Chapter 44

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV:

 

The past few days flew by with battles. Kris and Jay would have feuds but being the better man, Kris would stay calm and collected, as Jay would explode every time he receives a stack of papers. Although Kris was sick of his attitude and his constant angry outbursts, he still put up with it, knowing that his training has not finished. Kris was giving him chances. Everyday, Kris would pile more and more papers on his desk to see how far he could go. He would eye Jay from his office as the days goes on and he noticed how lazier he has gotten day by day.

It was day five and Jay was ready to fly off the handle. There were papers piled from his desk to the floor. There was absolutely no time to procrastinate but he did so regardless. He would pull out his phone and start to text his friends. The time he would spend on his phone would lengthen every single day. He started forget all about his work trial and how important it was to him. He used his work time to relax.

Kris glanced at the time before getting up from his office chair. It was lunchtime and he wanted to spend it with Jessica. Walking out his office, he glanced over at Jay’s desk and saw that he was asleep, face buried down in his arms as he leaned over the paper blanketed desk.

Sighing, he walked over to JinHee. “Give him all the work for the rest of week, today.” Kris nodded his head over at Jay, who was still sleeping. “Tell him to finish it all within two days. He’s been procrastinating and lazy, make sure he gets the message that if he doesn't work, his chance of getting a job position here will be dropped.”

“But, what is he going to do after two days? There won’t be anymore work for him.” JinHee replied as she started to gather the papers he asked for.

“Don’t worry about it. I’ll give him something.” Kris replied.

JinHee gave him a look. “You’re planning to dump the project on him early, aren’t you?”

“Bingo~” Kris chimed before heading towards the elevators. "I'm going to lunch with Jess. I'll be back in an hour or so." he called out.

Making his way up to the twenty third floor quickly, Kris strode his way to Jessica’s office and smiled when he saw her barefooted, walking towards her bookshelf with a binder in her hands. Silently sliding himself into her office, he watched her tippy toe, struggling to place the binder onto the top shelf.

Jessica couldn’t reach and sank back down with a pout. She blew her bangs away from her forehead in disappointment. Stepping closer to the bookshelf, she stretched herself up, trying once more to slip the binder into the shelf. Whimpering as she could almost touch the ledge of the shelf with the binder, she took in a breath before sighing out in defeat after sinking down onto the floor again.

She frowned before a hand suddenly took away the binder in her hand, easily placing it onto the top shelf. Jessica eyed the hand closely as it moved onto her waist. She felt a familiar warmth encircle her and immediately knew who it was.

“Oppa! When did you get here?” she asked as she glanced back at him with a smile on her face.

“A minute ago, just in time to see your little height disadvantage.” Kris chuckled at her. “You’re too cute!”

Jessica walked her way towards her desk. “I would’ve been able to reach it if I had my shoes on! I just forgot that I took them off.” She grabbed her black pumps off the floor and slipped them on. “Is it lunch?”

Kris nodded as he casually wrapped his arms around her petite slim waist before giving her a happy smile.

“What do you want to eat, Oppa?” Jessica asked, facing him as she was holding onto his arms.

He tilted his head as he gazed at her, thinking of what he wanted at the moment. A smile appeared on his face before he attached his lips onto hers, tasting her sweet pink lips. “I’m craving these.” He chuckled before pressing his lips back onto hers.

Pulling away, Jessica looked at him with blinking eyes. “Kris, my lips aren’t food.” She giggled at him.

“I’m fully aware of that,” Kris pecked her lips. “But they’re sweet enough to be.” He gave her another peck. “The best part is…” he stopped mid-sentence to place a third one on her lips. “That I’m the only one who gets to taste them.” Kris smiled before giving her a final fourth lip lock; this time it was a full on kiss.

Jessica giggled at his repeated soft pecks and sweet words, leaving her smiling as he planted his lips on her fully.

 

~~

 

“I can’t believe your mom is coming back!” Jessica exclaimed happily as they finished removing the last box out of the extra bedroom on the first floor of the house.

It was almost nighttime and the two were busily cleaning out the extra bedroom in the house for Kris’s mom ever since they got off work. Being the man, Kris helped carry the boxes out of the room one by one as Jessica gave up on trying to help, as the boxes were ridiculously heavy. It also made her wonder how she and Tiffany managed to get them inside the room in the first place.

“I can’t believe it either.” Kris said as he put the box down outside the room. His tone was negative, making Jessica give him a look.

“Oppa, can’t you be happy that your mom is coming back? She’s arriving tomorrow morning!” Jessica put her hands on her hip.

Wearing a dull expression, Kris sighed. “She’s only here to take you away from me.”

“I thought we talked about this.” Her head tilted to the side with a pout.

“We did, but I still don’t like sharing.” Kris stated as a matter of fact as he leaned against the doorframe.

Smiling widely, Jessica let out a small laugh. “Oppa! You’re so cute!” she stepped closer to him and wanting to pinch his cheeks lightly.

Jerking his head back, Kris gave her a look. “I’m not cute. I’m manly and handsome.” He corrected her as he grabbed her hands, entwining them, preventing them from grabbing his face.

“Oppa! Do aeygo! I want to see it.” she looked up at him with anticipating wide eyes.

He furrowed his eyebrows. “I can’t do aeygo. What makes you think that?”

“If you’re words can be cute, why can’t you act cute?” she laughed at her nonsensical reasoning. “Bbuing Bbuing~” she did her aeygo as she put her fist to her cheek, waving it back and forth from her face. “Do it, Oppa!” she smiled at him, forgetting that aeygo was his weak spot and she had just made him awestruck.

Kris stared at her, captivated by her cuteness. “I’m not doing aeygo.” He restrained himself from giving in and returned his attention back to the box. “I’m not cute. I’m cool and good looking.”

She giggled, “Whatever Oppa thinks~” she gave him a peck on his lips before skipping her way to the storage closet to get a mop to clean the room.

Chuckling, Kris started to bring the boxes into the garage, where he was supposed to bring them in the first place.

After cleaning the room and placing new sheets over the bed, Jessica has finished prepping the room for Mommy Wu’s arrival tomorrow as Kris sat in the corner of the room on a chair, watching her the entire time.

“Let’s go sleep now.” Kris stretched as he stood up from the chair, yawning. “I’m tired.”

Jessica smiled in amusement. “You barely did anything!” she hit his chest softly as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter