Chapter 55

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV:

 

The alarm clock rang, signaling Kris to wake up for work. It was nine pm on a Saturday morning and Kris was needed in the office today for an important meeting this afternoon while Jessica and Tiffany had the day off.

Kris groaned and decided to ignore the clock, snuggling himself closer to Jessica. He failed to feel at peace as the alarm continuously rang in his ears, bothering him to an extent. He finally lifted himself up and slammed his hand on the clock, stopping the ringing. His hands were through his bed hair as he pried his eyes open, being greeted by the warm sun emitting through the balcony doors.

He looked to his left to see Jessica’s eyes closed, still holding onto hand as she snuggled herself under the sheets. He sighed, knowing he won’t be able to spend the day with her. Snaking his arms around her, he hugged onto her and closed his eyes as he snuggled into her neck. He took in her scent through his nose, breathing in deeply.

“Oppa, you’re being weird.” Jessica murmured, eyes still shut but a smile on her lips.

“Mhm~” Kris hummed. “I’ll miss this scent today.” He took in a final sniff before planting a peck on her neck.

He reluctantly lifted himself off of her and shuffled his way into the bathroom. Jessica cuddled herself in Kris’s leftover warmth under the sheets for a minute before she opened her eyes. She stretched herself before she hopped off the bed and walked downstairs.

Staring at the inside of the fridge, she pulled out a package of frozen waffles and stuck two inside the toaster oven. Turning on the stove, she placed a small pan on top before she grabbed a couple eggs out of the fridge. Waiting for a moment, she then poured a small round of oil on the pan before cracking the eggs on it. Hearing the sizzling sound, she then grabbed a pair of chopsticks and mixed the egg around before it could cook into a perfect round egg, breaking it into smaller pieces, the yolk spreading around as well. Repeating the process every thirty seconds, letting the small pieces cook bit by bit. The small toaster over dinged and Jessica smiled as she finished cooking her scrambled eggs at the same time. Turning off the stove, she then grabbed a plate and stacked the waffles on side of the plate. Taking the pan in one hand and chopsticks in the other, she pushed the scrambled eggs off the pan and onto the plate carefully. Placing the plate down on the granite counter, she grabbed some whip cream and syrup from the refrigerator. Shaking the whip cream container, she pressed down on the pump and swirled a small portion of cream onto the waffles. Skipping over to the other side of the kitchen, she opened the drawer for a fork and knife. Placing the utensils down on a clean napkin beside the plate of food, she had just finished preparing Kris’s breakfast just in time.

Kris suddenly walked into the kitchen in a dress shirt and black jeans, his usual and pretty casual work attire. He noticed the breakfast prepared for him on the counter. Looking up from the food, he spotted Jessica smiling at him as she walked over with a cup of coffee.

“You made me breakfast.” He smiled gratefully as he took a seat in front of the plate of breakfast.

Jessica smiled back and placed the cup of coffee next to the plate. “It’s not much though. It was pretty easy to make.”

He was touched, nevertheless. She actually got out of bed early in the morning just to make breakfast for him. Slipping onto the high chair next to him, Jessica watched him dig in with a smile on her face.

“Oppa, I thought you had a meeting today.” Jessica commented as she drank a sip of water from her cup.

“I do, why?” Kris mumbled as he handed a fork with a piece of waffle on it to Jessica. She shook her head, not wanting it.

“Why aren’t you wearing dress pants? I thought the meeting was important.” She eyed his usual black jeans. “They’re not going to have a good impression of you.”

Kris drank his coffee before he looked at her. “I can always impress with my presentation…and my looks.” He chuckled.

She scoffed with a giggle. “You should go now. You’re going to be late.” She warned as she glanced at the digital time on the stove.

He ate the remaining breakfast off the plate before taking one last sip of coffee as he slid off his seat. Jessica stopped him from moving and wiped his mouth with a napkin. Kris smiled at her gesture and pecked her lips when she was finished cleaning the small food scraps on his lips.

As soon as his lips landed on hers, he started to place multiple butterfly kisses on her pink lips, making her giggle as she smiled. She suddenly pulled away and jumped off her seat before pushing him toward the front door.

“You’re going to be late. Being late to an important meeting isn’t something a manager should be doing.” Jessica folded her arms as she watched him slip on his shoes and grab his blazer off the stair railing.

Kris chuckled at her, “Thank you for breakfast, Jess.” He opened the door and looked at her once more, hesitant to leave her. “You’re staying home today with Tiffany right?”

Jessica nodded and smiled. “Yes, now go or you’ll really be late.”

He huffed a breath before he gave her a full on kiss on the lips and his arms wrapped around her waist. “I’ll be back from work early if I can.” He rested his forehead on hers.

She smiled approvingly. Kris gave her one last peck before letting go and walking towards the car. Jessica stood by the door and waved him goodbye as he drove away. Shutting the door behind her, she quickly went back into the kitchen to wash the dishes and prepare another set of breakfast for Tiffany, Tao and her.

After she finished and placed three dishes of breakfast on the counter, she went upstairs to wake the two up. Knocking on Tao’s door, she asked for entry. She peeked her head in when he didn’t answer, seeing him still asleep. Recalling Kris’s techniques to wake Tao up, she decided that she’d definitely get Tao up this time.

“Tao~ Wake up~ I made breakfast downstairs.” She said aloud as she stood by his bedside.

Tao rolled on his bed before springing up into a sitting position. “Food?” he mumbled as he rubbed his eyes. “Breakfast~” he gave a sleepy smile.

“I made pancakes.” Jessica smiled at his cute sleepy actions.

“Thank you, Noona!” he smiled happily and opened his arms for a hug as he sat on the bed.

Jessica gave him a small hug before he got off the bed hurriedly. “The food is going to get cold soon!” Tao exclaimed as he ran into the bathroom.

She smiled at her success at getting the panda bear up. It was a good thing Kris had told her his techniques. Skipping her way over to Tiffany’s room, Jessica didn’t bother knocking and made her way in, closing the door behind her.

Tiffany was still lying in bed sleeping. Jessica sauntered her way and plopped herself down onto the bed. Hugging the motionless Tiffany, Jessica wanted to fall back asleep all of the sudden. Since Kris wasn’t with her, she had to make do with Tiffany. Jessica knew Tiffany wouldn’t mind.

Jessica tucked he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter