Chapter 31

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Black Font: Korean
Peach Font : Mandarin (#ff9966)
Blue/Teal Font: English (#0099cc)

 

Kris’s POV:

 

“Eomeonim! Annyeonghaseyo!” Jessica cutely blurted out. “Ah! Ani…Mrs. Wu! Annyeonghaseyo!” she quickly corrected herself and bowed.

I chuckled at her adorable actions.

Mom’s attention directed to Jessica who was still giving a 90 degree bow. “Omo! Are you Jessica?” she spoke in English.

“You have to speak English. My mom isn’t fluent in Korean.” I told Jessica.

Since my mother doesn’t know Korean, she’ll just have to make do with English when she talks to Jessica since Mandarin isn’t a language Jessica knows. *You learn so much from reading one’s records.* I smiled, glad that I went through Jessica’s records and found out all sorts of things about her.

Jessica quickly straightened up and patted her hair down. “Yes. I’m Jessica. Nice to meet you Mrs.Wu.” She smiled as she replied back in English before bowing again.

*Now that’s what her English sounds like…cute.*

“So you’re the Jessica!” Mother smiled.

Jessica tilted her head. “Did Kris tell you a lot about me?” she asked with raised eyebrows.

*Oh right…* I smirked before slinging my arm around Jessica’s shoulders.

“Of course he did! He wouldn’t go into details so I had Tao to give me some extra info.” Mother grinned. “I finally get to see you! You’re so pretty!” she cupped Jessica’s hand.

Jessica’s face flushed red. “Thank you.” She bowed again.

“Oh, you’re so polite! Come sit down. We can talk some more over dinner.” My mother pulled Jessica out of my arms and over to the dining table.

*Already getting attached…* I sighed before making my way over next to Jessica.

Just as I sat down, Jessica got up from her seat and shuffled into the kitchen after my mom. “Mrs. Wu! I can help too!” she offered.

I sighed and plopped myself down onto the table. “Taking my Jessica away from me~” I groaned. My head suddenly shot up and looked towards the kitchen. *I should keep an eye on them…they might be talking about me.*

Watching them as I sat myself down at the island counter, I found myself gazing at my Jessica who was gracefully chopping up some veggies. Mom would always in and tell her that she didn’t have to but she still insisted as she started to handle other foods. Mom eventually gave in and started to have fun conversing with each other.

Tao started poking me. “Why is mommy Wu here?” he asked curiously, stuffing his face with rice my mom gave him.

I shrugged my shoulders. “Surprise visit. I guess.” I grabbed a napkin and handed it to him. “Wipe your mouth.”

When mom went into the dining table to set up the table, I made my way towards Jessica and peeked over to see what she was doing while I wrapped my arms around her waist.

“What is it that you need, Oppa?” She smiled as she continued to stir the pot of soup.

I sniffed the soup. “It smells good.” Jessica nodded as she tried some of it with a spoon. She scooped some more and turned around to let me taste it as well. “Here Oppa, ahh~” she held the spoon closer to my lips.

I opened my mouth as she put the spoon in gently. “Careful, it’s hot.” she said before pulling the spoon out of my mouth. She looked at me, waiting for a response.

“It’s okay…not as sweet as these though.” I quickly pecked her lips.

A smile appeared on her face as she looked at me.

“Ahem~” my mom pretended to cough as she walked back into the kitchen, eying us.

Jessica’s face flushed red and an embarrassed smile played on her lips. She quickly turned around and looked at the soup.

 

~~

 

Sitting at the dining table, I sat next to Jessica, with my mom in front of me and Tao next to her. I was eating comfortably until mother kept commenting or asking Jessica something. Questions flying from here and there, comments about me were told too. Jessica couldn’t eat in peace. She looked too caught up in answering my mom that her bowl of rice was practically untouched.

“Mom! Let her eat! She didn’t even touch her food!” I spoke in mandarin. Jessica looked confused.

“Watch your tone. I haven’t seen you in so long and you’re already so attached to your girlfriend!” She grinned as she responded back in mandarin.

Tao laughed out loud. “It’s true! It’s true! He’s very attached! But it’s okay! Jessica jie jie is the best!” speaking in mandarin, he also joined their conversation.

Jessica heard her name in the middle of Tao’s sentence and glanced at the three of us with lost eyes. She couldn’t understand. I gave her a reassuring smile, telling her we weren’t saying anything bad.

“Mom! You’re so caught up in knowing all about her that she can’t even eat! Look at her bowl! Nothing moved! You didn’t even pay attention to your own son ever since you saw her.” I spoke in a calm tone.

“But I know my son is doing fine. I want to know more about his beautiful girlfriend~” Mom smiled before picking up some side dishes and putting it in Jessica’s bowl, gesturing her to eat up.

Jessica smiled and thanked her before she finally got to put some food into .

“Plus, I think she’s very suitable. Pretty, nice, intelligent, and she can cook! I like her already.” mom gave a happy smile. “It’s so cute how you guys work in the same building too! I already know you two are head over heels for each other!” She clasped her hands together. “My son found my perfect daughter-in-law~”

“Wooooooaah~!” Tao’s mouth dropped. “Mommy Wu likes Jessica jie jie!”

Jessica’s head shot up when she heard Tao say her name again. She pouted as we continued our mandarin conversation and resumed eating quietly.

My eyes widened. “We just started dating a while ago! You’re going a bit ahead of yourself mom. You’ll get your daughter-in-law soon enough one day…”

Mom clasped her hands again. This time with happiness as a huge smile appeared on her face. “My son is actually considering on marrying her?!” She looked at me with anticipation.

I looked back at her. “You’re rushing mom.” I stated before eating.

“I’m getting old. I want to see a grandchild before I die!”

The side dishes I picked up fell off my chopstick when I heard her comment. “Mom!” I stared at her wide eyed.

Tao spat out his food, choking uncontrollably. Jessica gasped and handed him a cup of water before getting up to pat his back. “Are you okay?” She asked worriedly.

“Oh! She has mother-like actions too! She can definitely take care of your child! You two can definitely make beautiful children together! She’s so pretty! My son is also handsome too!” Mom smiled as if she won a golden prize.

“Stop talking about it mom! We haven’t even taken things that far…” I mumbled as I felt embarrassed. “Let’s drop the topic.” I picked up my chopsticks.

Mom gasped loudly and grabbed my hand. “I-Is this a couple ring?” She asked curiously before looking at Jessica, trying to find her hand as well. She saw the silver metal around her ring finger as well and quickly held Jessica’s hand. “It is a couple ring!” She happily shifted herself in h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter