Chapter 58

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV:

 

Casually leading the two Jung’s to the dean’s office in the building, Kris held onto Jessica’s hand contentedly, as Krystal shuffled behind.

“Oh my gosh!” Krystal suddenly exclaimed in English. “Look at these!” she pointed to a vending machine. “I haven’t seen these in forever! They’re so much better here than in America! Unnie! Do you have enough? I want a banana milk!”

Jessica giggled at her cute expressions before taking out her wallet. Handing her a couple coins, Krystal happily slid them into the coin slot before pressing on the button that was under the picture of a banana milk carton. A small rumble was made and a yellow carton of banana milk fell down into the small compartment. Krystal pushed the plastic cover in and used her other hand to grab the banana milk out. Seeing that there wasn’t a straw, Krystal just peeled the thin foil off of the top of the plastic container and sipped on it.

“I haven’t had this in long~” Krystal hummed in contentment as she sipped more of the milk.

Kris chuckled, “She’s just like you, Jess. You both like banana milk.”

Jessica nodded with a smile. “She copied me a lot when we were younger. We used to drink banana milk together all the time.”

“I can see that. Two little Jessica’s sitting and drinking banana milk.” Kris snickered, teasingly as he continued to walk down the hall, leading them towards the dean’s office. “We’re here.”

The three stepped in and we greeted by a teacher’s office. Walking towards a small secretary desk, Kris stood in front of the middle-aged woman who was sitting at the desk, typing some on a keyboard.

“We’re here to meet the dean. Last name is Jung.” Kris said, sounding as if he came here every single day.

The woman glanced down and flipped through a list. “Jung…you may head in now. The dean just headed off to the restroom, he’ll back right back. Just take a seat and he’ll be right with you.”

Bowing, the three made their way into the dean’s office and took a seat in front of the table, which was the dean’s. Sitting around, Krystal looked around the room with interest as she sipped on the banana milk.

“I hope the dean is nice.” Krystal murmured.

“He’s a very jolly man.” Kris spoke up. “Sometimes too jolly. It gets a bit scary sometimes.” He laughed. “He gets along with Tao though. Every time we have meetings, the dean and Tao sometimes have laugh at inside jokes.”

Before Krystal could ask anything, a bald middle-aged man walked into the room with a huge smile on his face. “Hello! You must be Jung Soojung!” he shook Krystal’s hand immediately before standing in behind his desk.

Jessica bowed, “Hello, I’m Jessica Jung.” She smiled happily.

“Ah~” The dean smiled. “And you must be…Soojung’s parents?” the dean glanced at Jessica and Kris with a grin on his face.

Krystal choked on her milk and started to laugh uncontrollably. “OH...HAHA! Oh my gosh! AHAHA!” she placed her drink down on the dean’s table before clenching on her stomach, as it was hurting from laughter.

Kris started to snicker as he saw Jessica’s priceless expression.

Jessica had a wide-eyed, shocked expression on her face. Did she look that old? “No…I-I’m actually…”

“Her sister.” The dean chuckled. “I know. You’re parents actually called and told me how you were going to be here in place of them. I apologize if my joke went too far. You look very young Jessica-sshi.” He gave a soft smile.

 Jessica nodded and gave out a small laugh. The dean did seem very jolly and very easy to talk to. He was very nice and welcoming as well.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you. I’m Kim Seungho.” The dean introduced himself as he shook Jessica’s hand before they all took a seat.

“Nice to meet you as well, Mr. Kim.” Jessica smiled, becoming much more comfortable with the dean’s playful personality.

Mr. Kim took a glance at both Jessica and Kris before he spoke up. “Kris, what brings you here today? I don’t recall having my secretary call you in. Tao hasn’t been causing any trouble lately.” He chuckled.

Kris smiled, “I’m actually here to help Jessica enroll Krystal.”

“Oh.” Mr. Kim raised his eyebrows. “Will you be her guardian for school matters as well?”

Kris’s eyes widened in shock as Krystal nearly spat out her drink again in laughter.

“No! I’m just here to help Jessica.” Kris rubbed the back of his neck. “She’s my girlfriend.”

“Oh~” Mr. Kim gave an understanding smile this time and glanced at the reddened Jessica. “I see.” He gave a chuckle. “Well, let’s start the interview, shall we?”

As the meeting went on, Jessica had given the dean all of Krystal’s school records from her previous school as they had small talk, regarding Krystal. Having all the information that he needed, Mr. Kim started to look through them, seeing if Krystal’s school participation, education and grades, match the school’s standards. Seeing that all is well, Mr. Kim smiled and immediately let Krystal join. After filling out papers, Jessica had finished by placing her signature on the bottom of the last page. Mr. Kim was nice enough to let Krystal start school in the middle of the week, giving her a few days to have her fun and get prepare for school.

 

~~

 

It was almost dinnertime and Jessica was shuffling in the kitchen, preparing dinner for the three of them. Kris sat on the counter silently as he nibbled on the sweets and candies that Jessica had brought home. Searching through the leftover grocery bags, he wanted to see what else Jessica had bought before they came home.

“Why did you buy so much candy and snacks?” Kris questioned as he raised a full bag with all kinds of junk food in it.

Jessica turned around and glanced at the bag. “Krystal likes them. She hates it when there are no snacks at home. She always tries to search for food. It was always a habit of hers.”

Kris nodded before looking through the snacks. Rummaging his hand through the bag, he noticed a pack of chocolate covered pocky sticks. An idea appeared in his head and he quickly grabbed it and ripped the box open, revealing the silver plastic wrapper inside. Throwing the box away, he tore open the wrapper, exposing the chocolate pocky sticks. Grabbing one of the sticks out, he then placed it between his lips, lightly biting on it, careful not to chew it off. Shuffling his way towards Jessica, who was chopping up vegetables on the cutting board, he held onto her hand to stop her. Slipping the knife out of her hands, Jessica looked up at Kris in confusion. Wrapping his arms around her waist, Kris made her face him. As she held onto his arms, Jessica looked up at him questioningly.

“What’s wrong, Oppa?” Jessica asked as she looked into his eyes.

Kris only smiled and nudged his head forward, looking down on the pocky stick that was hanging out of his mouth. He was gesturing her to bite on the pocky.

A smile appeared on Jessica’s face when she figured out what he was trying to say. Obediently biting down on the other side of the pocky stick, Jessica looked up at Kris with a happy expression.

Giving one final look, Kris then started to chew on the thin chocolate covered bread stick, advancing forward, closer to Jessica’s lips with every bite. On the other side, Jessica only nibbled on the stick slowly, wanting to . Kris noticed her slow actions and decided to take the last remaining part of the sweet snack into his mouth before attaching his lips onto Jessica’s.

Swallowing the snack in his mouth, he then started to nibble on her lips, wanting access. Suddenly parting her lips for air, Jessica was surprised that Kris slipped his tongue inside . He was exploring her cavern with his tongue, brushing against her tongue. She smiled, as she tasted the chocolate from the sweet that they had just shared. Kris pulled her even closer, merging their lips even closer if possible, as he kept his passionate lip locking.

Shuffling into the kitchen unknowingly, Krystal minded her business until she saw the scene. She gasped and stumbled back, surprised by the scene. She was expecting to see dinner prepared, but instead saw her sister and her boyfriend displaying their affections again, this time much more passionately.

Jessica heard sounds of movement and pulled away from Kris. Looking around the kitchen, she spotted a wide-eyed Soojung standing at the doorway with her jaw dropped.

Kris was only startled by Jessica’s actions and wondered why she had pulled away. Following her eyes, he then finally spotted Krystal. He cleared his throat awkwardly and looked out the kitchen window.

“S-Sorry for interrupting! I just thought dinner was ready!” Krystal held up her arms in defense. “I was never here! I didn’t see anything! You guys can just continue whatever you guys were doing! Just call me when dinner is ready!” she exclaimed quickly before running back into her room. She felt embarrassed and apologetic for seeing and ruining their moment.

Hearing Krystal run off, Kris glanced back into the kitchen and noticed that they were alone again. Reaching over for the pocky sticks, he grabbed another one and stuck it in his mouth. Jessica noticed his actions and crinkled her eyebrows. When Kris nudged the pocky stick against her lips, Jessica pulled back and shook her head.

“Jess, just bite it. We’re doing it again. We were interrupted.” Kris frowned, wanting to taste her lips again with the help of a sweet snack.

“I have to make dinner. Soojungie is already hungry.” Jessica slid her way out of his arms and made her way back to the cutting board.

Kris frowned and pursed his lips. He followed her wherever she went in the kitchen, persistent for another try. “Just one more time, Jess. Just bite it.” he leaned against the counter, staring at her as she looked through the fridge.

Jessica looked at him and blinked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter