Ice Cream

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

... you are like the ice cream that melts

-----------------------------------------

 

 

 

What is happening to Yoong?

I know I have no right now to ask this because we are over. But, I don’t know what I am feeling when I saw him after last night. He was all smiling like he never broke up with me. Like we are back in good terms? But still, I can feel the hesitant.

Along with this, something i caught about him was his changes. He changes his looks from black to dark brown which actually seem so good for him. His fashion sense also changes, from wearing polo shirt, he's now wearing plain T-shirt which fit to his body along with tight jeans. His hair that was quite covering to his eyes were now too short, making him look so fresh. All were now new to my eyes. The old doe-eyed guy is now... where? although it's good to see him changing his look, I can't help but to miss his old appearance.

 

Aigoo...

 

I am totally speechless to see him changing. Could this be his way of moving on? I don't either know.

 

--

 

The same with him, I'm a bit surprise to myself too. I don't know what's gotten into me but I was as if posses as I converse to him normally. But... as times goes by, I can feel the emptiness in me. I know Yoong is just showing his professionalism and I find it really good. It's just that, I can't really get into my real self. I find myself wanting to talk to him once again and ask out our feelings instead of our opening rehearsal, our duets and our plans for the comeptition.

I tried to open it up to him, but I always got cut out to our talks earlier. I really can see that he was avoiding to talk about it.

 

Sigh.

 

I can only hope that I'll be okay once we got our personal rehearsal. I think I can't help but to feel awkward if we are alone with each other later for the rehearsal.

 

----------------------

 

“Hey!!! Earth to Hyun!”

 

/SNAP!

 

“Hmm?” I was in panic. Am I day dreaming? Because Charles was waving at me continuously.

 

“I thought you are not going to answer me anymore. I was like calling you for 5 times when I noticed you spacing out. Anything wrong? Yoong is just in his phone. You seem bothered?” He had a curious eyes.

 

“De?” 

 

“Actually, you were staring at his back for almost a minute now… with that meaningful stare to him. Are you guys really just friends?”

 

I was caught off guard. Friends? Right, I did told Charles that I am friend with Yoong. Weird to say, I feel like sad after hearing it from his mouth, though I know it's true?

 

“Of course we are. Why did you say so?” I asked as I avoid his suspicious stares.

 

“Because… Hyun…. I have been in that. I know a stare of someone who is in love. Are you… one of it? Oh, remind me about the Fontana too. I think, it’s because of love?” He teases.

 

“Noo… we are just friends. Truthfully… we are only close friends. UH!, we are classmates and then… “ I awkwardly said. Well, it's true though.

 

“Okay, if you say so… “he said with a smile before he focus back to our lyrics, but… as I look at it. It was like teasing me. Oh god, am I really this obvious? This is Yoong’s fault. He broke up with me indirectly. How can I move on this easily while all along, I can always see him with this competition?

 

Sigh.

 

Glancing back to Yoong, I find myself smiling to him once again. Never did I realize that I can still smile despite what he did. 

 

I'm totally in my insanity with this guy. Even for the mistakes from him that would constantly reminds me, I can't really help myself and just want him back. “Aigoo… “

 

“Hmm?”

 

Charles looked up to me immediately, causing me to just smile awkwardly in response. I'm seriously not in myself. 

 

“Uhmm… we’ll do this part..” Charles pointed to the refrain part where I and him having our duet. Then he pointed another one and commented a lot of techniques for us to be able to move freely to the stage. He also said about holding, eye-contacts, and lot more that I’ve been knowing already from the doe-eyed guy.

He continue while I am just nodding and giving a lot of my comments too. Honestly, I am liking Charles’ Company. His caring side to every anxious I am going to say, he will always have the answer. His smiles, that dimple, and those eyes were like giving me an assurance that he and I will have a good performance and good partnership. I can feel also that he is a good guy. 

 

“So are you ready?” he asked me and I just nodded.

 

And to our surprise...

 

“Mister Im?” A director came.

 

Wait… am I hearing this right? He’s an Im?

 

“Yes Director?”

 

He is?

 

“We’ll start all over again in 15 minutes, you guys ready.” Said the director and then left us.

 

“W-wait… Charles?” I quickly tapped him and he look at me with arching eyebrows. “You are an Im? How… “

 

“Oh… Hahaha… I’m sorry, I and Yoong were cousins actually. That is why we’ve known each other.” He said with a bright smile.

 

“But you are an Italian, right?” I asked, thinking about his nationality.

 

He nods and...  “Half Italian. His mother and my father were siblings, while my mother is an Italian. Why?”

 

That explains. No wonder. I thought it’s just too random when Yoong actually sneak his arm to Charles. 

 

“Hey, Hyun… you were spacing again. What’s wrong with you?” I feel Charles’ tap on my arm, which makes me just give him a little smile.

 

“I’m asking you… why?” much to my surprised, he asked me again.

 

“Oh, nothing… just… really surprised. You know since, Yoong never mentioned you to me.” I said sheepishly.

 

“Oh I see… well actually, it’s because… I never had a contact to him, until today. We met again earlier at the rehearsal and did some talks regarding our families including a… special someone?”

 

I nearly fell on my chair. Did Yoong just told him about us? Oh no….

 

“Uh… what did he say? “ I asked, curious as to what did Yoong told him.

 

“He said he had such a beautiful special someone. When I asked about his special someone’s features, I literally laugh.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Ahaha… I don’t know why it makes me laugh, because he actually describes that someone as a... chubby cheek? and oh... it seems his description suits you too well” Charles had a bright smile.

 

Chubby. Cheek. Or chick? I don’t know what I just heard.

 

“But he got the best one.”

 

It makes me smiled wider. Oh no, why am I like this????

 

“He said… that girl… makes him really change. As if that girl seriously gives the reason for him to see another world… I mean, to see another aspect of life… like love and care to someone who is not a blood related... that he can see his future to that girl. Unlike from the other times, he was more focus on his career and life with his mother. Wow, seriously, I like that cousin of mine. I never thought he could really be like this. As if he was now focus to see his future with someone else he can have. Truthfully, I never know him that a lot. But when he shared that to me? I thought about how he is really that determined to have a good and happy future. More like, he wanted just to get marry now? Ahaha… that guy, I salute his forward look-out.”

 

I was left stunned. Charles just shared to me such an information that I never know Yoong could come out. He was really like this?

 

“Miss SEO!!!”

 

Dang it.

 

“Hmm?” I was in panic. It wasn’t Charles anymore but instead, our director. Where did that guy go?

 

“Miss Seo, if you are looking to your partner. He’s already in the stage.” The director informed which made me smile awkwardly as I stood and climb to the stage. There, I saw Charles already with his sorry face. Some pairs were on stage too at the back of us while Yoong was…

 

“Let’s do the rehearsals without Mister Im. in the meantime. He just informed to me about an important thing he’s doings. So… let’s start?”

 

That explains. Yoong wasn’t around anymore.

 

“Hyun! We’ll be here!” I saw Fany Unnie and Jessica unnie on the stage, waving at me who makes me smile in response.

 

“You ready?” Charles asked, earning my attention and I nod in response.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

[Airport]

 

Scanning around, the doe-eyed guy did a lot of turns around and around until he receives a message…

 

[We are behind, turn on your left]

 

He smiles and complies. There, he was already standing to the two people he invited. He welcomes them with a smile.

 

“I thought it will be tonight?” he asked.

 

“I cancelled the night flight son, since I needed to see your rehearsal too. And so as Taeyeon here.” Mister Hwang said, with a bright smile. It’s been a while since he last saw his son. This could be his chance now to prove to his son.

 

The shorter simply nods in response. “I can’t wait to see my sister Yoong. How is she?” asked Taeyeon. They landed in Rome secretly, keeping her so excited to see her sister already. It has been a week now that he was alone with his brother back in their house. She can’t wait to inform her sister regarding about going back to their old house.

 

“Uh… you’ll see later Noona. For now, let me lead you to our ride.” The doe-eyed guy said, grabbing the midget’s luggage’s while Mister Hwang simply didn’t give a damn about Taeyeon’s excitement. He literally just follow his son behind, together with Taeyeon.

 

In the road…

 

“Son… I heard about Charles was in the competition too. How will you compete him?” asked Mister Hwang anxiously. He have known about it back in Seoul through medias. 

 

"Yeah... he was in. I was surprised actually. But you know me dad, If I am doing something. I wouldn't mind to see another relative in the competition" Yoong said, staring out the window. Still so quite uncomfortable beside his father, he just let his mind busy with the thought of the competition to get rid with his father's intention in coming to Rome. 

 

"That's great. I thought I'll see you weakens if you'll see Charles in the competition." Mister Hwang chuckles.

 

The doe-eyed guy simply nods a little. He doesn't know what to do once his father enters his life. It never came to his mind that one day, he'll see his self forgiving this old man who just crash his childhood. His childhood that suppose to be happy and free. 

 

"Do you want to go to the hotel first?" He asked, still can't look at his father.

 

"I don't think it's necessary son. The stage performance is due tomorrow. You can't just let me rest..I'll be wasting my time if I'll be in the hotel only." Mister Hwang replies.

 

Nodding slowly, Yoong said. "I see... But don't expect a perfect rehearsal, I know you are a perfectionist." he reminded.

 

"That was a long time ago. Let's move on, shall we?" 

 

"If I just know your plans." The doe-eyed guy mutter, luckily and Mister Hwang wasn't hearing it clearly as he arch his brow towards his son.

 

"Uh... nothing, just enjoy the ride." Yoong said and comepletely loose his head to his seat.

 

Taeyeon who is in the back was thoroughly listening. She was observing to every words of the doe-eyed guy and she find it really complicated to say. Mister hwang was quite good to her now and she was thankful that Yoong was the reason of it. And while he was relieving of Mister Hwang's attitude towards her, he was anxious at the same time, to see the doe-eyed guy in that state. She feels as if the latter is really spacing his distance to every word his going to say towards his father.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

3:30:pm.

 

"Whoa!!!"

 

All members of Choral exclaimed as they took a break for their rehearsal stage. One by one, they jumps off from the stage and grabs their respective seats to have a break. 

Grabbing their water, snacks, energy drink and more water, all were having the same feeling--excitement.

 

"Kyaaa.... guys, I can't wait for the main event tomorrow." 

 

"I am too, this will be our chance to prove that Asians can do a lot of things, including singing!" 

 

"I heard It will be broadcasted internally? That means my family and friends are going to see us? OMG!!!! my girlfriend might be seeing me in TV now!!!"

 

/SMACK!

 

"Yah! Can you calm your excitement?"

 

"Oops... sorry... hehe."

 

"Anyway, guys, we should focus and grab the championship trophy, araso?"

 

"Yes!!!"

 

The tan guy couldn't help but to shook his head to the scene before him. His co-member were all excited, and he can see it through their voices, eyes and even movements. It was how many hours left already? 

 

"27 hours."

 

Yul literally backs away having Jinwoon's random words again. He chuckle a little and ask. "What is that?"

 

"Hmm? OH... 27 hours left before our fight? If we are going to pass this. I think I'm going to faint!!!" exclaimed Jinwoon while biting his bread.

 

"I hope so. If Lord will allow us to move to the finals. Dang! I think I'll be jumping up and down. This will be my 2nd time to be part of this choir with honors." Yul shared his anticipation. But If we won't win this, that means... I'm going to continue my heart for Hyunnie. He thought as he look at his phone, where the younger is sleeping. I hope you could help me win this Lord. Fight with this confusions in my head. I am seriously in between now. I am feeling the same way for them. Jessica is such a sweet person, while Hyunnie is such a caring girl. I never know I could feel like this when Hyun came to my life. I was all along for Jessica, until I bump into her. But, as I thought of her, I thought for Jessica as well. I know I have to be the worst person now. Please Lord, let this competition be your answer to my confuse heart.  If we win, I will go for Jess, and if we lost... my hyunnie.

 

"Yul-ssi... Professor Kwon has been calling you." Much to the tan guy's surprised, Jinwoon whispered to his ears. 

 

"Really?" He excliamed. He has been spacing out once again.

 

"What are you thinking?" Jinwoon added

 

"Uh, nothing... Uhmm... where's father?" he immediately look around to spot his father, but to no avail, he glares at Jinwoon.

 

Jinwoon defeatedly put his hands up. "He was here earlier, but I guess he got impatient and go by his self. He was actually inviting you to come over the duet rehearsal." 

 

"Dad? going to the duet rehearsal? now I thought-?"

 

"He just announces earlier... we are resuming our practice at 7pm until 9pm and 9-12 for duets." Jinwoon informed the spacing tan guy.

 

"I see... I'll see you later then." Yul immediately left the theater, leaving Jinwoon with a jaw drop.

 

"Why is everybody leaving? Nicole then... them?" Jinwoon pouted upon realizing it. Nicole was nowhere to be found after their rehearsal, while Yoong and his gang was on the duet rehearsal stage.

 

"Aigoo... " He can only sigh and focus back his attention to his bread in his lap.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at the theater hall...

 

"That's a rap guys!!! You can go freely now while, the team from South Korea will have their night for rehearsals.. Enjoy the competition." Announces the Director as soon as the rehearsals for opening and closing, ended. One by one, the delegates from each country were stepping off from the stage and go directly to their respective dressing rooms. 

 

while...

 

Yoong, was on the side still focus to his phone, texting Taeyeon to be exact. Taeyeon was still unknown to his friends while his father was in the audience already talking with Professor Kwon. Jessica and Tiffany were conversing with the guys of USA team whereas the younger girl was...

 

"Hey Hyun... "

 

Seohyun immediately look up as he stopped to her tracks. She was about to step off from the stage when someone tap her shoulders and he find it, it was Charles.

 

"Uhmm... Why?" She couldn't utter any word as to arching her eyebrows only and faces the taller white guy.

 

"Good job for the practice. And... Uh... good luck for tomorrow? I'll be anticipating to see your duet with my cousin then?" Charles snickered.

 

But as the younger could responde...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter