Speak 2.2

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I will never leave her behind. Not now... that she needed me.

--------------------------------------------

 

 

 

“What are we doing here?”

 

The doe-eyed guy asked once they arrive at the rooftop.

 

Yul, in his side never did utter any word on their way to the rooftop. He was so silent all along while his being followed by his best friend. Every step he had was his running thoughts towards the events going on. Nicole and his close relationship with his best friend is somehow the reason why he wanted to talk to this doe-eyed guy. He saw it in his two eyes, the scene of Nicole and his best friend while the younger is completely confused.

He thought his best friend would avoid Nicole, knowing too well the latter but it's happening the other way.

And with the event happened earlier, which he saw how the younger just give a meaningful stare towards his best friend. He felt that his best friend is beyond with his foolishness.

 

“Yoong… “

 

“Hyung?”

 

The tan guy has the serious face as he constantly run his two hands under his leather jacket, standing so straight with an intense stare.

 

“Tell me about you and Nicole.” He demanded.

 

The doe-eyed guy twitched his eyebrows. Somewhat bewildered by his best friend’s seriousness, he couldn’t find any words to answer and just look away.

 

“I can see it clearly Yoong. You are letting that Nicole to be close with you. Is there something I should know?”

 

Taking a deep breath, the young president answers… “There is nothing. Nicole and I were friends. It’s just natural.”

 

“Is it? Because, if you miss to see the people around you? Jessie, Fany, I and especially Hyunnie… we’re all confused here. You are not like this. You were acting like we are not friends here.”

 

The young president was taken aback. The tan guy was showing an intense emotion towards him. How is he going to answer this?

 

He can only turn to his back, and clenches.

 

“You know what… that silent of yours… it’s hurting hyunnie.” Yul said as a matter of fact.

 

“It’s over Hyung.” but the doe-eyed only say two words, making the tan guy confused.

 

“What do you mean over?” he asked.

 

“N-nothing Hyung….” The doe-eyed guy bit his tongue for even uttering it. There shouldn’t be any person who will know this. Beside Hyun… right… even him. He thought before he reluctantly faces the tan guy again.   “There’s no problem here. Never mind about it.” he added and was about to walk pass when Yul grabs him by his arm.

 

“Don’t leave me hanging here.” Yul said bitterly.

 

The young president looks away once again. He abruptly let go of the strong grip and said… “I don’t want to share it to someone who has no right to barge in to my relationship with my girlfriend.”

 

Yul pulled his best friend to make him face entirely to him. He feels as if being played and wanted his best friend to just answer him. “Yoong, we’re friends here. Why can’t you trust me?”

 

“Trust? Tell me… do you know that word? Because… I can’t see it… What did I saw at the plane? You were so close to my girlfriend. I thought you have no feelings for her now? What was that? Only a friendly manner?”

 

It was Yul’s time to be taken aback. Yes, he did it really intentionally. But… it’s only because he was still so concerned with the younger. Every time the girl would feel hurt, he his self can’t fight the urge and wants to stay by her side. But For once, he still can feel it. The younger has still a strong connection to him. Can’t he still deny the fact?

 

“See? It seems it’s true. Your silence… says it all.” Yoong said before resuming his walk.

 

“So you were hesitant to share it because of this?”

 

Yoong stops upon hearing the question.

 

“So… if that thoughts of yours… were true? What will you do? “ Yul challenge.

 

 “I won’t allow you.” The doe-eyed guy quickly answers

 

“Allow me? from what?” Yul smirked. He can sense what’s in his best friend’s mind.

 

“From giving you the permission to grab her back… You guys were over and I don’t think it’s necessary for you to even concerned over our little problem here. You are courting Jessica noona. Why can’t you concentrate to her?” Yoong was confused. Why would his best friend still barge in to his relationship towards the younger? Knowing the latter is courting his friend, Jessica.

 

“Jessie?… yes, I do courting her. But… Yoong, you can’t prevent me having this feeling. Hyunnie is such a precious girl to me. You are mistaking on hurting her, because Yoong… even if I know Hyun doesn’t feel the same way towards me, I will never leave her behind. Not at this moment that she needed me.” The tan guy responded.

 

“Right there. You've said it all. You're indeed still having that feelings for my girlfriend. I can't believe you.” Yoong scoffs.

 

Yul was caught off guard. Mindless, he didn’t realize what he just blurted. “De? I did not—“

 

“I can still see it Hyung. That concern is still different regardless to the people around you. Tell me, have you ever felt the same concern towards Noona?”

 

The tan guy was left speechless. Is he feeling the same way too when it comes to Jessica? He can’t tell.

 

“I don’t know what you are talking about. But I only know one thing, if ever I’ll see her cry, don’t expect for me to just relax.” Yul said seriously before he walks away but he never misses Yoong’s last message for him.

 

“I’ll assure you. You won’t see her cry.”

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

[305]

 

Click.

 

“Oh nice Jess. One more time.”

 

With that being said, the blonde instantly poses in front of her photographer. More flashes were seen as two friends were having fun taking pictures in the beautiful city of Rome. It’s been 30 minutes, and yet, they still can’t spot their two guy friends. So they decided to have fun first before they eat their breakfast. Nevertheless, it still so early to have it.

 

Click.

 

Click.

 

 

More flashes and clicks were heard in a balcony.

 

----------------------------------

 

20… 30… 90…

 

“Hmm… do I still need to continue to work into another job?”

 

Ask the young brunette in no one in particular. She was at the couch, counting her money to buy some stuff for her sister and brother. Lucky for her and the University had lent them enough money for their tour, foods and hotel accommodation, that she can only bring money for herself. The money was enough for her to have good times to the beautiful city of Rome.

But when the thought of money came to her mind, Yonghwa didn’t miss her mind. It was 2 days ago since she has last scene the guy and she was all wondering about it.

 

“that guy… I thought he’s a friend.” She added with a sighed, before she decided to put her money back in her wallet and places it in her shoulder bag.

 

She then looked behind to see Jessica and Fany having fun with their cameras while flashes filled their place. It makes her smile and stood to approach the two older girls slowly.

 

“Unnies… “ she calls.

 

Fany and Jessica instantly greeted the younger with bright smiles. They immediately pulled the younger and made a lot of selcas.

 

Click.

 

With the last flash of the camera, the three girls almost immediately sat in their respective chairs. Fany and Jessica were both engross to their selcas while the younger was only nodding to every comments of their shots.

But as their talk goes further, the younger couldn’t take but to think about how she’s being friend with these rich girls. Her being in the campus is only just a dream and she was even grateful that her parents had managed to give her this opportunity to be in a prestigious school. Never did she imagine being part of it, and friends like Fany and Jessica are only bonus in her life at the University. Her co-members in Choral were almost as if her real brothers, and sisters and Professor Kwon as his 2nd father.

well, not mention, Yoong and Yul has the biggest part of her life at the moment.

 


“Unnies… thank you.” Unconsciously, she thank the two people before her.

 

“Hmm?” that made the two brunettes’ looks at her with arching eyebrows.

 

“Uh… No-nothing… unnies… hehe I’m just… thinking.” The younger immediately corrected which earns the two best of friends a chuckle and a pat to the younger’s two hands.

 

“Don’t worry, Yul won’t hurt Yoong.” Fany jokes.

 

*SMACK!

 

“OUCH! YAH! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?” Fany instantly rub her arm when Jessica hits it.

 

“What are you thinking Fany? Don’t listen to her hyun, you know this girl is crazy.” Jessica reminded.

 

The younger could only awkwardly smile. For some reason, she can’t yet really open with Jessica, though they're friends, she still find it a bit off when she’s around the blonde. But when it comes to the doe-eyed guy’s sister, she can freely open up.

 

“It’s okay Unnie, Uhmm… I wasn’t thinking about... about the competition only, don't bother it..” she sheepishly reasoned.

 

“Alright, I think we should really start our breakfast. The food is starting to get cold.” Fany said as she stood and grabs the cart near their table.

 

Jessica and the younger  follow suit and helps the eye-smiled girl with the food, putting it in place to their table one by one.

 

While placing the plates, Jessica asked regarding the status between her friend, Yoong and this younger.

 

“So… can you share them to us… the details last night hyun? I bet you guys have the best talk?” Jessica said, hoping to have an answer regarding her concerns.

 

The younger stops on placing a plate and instantly looked up to the blonde. She blinks for a few times before coming up with a respond… “Yo-Yoong… and I were… not-not yet good Unnie. Though we talked… Uhmm… I find it, really hard to believe.” The younger shared sadly.

 

Fany also stops when she was about to pour a glass of water. She looked up and found the younger’s bothered expressions. “What did he said Hyun?” she asked earning the younger’s attention.

 

“I don’t know how to say this… but… Uh… Yo-Yoong… mentioned… he got a talk with Yonghwa.” Seohyun reluctantly shared.

 

“Yonghwa? Who’s this?” both Jessica and Fany asked simultaneously, totally oblivious.

 

“De? Uh… he’s… he’s… “ dang, haven’t share Yonghwa to them. In the younger’s thought, as she find it so difficult to continue her words.

 

“Hmm?” Fany and Jessica were both waiting to the younger to continue. But the younger who seems in trouble couldn’t utter any word. She's biting her tongue for scolding herself. "How am going to explain this?" she thought. “Uhmm... Yonghwa is—“

 

“Hey Guys!!! I’m sorry. We were late.” came a familiar voice.

 

Seohyun gulp in relief upon hearing the voice. She was so close to utter it, but failed to do so. They all tilted their heads and were met by two men.

 

“Oh nice, you guys were here. Let’s eat?” Fany immediately pulls the two men to sit in their chairs, neglecting what was the younger is suppose to answer them.

 

Jessica and the younger just followed suit, grabbing their chairs across towards each other. The blonde, sitting besides the tan guy while the younger sat beside her boyfriend. The sight made Fany giggles as she sat across to them. “Let’s eat?” she leads, which made the others nodded in agreement.

 

Immediately, the doe-eyed guy acted and grabs the rice for the younger. Seohyun simply took it without any glancing to the smiling boyfriend of her. Yoong then grabs some of dishes and handed it to his girlfriend which the latter simply took a little too, still so uncared how her boyfriend is giving her attention.

 

“Eat a lot. We will have a long day.” advices the young president earning the others looks towards him.

 

Fany giggles whereas Yul could only roll his eyes. Jessica just shrug them off and focuses to the younger’s reaction, who she witness only slightly smiles.

 

“You two were really good for each other.” Fany commented while having her own breakfast the same with others.

 

“I know right Noona?” Yoong brightens in instant. “That’s why I won’t allow anyone out there to break us.”

 

It earns the tan guy a cough as a respond.

 

“Omo! Are you okay Yul?” said, Jessica worriedly. The tan guy only shows an okay sign as he immediately grabs a glass of water.

 

“Sunbae are you okay?” asked the younger too.

 

“Yeah… I’m okay Hyun… Uh, don’t bother me.” Yul said as an excuse, but didn’t miss to glance to his best friend.

 

“Hmm?” Yoong arch a brow.

 

“Nothing Yoong… Uh, let’s resume guys.” He immediately announces causing the others to follow what he just said.

He sigh as a relief to see his friends didn’t bother to further questions him. He glances lightly to Jessica’s side to found her silently having her breakfast.

Retracting back, he glances to the younger that is silently having her breakfast too. But the weird is, the younger isn’t even responding to her boyfriend’s attempt on feeding her. It makes him then glares at his best friend. Their talks earlier were still so confused and he can’t still really convince his self that there wasn’t any problem anymore. Seeing the younger acting like his best friend has a sin towards her, makes the tan guy sighed heavily. This sight makes him believe that there’s a reason for him to interfere to the couple’s relationship. It was a mistake that he ended his interest to the younger, while all along, he still can feel something towards the younger. Yes, Jessica has a space for his heart, but… he wasn’t sure if he can still continue with these occurring events. Never did he thought about of coming back and forth, it only happens so natural.

 

“Yul, we are almost finish, don’t look at Hyun like that.” nudges the blonde, catching his attention. He simply nods and proceeds to finish his breakfast.

 

While the tan guy is having the urge to see the problem, the young couple is having a small fight under the table. Yoong’s left hand crawled over the younger’s right hand in attempt to hold it. Unfortunately for the doe-eyed guy, his girlfriend isn’t giving a damn and literally slaps his hand away. It makes the young president to be persistent noticing his best friend’s glances to them. He gradually took the hand of his girlfriend once again and holds it in place. And still, the younger is fighting and wanted to let go, but who is she to overpower her boyfriend? the doe-eyed guy is somewhat strong, So she end up letting her boyfriend’s hand  while she finished her breakfast in silent, the same with others.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After the silent breakfast they had, the 5 students of Duggok all together arrive at the lobby, where all the members of choral are waiting.

 

At exactly 10am, they all gathered around to hear their couch’s speech.

 

“So I think everyone is here now.” Professor Kwon started. His student is attentively listening to him. “As we all know, the competition will be in three days and today marks our first day. So before we have our stage rehearsal this Friday, I would like you guys to see the City of Rome—“

 

“Whoa!!!”

 

“Wait!”

 

Students immediately shut their mouth upon hearing their coach strikes.

 

“Aish! Can’t you guys reserves those scream later?” Professor Kwon hissed. “Tch… fine, I won’t be strict today… “

 

“OMO! Serious Professor Kwon?” a student asked, causing the students of Choral to laughs. Professor Kwon just shrugs it and continues instead.

 

“But… this is only one day.” he added. The entire members of Choral sadly pouted upon hearing it.

 

“It’s my nature so bare with me…. aigoo… anyway, I’ll leave you guys with a tourist guide so be sure to enjoy this, okay? It’s a day in Rome with fun, do make it memorable.” Professor Kwon said, earning ’s a celebration.

 

“Wait!”

 

Another yell from their professor, the members of choral almost immediately shut their mouth.

 

“I only have one role. Everything should be in order. Once we arrive, no one will go around without any of my consent. If you guys feel to need rest room, don’t bother to ask out. We have it in our bus. And if someone is hungry or anything, you always have your food in your respective bags… any questions?”

 

“Uhmm, Professor Kwon… “

 

“Hmm? Nicole? What is it?”

 

Nicole smirked and answers… “Could I ask out Yoong to be my partner in this tour?”

 

All the members had arching eyebrows. Seohyun who’s beside the doe-eyed guy simply look away to avoid Nicole’s stare at her.

 

“Nicole? Why—why… me?” playing innocent, Yoong pointed his self.

 

But before could Nicole answer, Professor Kwon beat her. “It’s okay Nicole. We have no role for whoever you wanted to be paired with, so it’s up to you. Unless, Yoong doesn’t want it?”

 

This time, all eyes were laid to the doe-eyed, who simply nervously look at his girlfriend. The young brunette simply smiles, keeping the doe-eyed guy to be frustrated. The heck is happening? Is his girlfriend allowing him? That is unusually happening. “Aish! You really don’t care?” he suddenly exclaims, earning all the suspicious stares from his co-members.

 

Quick as she is, the young brunette almost immediately pulled her boyfriend and whispers… “Yoong, stop it pleases. Just grant Nicole’s wish, for Professor Kwon.”

 

“I can’t believe you.” Said Yoong in respond.

 

Going back, the doe-eyed guy immediately showed an okay sign. The members of choral simply sigh in relief upon hearing their captain. As usual, Nicole immediately runs towards the doe-eyed guy and sneak her arms around the latter, causing Seohyun to steps back.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

[Bus]

 

Sitting arrangement: Yoong with Nicole, Yul and Jessica behind them, as Fany and the young brunette were before Nicole and Yoong.

 

All were excited to have a tour. Half of the member was bringing their own cameras while the other half was just depending to the students who have their own.

 

Seeing how excited and prepared her co-members, the young female balladeer did is to sigh as she pouted. She has no camera in her hand, so she has only her phone to take selcas in every city they’ll pass.

 

“I noticed you only have your phone, so I guess… this would be better.” Yul suddenly stood to hand his camera to the younger. “You can use this… anyhow, I don’t need it.”

 

Jessica who is sitting next to him suddenly grabs the camera instead; earning both Yul and the younger’s eyes to her. “Uhmm, I will only tutor her on how to use this.” reasoned the blonde and switches her seat with Fany almost immediately.

 

The tan guy just shrug it off and was about to sit back with Fany when he notices the doe-eyed guy glaring at him. He simply smile meaningfully and resumes with Fany to their seats.

 

“Yo! Yul.” Fany suddenly nudges.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“What’s with my brother?” The eye-smiled girl asked, while eyeing suspiciously her own half brother. Yul in an instant looked up and found his best friend listening to some mp3s while fighting with Nicole’s hand away from him.

 

“Don’t bother them. Let’s just enjoy the ride first.” Yul replied but at the back of his mind… He’s hurting his girlfriend Fany… and I needed to find this out.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Oppa… you know I have the video camera, so behave. You don’t want Hyunnie to know about this, right?” Nicole whispers, earning the doe-eyed guy’s goosebumps. Nicole’s hand just sneaks to his palms and he’s fighting to slap it away all along. But when the latter whispers, it makes him weakens upon hearing the threat once more.

 

The doe-eyed guy is no longer a strong one when it comes Nicole. It’s like he will be forever stuck on this? No, he doesn’t want it to continue. He needs to find the video camera asap, Before his girlfriend find out. Else, he will see the consequence to this mistake.

 

“Fine, but can I ask?” the doe-eyed guy asked so loud that even his girlfriend look back to him. Hearing it, Nicole immediately grabs Yoong’s hand much closer and stick out her tongue towards her best friend who seems un-care and decided not to give it a damn.

 

“Yah! you are not listening!” Yoong exclaims, causing Nicole to slap his arm.

 

“Okay, let me know!”

 

“Tch, when are you going to stop this?” asked the doe-eyed guy so loud again.

 

“Yoong? Will you stop it? others were having their naps.” Scolded the young brunette, which make the blonde nods in agreement too.

 

The young president simply looks away and decided not to asked anymore. The feeling of being rejected by his girlfriend is still seem so hard for him. Seeing her being inconsiderate with Nicole’s actions is somehow weakening him. But he actually understands it. He had a mistake and he deserves it.

 

“Yoong Oppa? Are you… hungry? I have my foods here, we can share.“ Nicole suddenly acted so sweet this time. Intentionally making it loud, to make her best friend heard their conversation.

 

“Nicole, will you stop that talk? I need to sleep.” Yoong hopelessly leans his back comfortable to his seat before bringing his mini towel to his face and attempted to sleep.

 

“Yah~ come on. I’m hungry, join me.” Nicole nudges, but still the doe-eyed guy would not respond.

 

“Tch, fine… if you won’t… I still have a lots in mind.” Nicole smirks, glancing to Seohyun’s side profile. Let’s see if you guys can still be a couple after tonight? Or might be later. She thought.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

[Rome, Coliseum]

 

As soon as the students left the bus, Nicole had immediately pulled the doe-eyed guy to follow the others but unfortunately for her, the latter is not moving any inch. She tried and tried but end up failed. Yoong was still glued and would always go back to his seat.

 

“Yah! if you continue this, I will not think twice and shows this camera to your girlfriend.” Nicole once again threatened.

 

“Who cares.” The doe-eyed guy answers nonchalantly. “Just give it quickly. In fact, I have no hope now. Hyunnie isn’t going to care about it.” he added as he stared out the window.

 

Suddenly he clenches.

 

The reason? He saw outside his girlfriend is having a good time with Jinwoon and his best friend. They’re all engross with the coliseum, taking pictures here and there until his eyes laid to his girlfriend which stared at him back. He simply looks away and resumes to Nicole, who is already by his side.

 

“You’re not really going outside?” asked the mushroomed girl.

 

“I’m tired.” replied the doe-eyed as he closes his eyes. Seeing it, Nicole sighed in disbelief and decided to go outside with the others.

 

As if it was a cue, Yoong smirk and stared back outside. He saw Nicole grabs Jinwoon and some other co-members to have pictures together. It made him victoriously grins as he spotted his girl alo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter