Misunderstood

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Misunderstood

 

 

 

When I see you smile, I can't help but to do the same too.

******************************************

 

 

 

Jessica's POV

 

To my surprise, Yoong feels lost or something? Instead of the usual, singing the song for me. He was focus to someone else.

It took me a while before realizing it.

Curious as I am, I looked up to see who he is too focused. But there’s no other woman I could clearly see that staring at her seriously or something. Instead, I was met by dreaming girls and some flashes of cameras.

Deciding to ignore it, I sat back comfortably on my seat and focus back to Yoong.

 

His voice, it’s always like this. It gives me a warm feeling. It’s all coming from his heart. I can see how he’s into it.

 

With those awesome high notes, I have no doubts that Yoong will have a good future in music industry but as much as I convince him about this, I’ll end up giving up. he’ll prefer to be a ballader in the University and in church rather than being a star.

 

-

 

“Miss Jung.”

 

I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder, causing me to jerk a little with the sudden touch.

 

Turning my head, I was met by my professor. “Uh, Mr. Park. Something wrong?” I asked. Mr. Park is Yoong’s music mentor ever since. He and Yoong was always partner in creating music for a musical and for church events.

 

“I just wanted to ask about Mr. Im’s schedule? A music producer actually came to us, wanting to produce an album for your friend.”

 

I literally widened my eyes. It just came to my mind earlier and now, an opportunity just came. Isn’t this a good move for Yoong’s future?

 

“It’s going to be a 5 year contract, and don’t worry, there will be no change. Yoong will still be a student here while he records songs for this company. We’ll provide him a good condo unit and his own car. We will also give some bodyguard for him, so that he’ll be protected here.” He continued, determined to get my friend as their talent.

 

Now that I know what will be his life as a star, I think Yoong will have fun on this.

I smiled as a respond before speaking. “I’ll ask Yoong about this…. my friend will for surely love this.” I replied enthusiastically. Right, I should convince Yoong more. It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity. He should grab this.

 

“We’ll be waiting for a response Miss Jung.” He gives a smile before we quietly focus back to Yoong. However, we were met by applause already by the audience. Yoong just ended his song without my knowledge. Oh gosh, why did I miss it?

 

I quickly stood and called for him. But to no avail, he quickly run off the stage just when I called. I got curious and I run off almost immediately too, but Yul stops me.

 

“Where are you going?”

 

“To… the library… I still have some research.” I lied. Yul shouldn’t know about this plan. Since I know he’ll be the first one to advice Yoong.

 

He raised a brow, as if he’s not contented with my answer.

 

“Library isn’t your thing… Jess.”

 

Ugh, right. I’m not really a book lover. He got me on that. “Fine, I’m just going after Yoong.”

 

I saw him nodded slowly and… “Okay!” he simply said.

 

As much as I wanted to stay for the entire showcase for him. Yoong should know this opportunity first. But I felt really bad.

 

“I’m sorry… but… it’ll be just quick. I’ll come back before you knew it.” I assured him a smile and I was replied by a slight smile. Seriously, what’s wrong with this guy? He’s not like this before.

 

“Go ahead… Yoong might be waiting patiently now.” He said softly and quietly left me.

 

I furrowed my eyebrows watching his back disappearing in front of me. I could really feel something is wrong with him. Just yesterday, he’s acting like I wasn’t there in the place and will answer me with only few words. I tried to call him last night but his not in his house. Somehow, I can say that he’s avoiding me. Yul? Avoiding me? for what reason?

 

-

 

Ugh, I don’t want to think too much now. I should resume following Yoong.

 

-

 

After exiting the hall. I greeted some professors in the hallway before I came across these two people. They were like… kissing?

 

I decided to walk closer and closer to have a look with these two young people in the hallway. Something inside me is already building. This is a University for God’s sake. Do they don’t know about the University’s policy about too much public display of affection? Base from their stands, they might be freshmen, to my disappointment. Freshmen are like this now?

 

Every steps, I can clearly hear their words already and it was as if I have known the voice too well, I stop close enough on their spot.

 

“Ugh, it hurts.”

 

“Just let it open.”

 

I clench my two fists to finally confirm it and almost immediately, I called his name.

 

“Yoong?” I loudly called, feeling an adrenaline increasing inside me.

 

He turned quickly and frowned to see me behind him. I can’t seriously comprehend what is Yoong doing on my back. My heart shatters into pieces to see who’s with him. It’s the girl I saw yesterday at the cafeteria.

 

“N-noona… what-what… are you doing here?” he asked, startled to see me.

 

I give him a dead glare, wanting him to feel that I am not please with what he is doing. “I think I should be the one to ask you that Yoong.” I muttered.

 

“Uh… I’m sorry… I didn’t—“

 

“Ahh… “

 

The girl beside him suddenly turns on her back to my surprised. Cutting also my friend’s words as he immediately check on her. Seriously, what’s going on?

 

“YAH! YOONG!” I called again, boiling in anger.  Hopeful that he’ll turn his attention to mine. What he did earlier isn’t acceptable. I need an explanation.

 

Yoong looked up to me quickly and I frowned what he did next; he bowed in apologize. “Noona… I’m sorry but… we should go.” He said before he assisted the girl with his hand on the girl’s hand, it was as if he’s preventing the girl on touching something on her face.

 

“YOONG!” I called once more.

 

“This will be quick. I'll see you after class.” He answered immediately, still holding the girl. I wanted to run after but the image of them earlier still stock in my mind. I saw how he was too concerned with the girl. Never did I saw this from him. Yes, he was concern with us too, but his concern to the girl is much different than to us. Worst, I don’t even know this girl.

 

Am I missing something here?

 

 Is he dating behind my back? I really need explanation.

 

end of Jessica's POV

-

-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Yah! don’t touch it. Will you? It will be infected. Just wait for a while. A doctor will check on that.”

 

Yoong scolded for the 5th time. They just arrived in University’s infirmary after she had removed the dirt successfully. Wanting to make sure that the country girl’s eyes were okay, Yoong decided to bring the latter—neglecting even his friend Jessica.

 

Too much concern, what Yoong is feeling at the moment. In born with a kind heart, the doe-eyed guy didn’t hesitate to show this to the person who hate him. However, this feeling isn’t what he expected. It’s his first time to be concern to someone in his age. And, it was completely different from what he had already experience. It was as if it’s a new feeling.

 

A hand on the country girl’s right hand was another hand holding it firmly. Yoong sure he’s not only holding it because he wanted to avoid the younger girl to rub her eyes but… there’s something more on that. It’s a hold that he can’t explain yet. Something just telling him to feel the warm hands of the younger girl.

 

“Uhmm… m-my hand.” Almost immediately, the younger girl takes notice on this. “It’s okay… now. I won’t rub them.” Seohyun assured, finding herself fluttering over and over again. He could feel the concern look from the doe-eyed guy, much to her surprised. Too much information about the doe-eyed guy is starting to fill in her mind.  First impression last, as what they always say. However, it’s different from her case. She’s starting to believe that the guy before her isn’t the rude guy he knew on her first day.

 

Yoong hesitantly let go of the hand. As much as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter