Chapter 95

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV:

 

Kris gawked at Jessica with eyes full of disbelief. It felt as if his world had crashed down on him. His Jessica does not remember him. Looking deep into her eyes, Kris found no traces of sarcasm in her deep brown orbs.

 

“Y-You don’t remember me?” Kris managed to sputter out.

 

Jessica gave him a hard look. She stared at him as if he was a stranger she has never met before. was zipped shut, not giving him an answer as she continued to examine him.

 

Kris was frozen in place. His girlfriend really does not remember him. His mouth went dry, not wanting to believe this reality. His beautiful Jessica was not smiling at him, but instead, staring at him as if he was a completely foreign person to her. His throat clogged, feeling as if he were to burst into inevitable tears for the third time in the same day.

 

Just days ago, he was holding onto her and kissing her affectionately and now he was completely forgotten by her. He probably won’t even have another chance to get to be as close to her like old times. Kris’s heart was breaking ever so slowly and painfully at this reality.

 

His jaw tightened as his facial expression turned vulnerable again. Jessica was pulling at his heartstrings again, this time even more agonizingly.

 

Jessica gauged his face, taking in every ounce of emotion that was shown in his eyes. She bit her lip. He looked as if he was going to break down in front of her just because she said that she couldn’t remember him.

 

A soft giggle came out of unintentionally at this depressing moment, as Jessica couldn’t help herself.  “Oppa, sorry.” She gave a cute grin.

 

Another stunned expression stuck onto Kris’s face. He stared blankly at the giggling Jessica for a moment before realization hit him.

 

“Jung Sooyeon, I hate you so much right now.” Kris exasperated as he strode towards her.

 

Immediately connecting their lips together, Kris met his lips with the soft pair of finally responsive lips of Jessica. Wrapping his arms around her, Kris had worried so much about losing her. Finally hearing Jessica laugh after stressful, excruciating days made all the painful emotions vanish.

 

Hearing her wince in pain, Kris pulled away in concern. He saw Jessica’s face scrunch up silently.

 

“Am I hurting you?” Kris’s eyes widened, letting go of her apologetically.

 

Jessica nodded her head sourly. Her body was feeling achingly sore and moving herself just required more pain and effort. She definitely couldn’t take any contact at the moment.

 

“Sorry,” Kris frowned, taking a seat by the bedside. “How are you feeling?”

 

“Painfully bruised,” Jessica replied wittily, making both of them chuckle.

 

Kris gazed at her nostalgically. “I missed you.” He spoke softly, placing another kiss on her cheek.

 

Jessica’s eyebrows scrunched up, “How long was I gone?”

 

“Hours,” Kris frowned. “But I still missed you a lot.” He entwined their hands together.

 

A silence appeared, as the couple stared lovingly at each other. Kris showered her with kisses and affection, as he wasn’t able to for what seemed like a long time. What was more important was that Jessica was finally responding to them and smiling happily. The two were enjoying their time together until Jessica hit an epiphany.

 

“Kris,” Jessica suddenly spoke up.

 

“Hm?” Kris looked up at her, giving her his fullest attention.

 

Jessica blinked confusingly, “Why am I in the hospital? And why am I bruised and in pain? Are we even in Korea right now?”

 

Kris was stunned on the spot. Jessica might’ve remembered him, but she doesn’t remember any recent events. Especially her fall and the heartbreaking moments she’s suffered from Emily. No wonder she didn’t push Kris away when she first saw him.

 

For a moment, Kris contemplated whether or not he should tell her. On one side, he wanted to tell her the truth, but on the latter half, he didn’t want Jessica to know. If he let her know, Jessica would only push him away again and might even leave him. He didn’t want to be selfish, but he didn’t want to be detested by Jessica either.

 

“I’ll explain everything later,” Kris decided. “You must be tired.”

 

Jessica pouted, “I’m not tired.”

 

Kris raised his eyebrows, “Hungry?”

 

Nodding, Jessica grinned shyly. She didn’t know why, but she was extremely famished. The doctor had told her that she was fine, but during the examination and tests, she was extremely confused for she did not know what was happening or where she even was. They had asked her simple questions like if she remembered her name and if she could feel her feet, etc. The typical questions were asked and she answered, but she had no idea what had happened to her.

 

When one of the nurses informed her that Kris was outside, Jessica nodded as she was filled with relief. She surely remembered Kris. Knowing that he was here, Jessica did not further want to question anything. She knew that if Kris was there, she was fine. Little did she know that she was missing the latest pieces of memory in her brain.

 

“I’ll get food for you. I’ll be right back,” Kris got up from his seat, pecked her lips and walked out of the room.

 

Jessica was about to tell him that he didn’t have to because there was an assist button located on the wall above the bed. The nurse told her to press it any time she needed help or aid, but since Kris had walked out of the room considerably fast, Jessica was unable to inform him.

 

Kris stepped out the room, making sure to the shut the door behind him. He needed to figure something out before he went back to Jessica with food. About to make his way down the hallway, he spotted the doctor that treated Jessica near the reception.

 

Jogging his way down, he caught up with the doctor. The doctor immediately recognized him and smiled, asking if there was anything wrong.

 

“There’s something about Jessica…” Kris started.

 

The doctor shifted in his posture and blinked with concern, “Is there something wrong?”

 

“She doesn’t remember what happened before she got into the hospital. She’s doesn’t even know why she’s here in China.” Kris informed, worried for Jessica. “The last thing she remembered was when she was back in Korea.”

 

“How long has she been here in China?” the doctor questioned, retrieving Jessica’s medical papers from the front desk as well.

 

“Three days.”

 

Flipping through the medical papers, the doctor scanned the tests and scans they’ve ran on Jessica. “Well, you did say that she fell down the stairs, correct?”

 

Kris nodded his head.

 

“It’s most likely that she hit her head quite hard on the stairs. Judging from the scans we took, she does not have any damaged or fractured tissues or bones at all. All her signs seemed normal and healthy. It’s safe to say that she didn’t forget everything.” The doctor showed Kris the x-rays and charts. “Considering that her trauma was only falling down stairs, she most likely is suffering from traumatic amnesia after a hard hit to her head. She fell into a coma after the accident, which is completely normal for this type of amnesia. There are not much severe consequences, since it was only stairs. The amnesia should only be temporary, but how long it’ll last depends on how hard she hit her head. She should recover quickly though.”

 

Bowing, Kris also thanked him as well. Now that he found that Jessica would be all right, a heavy weight was lifted off his shoulders. Bidding goodbye to the doctor, Kris went ahead to find some food for Jessica.

 

Gasping, the hiding figure turned around to hide from the passing Kris. Peeking around through their hood, they made sure Kris was out of sight before letting out a breath and flipping off their hood.

 

The lurking figure was none other than Emily.

 

Emily was carrying a bouquet of pink chrysanthemums while she was walking down the hall of the hospital until she saw Kris and quickly hid behind the corner. She didn’t want Kris to see her or else he might shun her out of the hospital building. Emily was secretly in the hospital for the purpose of visiting Jessica. She was extremely scared out of her wits when she witnessed Jessica fall down the stairs by her push. Waiting till it was almost midnight, Emily snuck out of her house and bought a bouquet of flowers in the lobby of the hospital, wanting to apologize to Jessica.

 

As Emily was hiding from Kris, she couldn’t help but hear the conversation Kris was having with the doctor. She heard everything. A small surge of guilt ran through her head, knowing that it was her fault that Jessica currently had amnesia.

 

Quickly running towards the reception desk, Emily asked for Jessica’s room. She had to be fast before Kris came back. Making her way towards Jessica’s designated room, Emily took in a deep breath before knocking and opening the door.

 

Walking in, Emily was met with a blinking bruised up Jessica.

 

“H-Hey…” Emily spoke awkwardly, still standing outside the door.

 

Jessica looked at Emily with a confused expression. “I’m sorry…but do I know you?” she asked. “I can’t really recall much right now…have I met you before?”

 

Emily lowered her head in shame, knowing it was her fault for causing Jessica to look so beaten up and clueless of her own memory. “C-Can I come in first?”

 

Looking at Emily with gauging eyes for a moment, Jessica then granted her access. “Sure.”

 

“I bought you flowers…” Emily spoke after closing the door and walking towards Jessica.

 

Flashing a smile, Jessica lightened up at the sight of the bright flowers. “Thank you, but can you place them on the table right there?” she glanced over at the small nightstand next to her hospital bed. “My body is really sore right now, so I feel uncomfortable moving.”

 

Emily stared in shock at Jessica’s bruises all over her body before quickly nodding. Placing the bouquet of flowers on the nightstand, Emily then took a seat next to the bedside.

 

“So what brings you here…” Jessica paused.

 

“Emily.” Emily finished her sentence.

 

“Emily,” Jessica grinned heartwarmingly. “Thank you for the flowers and for visiting.”

 

Emily found it difficult to breathe. Jessica was just as nice and generous as everyone said she was. Guilt swelled up and Emily just couldn’t believe she did such a horrible thing to Jessica. If only she actually took the chance to get to know Jessica first before making wrong accusations right away.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter