I ask You

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Just to see you by my side always… I wouldn’t mind to convince your father

-------------------------------------------------

 

 

Drums started to filled the entire theater, audience are having the same nervousness, while eyes keeps towards one particular card. 

 

"Taeyeon... " 

 

"I can feel it."

 

As they brace their selves for yet another announcement, the lesser they aren't able to comprehend on what's going next. Fives teams are aiming for a win, but only 1 champion could grab the title.

 

"Is it going to be... Italy?" Sooyoung calls as the lights went directly to team Italy.

 

"Or is it... USA, for the 2nd time?" Mario added, the same happens as Team USA beams to hear such a word.

 

"Or like is it the turn for Canada?" Sooyoung continued. "France has a better chance too."

 

"All could hope for only Asian representative!" with that, the lights focus to Team South Korea.

 

Beaming in proud to witness the event, two MCs walk in closely to the audience and made another cheers for every team. After a while, they faces 5 teams and smiles was all over their faces.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

"We got it on hand!!!"

 

Holding their breaths, holding their hands too tight, all teams are in the verge of breaking down. 

 

Breath in... and out...

 

"We have our 3 teams."

 

Slowly and slowly, the world seems to be in slow motion...

 

...

 

Each breath...

 

... and each beat of their hearts resembles their hardworks.

 

"FRANCE! ITALY AND... "

 

Mario Lopez hesitated to continue. Instead, he look at the left teams; Sout Korea, Canada, and USA. 

 

"This is going to be tough." He utters, which earns a cheer from the audience.

 

"Partner, just do it. We still need to announce the champion."

 

Mario chuckles. His partner seems to be getting impatient as he look at it. "Okay, Let's finish this all."

 

Music started to fill the entire theater and so...

 

"The team who will have the chance to grab the champion is... "

 

Taeyeon, Fany and Jessica are on the audience holding each other's hand. They all have one in mind... is to win the comptition!

 

Yoong, Yul, Jinwoon are on the same place too, holding their breaths. Only one girl pops-out in their mind as they glances to their left... the younger girl who is currently pressing her palms together with Nicole. Together, they prays to win!

 

The same goes for Professor Kwon and Mister Hwang, all members of chorale are holding their breaths until...

 

"SOUTH KOREA!"

 

Right then, cheers echoed the entire theater. Having been called, the team almost immediately went up stage at the center together with the two teams who have been called.

 

Drums started to roll once again as two MCs were ready for the one...

 

"Alright... are you guys ready?"

 

"Yes!!!"

 

"Here we go..."

 

"With an average score of 97.9 percent. They all garnered the attention from the audience and... from the audience." Sooyoung started.

 

Beat... beat... Beat...

 

 

 

 

"The winner is... "

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A month later...

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Back in South Korea.

 

 

CRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING~

 

Yoong's POV

 

 

Here we go again. The sound that always makes me awake. The sound that always makes me say... a new day has come. But today, is going to be different. Today, I will have my finaly exam. I will have my last day with the chorale member. and today... I will stand on my own.

Yes, you heard me right.

Just a month ago, I have the best of my life. We win and everything changes. Though we did not grab the duet category, It was still a blast right after the competition. We visit a lot of tourist spot in Rome, but different was, I and Hyun need to be covered by public's eyes. It was still yet so fresh that we need to be covered. The scandal or the moment I had with Hyun at that Fontana was the talk of the town even here in South Korea. But as this popularity boost, I received a lot of love calls from different shows, telling me to share about my love story with Hyun. It was funny for me to do it, but I did. I call one station and made an interview...

 

"Tell us, Mister Im. How were you and your girlfriend going on?" 

 

"My girlfriend? Uh... Yeah... Uhmm... We were good." I said hesitantly.

 

"But as resources said, you guys had a break up? That is why you two denied it back then?"

 

"Oh, that was a long time ago. We did break up, but... we are now good with each other... and I can't tell the detail of our reconciliation though."

 

"But isn't it good if you are going to share it to us?"

 

The interviewer is persistent; I keep on glancing to my right to see Hyun actually staring at me the entire time. The audience was so blurry to my images and only her beauty stands.

 

"I think she's waiting." Just a nudge, I focus back my attention to the MC and tell him about how we started as a week as partners, our love fights and a lot more. The audience was forgivable as well when I mentioned to them how we are uncomfortable with public eyes.

After the show, I walk out with Hyun and made a lot of talks during our way to the parking lot.

 

"You should've lied." she said.

 

"I know. But it's the best. I know Fans are just really crazy towards us now. Look how they made even a fanclub. How was that?"  I chuckle and so she did as well.

 

"So we are just good right?"

 

I stop and face her entirely when her voice suddenly seems so serious to my ears. And I was right, she was.

 

“Hyun… just wait, okay? I know I’m ridiculously giving you—“

 

“It’s okay… I understand it too well. Whatever is your reason…? I know I can still wait for you. “

 

“I’m really stupid right?”

 

“No silly.” She said and wraps her arms to my arm as we resume our walk. I got silent out of a sudden when she does it. It skips my heart every time she does this, but I know why, because the love I have for her will no longer be just love, it’s beyond there.

Just wait hyun. Until our finals.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

That’s right, we are not yet official, but I will no longer make her wait. I am planning to ask her later tonight, and tonight as well, I’m going to mention mother’s plan for me.

 

I received mother's tickets, my files needed for transfer and some other documents for my entrance examination I am going to take. Mother said, it’s best if I’m going to do the process earlier before the next semester. But as my mother wanted me to study abroad, I made an agreement as well that she grants it almost immediately. It is to stay out from her side and lives on my own. 

 

So now, I am here, lying in my bed, here at the apartment that is only street away from Hyun’s house.

 

Ring… ring… Ring…

 

Reaching up, a smile plastered in my face as I know who just beat me to call her.

 

[Good morning!]

 

“Yah! You beat me once again.” I said as I get up and proceeds to my closet.

 

[Just want to make sure if you are already up earlier than I. did I wake you up? or is it on time?]

 

I giggle her reasons. This is how she changes now. I can see thoroughly how she’s been monitoring my sleepless nights these past since of the final exam is nearing. She herself is doing it too, but she’s more concerned to me than our finals. Of course, I did the same, and I receive the same reasons for me not to worry.  

 

“Uhmm… you guess.”

 

[I wake you up?]

 

“Nope, just opened my eyes when you called… Guess, I turned my alarm clock earlier than yours.” I giggle.

 

[Wise!]

 

She giggles, which makes me brightest even more. I walk into the bathroom and shut it behind me before I respond. “Much wiser than you. Baby, I’m off, I’ll call later.”

 

[Okay, I’ll be waiting.]

 

With that said, I end the call as I look at myself to the mirror. Another smile plastered in me. This is it. Yoong, today is the day. You have to pass this exam before anything else. Oh speaking of change. One of the changes I’ve seen from the past 5 days, Hyung is sure distancing himself now from Hyun. Though I can still see him hanging with her, He is now having some distance regarding his heart. I’ve talk to him once, and he doesn’t want to continue pursuing her now. He knows it that it will not be really good for us; since we are friends and he definitely knows where Hyun’s heart belongs to. But as day’s passes, I can see him doing a lot of weird things, like what I’ve caught him the other day…

 

“Hyung?” I stop. I was heading to my office when I saw Hyung in a cafeteria as I passed it. I decided to approach him and I caught him writing something on his notebook. I never know he does his homework in a cafeteria, because I usually spot him in the library with Nicole or Hyun.

 

“Oh Yoong, uhmm… “Just as I thought, he immediately put down his notebook and tossed it aside his bag. “What are you doing here? Aren’t you busy with new members of chorale?”

 

“I am not. But when I saw you, I thought of approaching you. What was on your notebook? It’s like… a lyric? Or not?” I asked, out of my curiosity.

 

“It’s homework. Just some random… you know stuffs. Hehe.” He grins awkwardly as he stood and was about to leave when he stops and look at me seriously.

 

“Yoong, I thought of going for a break. I mean us. You know before the next semester?”

 

“Hmm? Why?”

 

“Uh… just really want to. You know after the competition, it was so tiring and I think we need relaxation after the finals too. Right?”

 

I nod as I thought of having a break as well, before I off for London.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Drying my hair with my towel, I proceeds back to my closet and grabs my blue uniform for this day, wears it and then after done so, I climb down the stairs and proceeds to my kitchen.

 

“Oh men. I’m out of bread.” I groaned almost immediately just as I thought of it. Hmm, I guess I badly need a job to feed myself. 

 

“A month of starving in this apartment means dead. Ugh!!!”

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Today is your final exam. Don’t dare to give me any mistake.

 

Once is enough, but that was the third time she heard her father say so. After the competition, everything changes like a flash in her mind.

The moment she landed in Seoul together with the members of chorale, the moment also her life changes. She got home and was surprised to see her father in the door with fuming eyes. If it wasn’t for her sister, she was beaten by her father. Her father restricted her to go outside after that competition, but as her popularity and the doe-eyed guy boost, the same amount she receives a lot of calls and the same amount of scolds she'll got from her father. 

Mister Seo wasn’t please of this, but what he can do? His daughter is getting popular and so, he can only allow him to do interviews. But for only interviews, not pursuing her love for music and love for a certain doe-eyed guy. Mister Seo gives her curfew of being at home before 7pm, making her secretly doing meetings with the doe-eyed guy... and up until now, she was still doing the same thing.

 

Today is going to be your last in chorale too. 

 

She sighs as she remembers her father’s words again. 

 

“I just need a sign from Yoong and Professor Kwon. Aish!” she hissed.

 

Grabbing her things to her locker, she proceeds to walk in the hallway of Nursing Department with a nervous and heavy heart. She will have an exam later in an hour but her heart is already trembling of fear. Well, a fear to see the reactions from both Professor Kwon and Yoong.

Turning to her left, she spotted Yul entering Professor Kwon’s office. She was about to call for him when she retracted to do so, and instead just approach the door and knock on it.

 

“Come in, it’s open.” Professor Kwon’s voice echoed inside, which she thinks the latter will have a talk with his son.

 

Stepping inside, she bows immediately to the two people inside the room, causoing Yul stood and offers a seat for her.

 

“What got you here, so early Hyun?” asked the tan guy, which Professor Kwon agrees too.

 

The younger hesitated to say. She looks behind the old professor to have a glimpse with their trophy from the last times’ competition. It reminds her on how she works so hard just to aim their goal. It reminds her on how she first auditioned in a rock song and it reminds of her Nicole, who got her in the group.

How will she break her news to these two people who have been so good and been so caring at her? it will be the toughest decision she will ever do. If it wasn’t for her father’s curfew and strictness, she would never done this.

 

“Hyun? Hey!”

 

Yul nudges, noticing the silence from the younger. She instantly snap out of it and look back to them.

 

“Anything wrong… Hyun?” Professor Kwon had his arching eyebrows to the younger. “You seemed bother by something?”

 

“Uh… “Fidgeting, the younger almost wanting to left the room immediately and just stop what’s in her mind. but she was already at the place. She should do what she supposes to do. “Uhmm… Professor Kwon… Yul Sunbae… Uhmm… I am here because of this… “She said as she grabs a paper inside her bag and handed to the older.

 

Professor Kwon had confused look when he decided to open the paper and reads the content.

 

“What is it Hyun?” Yul had a confused look as well, as he stood and reads the content from his father’s grasp.

 

The younger bit her lower lip instantly. Afraid as to see their reactions, she looks down and continuous to feel the beating of her heart.

 

“Hyun… are these true?”

 

She heard Professor Kwon’s voice, which makes her quickly look up and nods slowly.

 

“You are quiting?”  This time, it’s Yul who asked her.

 

“Yeah… sunbae.” She answers, more like a mutter.

 

Much to her surprise, Professor Kwon handed back the paper. “I’m not going to accept this.”

 

“But—“

 

“Hyun… this is not about your curfew right? because, I don’t think it’s necessary for you to quit. You can still be the member even for you are not active.” Yul added.

 

“You don’t understand Sunbae. It’s not about that too. uhmm… It’s—“

 

“Hyun, we are not going to sign this. Not until you are graduating this University.” Professor Kwon said firmly.

 

“And… for sure, Yoong won’t allow you.”

 

The younger got silent. She was suppose to say that she’s quiting because her father disapproves her love for music, but got beat by these pursuing father and son. Being close with them seems to be so hard for her part. She can’t just disappoint them that randomly.

 

“Thanks Sunbae… Professor Kwon.” She said as she stood. Bowing in respect, she was about to left when Yul stops her.

 

“Uh, can I have a moment with you? At the usual place.”

 

Professor Kwon arches a brow towards his son. It is so unlike for him to see his son doing it. For the past weeks, he witness as the tan guy is trying to distract himself from studying and making some lyrics that he always caught. Could it be… the tan guy will pursue his favorite now? Or it’s other way around?

 

“Dad, we’ll go ahead.” With that said, he drags the younger out the office.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Cafeteria

 

Two table spoon and two forks are places in one table, the usual place that the Kwon and Ims hang out to. Across with each other are Yul and the younger, having their breakfast.

 

8:30am.

 

As she glances. “Sunbae, I have 30 minutes left before my first exam. What is it you are going to talk?”

 

Putting down the utensils on his side, the tan guy looked so serious before he answers… “I was thinking of stopping this already.”

 

 “Stopping? What do you mean by that?” the younger was bewildered.

 

“I just couldn’t believe how Jessica is avoiding me these past days. I thought we are good? She wasn’t even answering my call… and I can only hear her going to her hotel once she’s done with school. Good thing and I still have you and Yoong in going home.”

 

“I see… “

 

“That’s all you can say?”

 

“Hmm? What do you expect me to say?”

 

“Like… 'Oh sunbae, I understand your situation. I and Yoong are not even good.'”

 

“Did I mention that I and Yoong are not?”

 

“Err… fine. Just want some company though.”

 

Silence~

 

“But seriously. I’m not good right now.” Yul sighed. “I use to see her during break time. But due to her pack schedule, she can’t even see us now... and can't answer my calls. I'm thinking that she's really avoiding me.”

 

Hyun, I’m going to ask Jessica tonight. Support me.

 

Out of a sudden, the younger remembers the talk she had with her brother as the tan guy mentions about Jessica.

 

Eh? We just got back. You are asking her now?

 

I don’t know. Just want to try if Jessica will accept me as her boyfriend. I know it seemed too sudden, but I couldn’t just sit around now. I love her so much.

 

“Oh no.” the younger utter.

 

“Hmm? Why Hyun?”

 

Glancing to her wrist watch, the younger quickly stood and gather her things. “I have my final exams Sunbae. Bye~ I’ll just see you after this.”

 

Watching the younger leaving him, the tan guy escape a deep sighed almost immediately. He places his finger to his chin and mutters… “I guess, my decision is a better move.”

 

“Yul-ssi… “

 

Turning her head around, another sighed escaped from the tan guy. It was his coach as a swimmer. “Exam will start in 30 minutes. Be sure to be there.”

 

He nods and watches as his coach leave him as well. “So I have still 30 minutes to prepare.” He mutters and grabs his bag for yet another practice.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

“Remember, the exam will only have an hour. So, read everything on this paper without any miss. Let’s start.”

 

Quietly, Yoong passes the paper to the younger beside him before they focus their attention to the 3 pages of an exam. A major exam for a major subject.

As two representatives from Chorale and the two people who do the duet category, the two young singers was given a special examination for finals. It was suppose to be done before they came to Rome, but due to rehearsals and conflicts of their schedules, it was being push and have decided to give it after the competition.

 

An ho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter