Picture of You

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I excuse for any grammar errors. 

It's not yet fully edited. keke.

 

 

I won't let go, because you give me reason to hold on to.

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae's POV

 

I wasn’t mistaken. Yoong was once again in his usual place, alone. His hair was messy as if he just woke up. The scarf in his neck that usually can see wrapped around his neck was losing in his table. A pair of fast food snacks was in his table with books being placed on his left. His thick varsity jacket along with his winter coat was all white in which matches his black shirt inside. Typical Yoong I always see in terms with fashion, but not the typical brother I usually greeted with a bright mood. Yes. He seemed not in his mood as I took my place across him.

 

He sighs once he saw me poking him.

 

 

“Got a lot to finish?”  I asked and he nodded not leaving his focus to the papers in his grasp.

 

 

I understand it very well because there will be an exam before the winter break 

 

 

"I'm having a hard time." He suddenly spoke in a low voice.

 

 

"Hard time? Am I hearing you?" I asked out of disbelieve. He isn't like this if he actually studies. But seems today isn't his day as I could see some stress in his shoulders. What could be?

 

 

"It's not all the time I am good with everything Hyung." He said and then stood to walk shelf by shelf in the library. I was worried for some unknown reason and so I followed him behind.

 

 

"What do you mean? Does this something to relate with your girlfriend again?" I asked, somehow thinking that it might be Seohyun once again. I remember he shared some suspicious towards his girlfriend. It could be mean that he is worried with his girlfriend? And this causes his stress?

 

 

"No. I understand her decision. It's another thing, except for these exams." He said in a slight sigh.

 

 

I nodded as an understanding. "Okay, so... mind sharing it?" Once again I was in my curiosity and I stopped him from taking a book away from his grasp. He looks at me blankly but grabbed back the book and flipped the pages then showed me a picture in the book. 

 

 

"What about this?" I asked, looking at the book. He was sharing me Italy’s Picture?

 

 

"Remember when you mentioned to me for any gift I can give for her?"

 

 

"Yes." I simply answered.

 

 

He had his little smile in the picture before he stared at me, saying "I am planning to go back to Italy, with her... and give her my gift." I can see some excitements but quite a stress one.

 

 

"Are you sure?" I want to confirm, probably because I know it'll be difficult for him to do this plan.

 

 

He took a heavy exhale before I heard his response. "Not actually. I don't know how to... do this… knowing that mom won’t surely allow me. Well, apart from this, money is part of my problem. I don't have enough money for this." He said before he started to leave the library as I followed him.

 

 

"So what's your plan?"

 

 

"I don’t know yet." He pouted.

 

 

I thought for a moment, before I could recommend him something. "Hmm… I suggest you Work? You can earn money by doing it. I think I can recommend you on one of my friend here." I said as I thought of any work for him. 

 

 

Before we could entirely went out, Yoong surprised me with a bright smile as he stops us. "Chincha? Oh! Umm... truthfully, I would like to try singing once again. Do you happen to have a friend that is running a restaurant? I could be a singer Hyung." Ugh, I don’t think he had nothing in his mind. That bright smile tells me that he is just waiting for me to offer something. Oh well, I’m after all his friend. And I like to help him in every possible way.

 

 

"Hmm... let's se... tch, I think I don't have any friends who had some restaurant Yoong. But... I can help you finding it. There are a lot of restaurants around the University; we can try them one by one." I suggested and he thought for a moment.

 

 

"I see... Hmm... Okay! Let's go outside later?" he was certainly on the go for this.

 

 

"Well, I don't have class anymore this afternoon."

 

 

"Cool. I'll see you later." He said and hurriedly left me for yet another class and exams he is facing today. I smile a little in proud at his disappearing figure away from me.

 

I could totally see his desire to have a happy ending of his journey right now. He isn't as type of guys out there who would only go with the flow as season changes. He is the type of the guy who is willing to risk everything just for his happiness. I was honestly impressed of this determination. The happiness and love he wanted for his life is truly an amazing journey for him. Once a weak man, now a strong man. I hope to see him succeeding to everything he does for him and for his girlfriend. To pursue happiness, you should take effort-whatever it is. 

 

 

"I am so proud of you... Im Yoong."

 

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

 

Normal POV

 

 

Climbing upstairs from left to right, a doe-eyed guy was seen holding his two books and a bag pack in his grasp. As he passes by every familiar faces, a smile in proud was all over his face.

 

Once he arrived finally at his next subject, he scans the room for a moment to confirm that the room isn’t full yet; he settles himself in the corner where he could view the football white field over the window in his side. He then brought his laptop out and stared over the window firstly while waiting for his device to open.

 

 

Once the desktop shows, a smile had once again appeared across his face as an adorable girl greeted her with a pout in his wallpaper. Before he could actually be mesmerized by the gorgeous wallpaper, he began to do his work.

 

It last for about 15 minutes for him to finish his revisions and a little review before he rested his two hands for a break.

 

 

“I have 30 minutes left before class starts.” He said with a yawn. The room is filled with students already doing their own thing.

 

 

 Thinking of relaxation, he didn’t waste time and pulled his phone out, calling for his girlfriend.

 

 

------------------------------------------------

 

 

Ten or 20 minutes? Seohyun doesn’t even remember how long she has been waiting for Yoojin’s call. Earlier on, she received another call from her doctor, telling her the address of the hospital and Yoojin will call herself back. But the latter isn’t calling her back; somehow give her a little worried. What if Yoojin went to the University without her conscious? She can’t let that happen yet. But as the doctor says…

 

 

Yoojin is in the hospital taking her therapy.

 

 

She should not be worry.

 

 

“I thought she’ll call me? Or did she forgot?” with a heavy sigh, she wanders around the city through the window car. Luckily and the weather has gotten good now, compared to last night. The city was entirely filled with heavy snow, keeping it hard for her driver to have an easy access to the road. It’s even that slippery, much to her concern.

 

 

“Miss Seo, I think this will take time.” Her drive announces, as they stopped at the traffic ahead them.

 

 

Seohyun exasperatedly took a glance at her watch, Its 9 sharp which she pouted. The meeting with Mrs. Im will be later lunch, means she needs to be there before lunch. She promised Yoong to be with him to prepare for it, so she badly wants to finish this appointment with Yoojin before lunch period.  

 

 

“What time is your appointment with her doctor?” asked the driver.

 

 

“At 10. It’s Okay Ahjussi, I’ll wait.” She definitely love waiting patiently recently.

 

 

“It’s not that emergency, you say?”

 

 

“Yup. Just checking on her, then I’ll be back.” informed her.

 

 

“I see… I thought you’ll spend more time with her.”

 

 

“No. It’ll be tonight, as what my schedule says.”

 

 

“That’s good. You can still have good times with the young master.”

 

 

The younger slightly show a sweet smile at the comment and a little blush hearing that even Yoong’s driver knows her situation. She looked away, and stared out over the window as soon as the driver meets her eyes. The older driver is a bit teasing her off in a good way though.

 

 

“I can see some sparkle. You young generations these days.” Came a giggle from her driver. She didn’t replied and instead focuses her sight outside the street. She was mesmerized by the old fashion houses across her, keeping her eyes outside.

 

 

“To tell you honestly, Miss Seo? I really like you for our young master. Mrs. Im was only the problem, isn’t it? Glad that she already changes her mind... even though I don’t know how long... this will to take.”

 

 

Seohyun finally stared back at the driver hearing such words from Yoong’s driver, saying. “Maybe things happen with its purpose... “

 

 

“What do you mean Miss Seo?”

 

 

Surely, the driver doesn’t know a thing.

 

 Seohyun shrugs the questioning eyes from the driver, gazing back outside with a deep thought. Out of a sudden, she feels heavy in her heart for bringing the topic. Hurt to remind herself, she shouldn’t let every single detail out —at least not yet.

 

 

“Miss Seo?”

 

 

“Miss Seo!”

 

 

“Yah! Miss Seo!”

 

 

Seohyun slightly jerked of the sudden call, narrowing her two eyebrows towards the driver. “Mister?”

 

 

“Uh… your-your… phone is I think vibrating inside your pocket.” The driver informed, causing her to promptly pat her pocket which she confirms with a little apologize to her driver.

 

 

Bringing her phone out, she smiled and literally answers the call enthusiastically. “Babyyyy~”

 

 

[“Whoa~ whoa~ there. Someone is so alive to hear me?”]

 

 

“I am not. Just happy to hear your voice.” she answered happily. Her driver in the side was enjoying watching her from behind that he even comfortably leaned her back to her seat.

 

 

[“Aww… do you know I know when will are you happy?”]

 

 

“Eh? Really?” Seohyun’s eyes went brighter than earlier on.

 

 

[“Every time you hear me, or you… see me?”]

 

 

“Nope, you are wrong.” she giggles.

 

 

[“Wrong?”]

 

 

“Yup! Do you want to know when?”

 

 

[“Hmm… No.”]

 

 

“Yah! Yoongie~!!!” She whines.

 

 

“Haha! You know I always like to hear. Spill it!”]

 

 

“Hmm… “ She brought her phone closer to before she could actually whispers. “I am happy every time I remind myself that you are mine.” She blushes eventually.

 

 

[Uh… so… I was wrong.]

 

 

“Ne? are you—“

 

 

[Yaaaah!!!!]

 

 

“Are you whining? Or crying?” Seohyun’s mood got even brighter hearing Yoong’s loud voice over the phone setting aside worries once again. She could sense how it really affects her boyfriend, just only for a reason.

 

 

[Both.]

 

 

Seohyun’s smiles can’t be place. Her mood is even brighter now. Her heart that was recently in the midst of aching suddenly lightens up. How much she really wanted this right now. “Silly!“ grinning she bit her lips a little, feeling giddy inside.

 

 

[Yes… If I can just shout it out loudly, I gladly want do it!!!]

 

 

She blushes so hard. Just how many times will they give their selves such words? She can’t tell. Just the thought of him being so sweet makes her cringe. “Kya! Now I realize I’ve been so influence by you.” She informed.

 

 

[Hehe… I’m proud. Just wait and see, in time, you and me will have the same face. ]

 

 

“ Ewww… I don’t want. I would gladly be like Yur Sunbae.” She mumbles.

 

 

[Yah! How can you cheat on me so easily?!]

 

 

“Because I don’t like deers, I always like—“

 

 

[Then who was Yoonghyun to you, eh? I thought you bought Yoonghyun because you remind him of me?]

 

 


“Yah! for your information, Yoonghyun is a fox. Little fox baby~.” She corrected, enjoying every words from her boyfriend. it feel so fresh suddenly, which she really likes.

 

 

[Aish!]

 

 

“Childish.”

 

 

[Who?]

 

 

“This person I am talking to.”

 

 

[Hmph.]

 

 

“Ara-ara… I was just kidding. But it was the truth though. My boyfriend is the most childish person I’ve ever known.”

 

 

 

[But in a good way.] came Yoong’s giggles.

 

 

“Ugh, you really consider yourself as a good influence, aren’t you?”

 

 

[You say it.]

 

 

“Aish! I want to kill you sometimes, do you know that?” Seohyun hissed.

 

 

[And why?]

 

 

“You response to me a little sometimes.”

 

 

[Oh?]

 

 

“… “

 

 

[Hehe… ]

 

 

“…”

 

 

[Sorry… ]

 

 

“…”

 

 

[Yah!]

 

 

“…”

 

 

[Hmm… ]

 

 

“…”

 

 

[Boom! 30 minutes is over. I’ll call you later. Bye~]

 

 

“Oh wait! Yoong!”

 

 

[What?]

 

 

“Aigoo… you want to say something before you end the call?”

 

 

[Oh! I want to remind you by the way for later. Do comeback on time, Okay? I need your help here…]

 

 

“You’re talking about the—“

 

 

[I love You, Bye baby see you later~]

 

 

Tot-tot-tot….

 

 

“Aish! I love you too baby.” She literally sighed upon hearing the ending of the call. It was a nice silly conversation with her boyfriend that she couldn’t help and feel so giddy inside. She pursed and let a satisfied and positive mind: ‘I won’t let you go, because you give me reason to hold on to.’

 

 

“Miss Seo? We’re here.” She snapped promptly hearing the voice of her driver.

 

 

And a little cute pout appeared across in her once she realized how much she enjoyed talking to her boyfriend just moment ago. She thought the journey to the hospital would be so boring, turns out a great one.

 

 

“Thanks ahjussi.” She said with a proud smile, before she took her leave and then stood in front of the hospital—staring up high.

 

 

“Just do your job Joohyun. No need to worry.” She mutters as her feet started to walk inside the said Hospital.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Seoul, South Korea.

 

 

The sun shines so bright in the city of Seoul, and at the same time, a cold air will bring people in the street into a tight embrace to their respective arms. With a little noise coming from each side streets cars also made the city much exciting to see, as it passed faintly in people’s eyes. It passes right through them as pedestrian are expectantly ignoring the sound of it—One of the reason why a certain eye-smile girl loves to see every time she is at peace in a particular bench, waiting for the bus to stop right in front of her.

 

It’s been an hour since she started off her day with a plan in her mind. In a little while, the person she’s been waiting for will arrive—oh she hopes so.

 

Taeyeon, who is by far the coldest girlfriend she has, agreed to her plans for today. Didn’t she lost hope to wait for her as time passes right through her. It’s her relationship she is saving, not some ordinary things she usually does.

 

 

“Be patient Fany.” She mutters, giving each of her side an attention.

 

 

A couple of minutes passed, she was getting into impatient. Yes, she has limitations of course. Person like her never likes to be patient and thus, it isn’t considered for her as a fatal personality.

 

Anyway, consider her lucky as Taeyeon is finally on her way to approach her. She stood, crossing her arms to welcome the panting little young lady.

 

 

“I’m… I’m—so-sorry… I got… a lot, to do… “ said Taeyeon between her breaths. Her two hands are in her knees supporting herself while her eyes are on Fany’s, she doesn’t know how to describe.

 

 

“2 hours of waiting, I thought I was already ignored.” Was all could Fany says before a bus stopped in front of them to which she grabbed her girlfriend and dragged her inside the bus right away.

 

Taeyeon was stunned at the fast action, but remained silence once they settle down in their seats.

 

 

“I only have one day for this, after… I’ll be busier for another week of exams and defends.” Fany utters while her eyes are outside the window.

 

She thought she could hear a prompt answer, but to no avail, she sighed and look over Taeyeon’s side. The latter was in deep thought not even glancing at her.

 

 

“Fine, I know you are mad because I can’t find any time for us now. But can you blame me Tae-tae? This is my last week. You should know how much I wanted this.” Fany hisses, showing her frustrations towards her girlfriend who seemed couldn’t move.

 

 

“Yah! Tae-tae!”

 

 

Taeyeon snapped back from reality after being elbowed by Fany’s long pointy elbow. She shakes her head, disapproving her girlfriend’s words. “No I’m not. Believe me. My treatment a couple of days ago doesn’t mean I am mad, just… just… quite bothered with something. But don’t worry, it’s totally fine now. I’m good. Don’t worry too much.”

 

 

“You are weird. I thought the flowers—“

 

 

“I just really needed some time to think, that’s why I intended to be like that. You were not mad, right?” Taeyeon cut off, giving Fany a little smile she hasn’t been sharing for the past days.

 

 

“Quite… you seriously give me worries!” Fany exclaims, smacking her girlfriend’s left arms.

 

 

“Hehe, I’m sorry. I’ll make it up to you later. So where are we going?” Taeyeon asked curiously.

 

 

“Hmm… it’s a secret!” the eye-smiled girl sticks her tongue out. As much as she wanted to share the place, she doesn’t want to fail her plans.

 

 

“You and Yoong really sometimes alike.”

 

 

“Yes?”

 

 

“I remember Yoong keep a lot of secrets a year ago, but it wasn’t that good. Be sure this little secret you are saying is good.” Taeyeon threatens, somehow quite worried with the way her girlfriend is grinning away. She knows she’s been bad girlfriend these past days, so she shouldn’t just relax in the corner. What if Fany will break up with her after this? She doubts.

 

 

“Hehe~ don’t worry. I’m not like my brother.” Fany grins.

 

 

“Be sure, because you know me too well, when it comes to secrets.” Taeyeon shrugs her shoulders, looking away from her girlfriend.

 

 

“Yah! it’s not even a serious one. This is only once in a lifetime, so prepared yourself.” Fany assured reaching for her girlfriend’s hand. “In fact, it isn’t even a bad one. Aish! Why do you compare me with my brother?!”

 

 

“Just thinking of some possible way Yo. But I know you are not. So just tell me, please!!!” Taeyeon whines endlessly.

 

 

Fany chuckle at the silliness of her girlfriend. “I will not. I waited for 2 hours for you to arrive, will you do too? We’ll get my surprise in a while.”

 

 

Taeyeon could only sigh in defeat as she put her right arm in her girlfriend’s neck, bringing her closer so that she could rest in her shoulder.

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

 

Jeju Island

 

“Where are they going?” Yul almost scream in surprised after being informed by Nicole. He was still in his work, tending someone’s wound when Nicole called him for good news and a little bad news. Good news is, Taeny are back in good terms, and bad news is… his girlfriend is having a lot of good times with Taecyeon.

 

 

[I told you to Busan!]

 

 

“Uh… I mean, why are they going there?” Yul smack his forehead mentally for creating such a high voice inside the clinic. He stood and left the room after he excuse also from his patient. He walks in to the hallway, searching for some good spot to settle himself. “Only Taecyeon?”

 

 

[Yes of course. We both know they’re good business partners Oppa. Why so shock?]

 

 

“Aigoo… but we both know how their parents actually want them to be together! Dang!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter