him lightly. “Oppa!” she frowned.

Kris chuckled before he noticed that Jessica was just wearing a thin blouse outside. “Why didn’t you wear a jacket? It’s freezing out here.” he hugged onto her, wrapping his arms around her to warm up her cold body.

“I forgot.” Jessica simply replied. “I was too caught up with Soojung.” She sniffed, having a runny nose.

“You’re getting sick now.” Kris frowned as he led them back inside the house. “How long have you been standing out here without a jacket?”

Jessica bit her lip. “I’m sure it’s a runny nose. I have it all the time.” she shrugged it off and went to grab some medication.

Taking off his hooded sweater, Kris pulled it over Jessica, making her wear it. Hugging onto her from behind, Kris smiled before planting a kiss on her cheek.

“Thank you, Oppa.” Jessica smiled before popping a pill into and gulping it down with a glass of water. “I’m going to fine after this~” she reassured. “Jessica Jung doesn’t get sick that easily!” she giggled.

 

~~

 

Next morning came by in a flash and surprisingly, Kris woke up first. Glancing over at the clock, Kris’s eyes widened when he saw that it was almost noon. They were going to be late for work. Shifting himself back to Jessica, he realized that she didn’t wake up on time today, like she always did.

Shaking her gently, Kris turned her body to face him. “Jess, you need to wake up now. We’re going to be late.” He spoke up.

Normally, Jessica would open her eyes and get up from the bed, but today was different. She just kept her eyes closed and buried herself into his arms as she shook her head.

Kris’s eyebrows furrowed at her different actions. It was a workday, but Jessica wasn’t even enthusiastic to get off the bed, with was something that never happened.

Running his hand through her hair, he then brushed the stray hairs off Jessica’s face. Seeing her lightly pink flushed cheeks, running his finger lightly across her temple, he felt that she was extremely hot. He then noticed small beads of sweat forming on her hairline.

Sitting up immediately to get a better look, Kris was deeply concerned about Jessica. “Jess, are you okay? You have a fever, don’t you?” he hovered over her.

Jessica just squirmed around on the bed, unwilling to get up. She only whined and pulled the duvet closer to her.

Pressing his palm on her forehead, Kris felt her heating up. He heaved out a breath. “Jess, you have a fever. You got sick, didn’t you?” he quickly shuffled off the bed and down the stairs to see if there was any medicine in the kitchen cabinet.

Looking through the bottles of medication, Kris couldn’t find one for a fever. Knowing that he’d have to go out to buy some, he then grabbed the thermometer and a cup, filled it with cold water before making his way back upstairs to Jessica.

Waking Jessica up, he made her drink the water; hopefully it’ll cool her temperature down. Seeing her looking down and so vulnerable made him weary. He stuck the thermometer into before taking a seat beside her on the bed.

“Oppa~” she whispered with a pout. “My head hurts.” She sniffed, having a runny nose.

“You’re sick, Jess. You have a fever.” Kris held onto her as he looked at the temperature on the thermometer he just took out from . “110.4 degrees. That’s high.” Kris sighed as Jessica hugged onto him, burying her head into his neck.

Sud

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter