Saving You

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Once in a lifetime, means there's no second chance

--------------------------

 

 

 

She stands, in front of her guest--faking a smile.

 

Where are you, Yul? How am I going to leave this place? If you’re not coming?

 

She thought, walking towards her seat after she had greeted the guest here and there. Suiting herself in front of the guest, she could feel her heart pounding so fast. Not because she’s excited, it’s because she was afraid that Yul might not come. If in case, she would be probably doing this on her own.

 

Yul, you left me no choice. I’m going to kill you once I’ll see you idiot!

 

She clenches, upon having it in her mind. Later then she feels someone sat beside her. It was Taecyeon.

 

“Glad you came.” Taecyeon said, smiling so sweet at his future wife. Unlike the other day, Jessica would answer him, however today, it’s just too different and she remained silent, not minding another words from Taecyeon.

 

“I thought you are going to cancel this? Where’s Yul when you needed him?”

 

She clenches even tighter. She’s getting pissed even more from Taec’s added words.

 

“He’s that coward, eh? well, it’s not surprising. Because he even doesn’t care to be here. I thought he loves you?”

 

“Yul just don’t want some trouble. He’s a guy who doesn’t care to be bothered with this waste.” Jessica snaps, glaring at Taec so intense. Taecyeon simply shrug his shoulders, tilting his head in front of the guest around them.

 

“By the way, you look gorgeous.” Taecyeon added, causing Jessica to scoffs in annoyance.

 

“Just a minute, this ceremony will be over, then… marriage is next.” Taecyeon added.

 

Jessica almost want to walk away now. She couldn’t hold this anymore and just want to walk out. But, as she can see her parents and his parents greeting a lot of guests, she made herself control and just wanted to stay for a while first.

 

She’s determined.

 

She’s determined to cancel this silly engagement ceremony.

 

“Oh! my priest by the way, will be here Too. to wish us.”

 

“Wish you my .” Jessica mutters.

 

That was the last words from the blonde, witnessing the entire hall started to close. That could be mean one thing, it’s already starting.

 

Her parents sat on her right side, while Taec’s was in his left.

 

“This is it.” She mutters, waiting for any cue to stand up and just said something in her part.

 

--

 

1 hour passed…

 

“let’s have both parent’s speeches.” The MC said, filling the entire hall with his voice.

 

Jessica waited patiently. She wasn't even paying attention to both of their parent's speeches. All she wanted to do right now is to have her turn and announces what's in her mind.

 

Not long after, Taecyeon turned the table and speak for his own. 

 

-----------------------------------------------

[Dongguk]

 

"Okay! That's a wrap. Let's take a break." Yul shouted, after the last rehearsal. He let the performers to have their 30 minutes of rest befroe the show started. 

Passing through series of dressing rooms, he stopped in his own dressing room and entered it with a heavy exhaust sigh. He let his body rest at a comfortable seat, with his head leaning to the head of the couch. 

As soon as his mind was at peace, he couldn't help and diverted it to the on going engagement ceremony happening at the other side of the city. It hurts him to not be there, and just let Jessica handle the problem, however, he has his reasons. He wants his girlfriend to see what's really in her heart, not just because he's her boyfriend. Hopefully and the latter will choose over her happiness rather than being engage to someone she doesn't like.

 

"It'll be okay... It'll be okay Yul. Jessica is big now. She can do whatever is in her mind. Don't pressure her." She mumbles, along with her deep sigh.

 

Yul, fetch me later.

 

Out of a sudden, he was reminded by his girlfriend's words, which never miss to make him feeling so guilty. Deciding to grab his phone, he dialed it fast and the other line immediately answered...

 

[Yah! where are You?]

 

He was taken aback. "Wait, Jess? Are-"

 

[Fetch me now!]

 

"What? so are you saying... "

 

[I am no longer engage.]

 

"What?" To his surprised, He stood and almost want to drop the phone upon hearing the news. "That means... "

 

[Do you want to see us together or not?]

 

"Of-ofcurse... I want us to be together! But... "

 

[Then fetch me!]

 

Tot-tot-tot...

 

"Aish!" with a hiss, he left his room in a hurry, not minding the concert that will begin later. He skip a lot of calls from his fellow chorale member until he reach the parking lot, and hope in to speed up.

 

Night sky greeted him in a traffic jam in the street. Once again, he hisses with how long is the traffic. This is going to take a long time for him. So then, he decided to left his car and run so fast, as if his life depend on whether he'll catch his girlfriend or not. 

 

He jumps when a car suddenly block his way, speeding up with non stop. 

 

"Wait for me there cutie!" He mutters, trying his best to skip all the blocking crowd in the street. 

 

He's starting to feel sweat running his forehead down to his cheeks, which he would constantly wipe off. Stopping in a cross intersection, he let his breathing escape through his nose and mouth. He only has 15 minutes left to reach to the hotel, just one more street.

 

"Damn. I have another 15 mins left for the concert... too." He casually slap his forehead to finally realize what he left. But he is determined to get his girlfriend first. 

When it was time for people to walk, without any thought, he runs as fast as he can. His smile not leaving him, thinking of fetching his girfriend. His heart couldn't deny the fact that it needed the blonde's touch. Somehow, he was sorry because he was in a bad mood just earlier. And now that it's becoming so clear, he doesn't want to slip this upportunity and run for his happiness.

Jessica is the best thing that happens in his life, for almost a year. Asking for more is greedy, but he wishes to be with her forever. Not minding any problems that would block them, he promises to be much stronger for her. 

 

With another turn on his left, the buildings ahead him is already showing the Jung Hotel. He can see some guest coming out from the said hotel, but he skip them all the way to the event place.

 

----------------------------------------------

 

Jessica was about to leave the place when the door opens, revealing the tan guy--heavy panting.

 

"Yul." She calls, as Yul approach him slowly.

 

"I'm... I'm... sorry... I was busy with... the... concert." Yul said, between his heavy breaths. Sweats all over his forehead. "Are... you okay?"

 

Jessica didn't answer, and just wrap her two arms in Yul's neck. She bring him closer, before she answers. "I'm okay. Glad you're here,"

 

"Where are your parents? I want to talk to them"

 

Jessica shake her head. "Yul... it's okay, they're on their way home now."

 

"What about Taecyeon's parents?" Yul continued to ask, pushing a little the latter, to make her face him.

 

"They are currently processing the contract. As what I expected, they're pulling out their shares."

 

"Does that mean... "

 

"The Jung Hotel will be... bankrupt." Jessica sadly shared. Her tears then finally drops, to Yul's jumping heart. He quickly envelope her with a warming hug he could comfort. Jessica sobs silently.

 

"This is my fault."

 

"Shshsh... don't blame yourself. You just did it for your happiness." Yul comforted.

 

"But even so...  I shouldn't have-"

 

"I am going to cancel your wedding eventually if you happen to continue it." Yul cut off, knowing the next words from his girlfriend. His hand find it way to Jessica's back, rubbing it slowly in comfort.

 

Jessica coudn't hold and sobs. The pain of regret somehow would indulge her, but as Yul's warming hands and comforted words would echoed through his ear, she'll find herself being contented with what she did. She done it because she wants her happiness to continue. There's no doubt about it.

 

"Thank You cutie~" She mumbles.

 

Ring... ring... Ring...

 

Suddenly Yul's phone, rang--causing him to groan in frustration, picking it up.

 

[Where are you? The concert is about to begin!]

 

His eyes rolled, upon hearing his father's voice. "I'm on my way dad. Wait for us." He said, ending the call right away.

 

Jessica giggles, cupping Yul's cheeks. "But before that cutie. I want to eat first."

 

"De?" Yul frowned.

 

"Hmm.... Korean cuisine this time?"

 

"Aish! no!!!"

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

--Cambridge--

 

"Here."

 

Krystal's eyes was fix to the cup of coffee in the table. 

 

"I'm sorry, I didn't intended to do it." But her eyes, immediately went directly to the speaking doe-eyed guy across her. She can see his bright eyes, sparkling like there's no tomorrow. She knows this exactly, and she sure it says something for his girlfriend. She wouldn't mind though, but because of this, she was dropped earlier due to the excitement of this doe-eyed guy.

 

"I'm sorry?" another begging aegyo, she flinches as she keep her smile.

 

"There you go. I thought you wouldn't mind to smile after I drop you. Hehe~"

 

"Oppa, Krystal is just joking." Suzy, came by, sitting beside her best friend with her own cup of coffee.

 

"oh? really?"

 

 "Aish! Suzy...why do you always keep my plans cut? huh?" Krystal smack her best friend's right arm.

 

Yoong chuckles. "You kiddo. I thought you are really mad at me." , shaking his head out of his disbelief.

 

"I'm just kidding Oppa." Krystal giggle, as she grabs her cup of coffee that Yoong made for her.

 

"Anyway, I think I better get going. You guys still need to study first." Deciding to left early, Yoong stood to grab his bag in the side. Krsytal and Suzy s do the same.

 

"But Oppa, I don't have quiz tomorrow." reasoned Suzy, watching the doe-eyed guy packing his things.

 

"Nope, Suzy you need to study even you don't have. Don't you know that I and my girlfriend has been doing that kind of thing? Believe me, it's fun." Yoong said, ready to leave.

 

"Wow. I think your girlfriend is boring Oppa." Krystal remarked, to Yoong's surprised. He stop his track and look at krystal.

 

"Come again Krystal?" Krystal immediately bit her lip for uttering such a word. 

 

"Uh... I didn't mean to Oppa. I'm saying... "

 

"Krystal, I think you should know her first before saying she's boring. Umm... to tell you the truth, she's really the most adorable girl I've ever known. She's cute-"

 

"Okay stop Oppa. Krystal is just sorry. You don't need to describe your girlfriend to us." Suzy said stopping the beaming doe-eyed guy.

 

Sigh.

 

"I'm just... telling you guys, that my girlfriend ain't the girl you always see as nerd." Yoong desperately sigh, after having been cut off. He resumed his tracks, just to hear Krystal's word's again.

 

"I'm sorry Oppa. I really didn't meant to. I hope you're not mad."

 

Yoong stop once again, to smile to the younger. "It's okay. I was just... really defensive too. You know how much I love her."

 

Krystal was left speechless. For a guy like him, she thinks it's one of a kind. The doe-eyed guy was the first guy who make her say, that not all guy doesn't care about relationships. Yoong somehow posses the ideal type of guy for almost a lot of girls out there. 

 

She and Krystal doesn't need to utter anymore words as they let him left their room. But as the door closes, Krystal had finally realized what she missed. She quickly grab her noteback inside her bag and runs after for Yoong, even for she's limping with only one foot. 

 

"Omo Krystal wait!" Suzy also followed outside.

 

"Oppa wait!"

 

Yoong stop on his tracks once again, to see Krystal behind limping. Instinctively, he hold her by her hand to support her.

 

"Oh! Thank You Oppa."

 

"What was in your mind? You can't walk that normally yet" 

 

Krystal giggle. "It's okay, Oppa. Just want to hand you this."

 

Yoong's eyebrows furrowed,his eyes was fix to the notebook on her hand. "What's this?"

 

"We check our assignment earlier."

 

"Chincha?" Suzy and Yoong said in unison.

 

Knowing it exactly, Suzy anticipates as Yoong opened the notebook carefull. She watches as Yoong flip the pages, until he stop it to the said topic Krystal is talking about.

 

"Oh... em... gee... " Suzy exclaimed, upon reading the perfect score. There was even some words of encouragement from her professor.

 

"Wow... so you perfect it?"

 

"No Oppa. We perfect it. Without your help, I don't think I can perfect this. Thank You so much Oppa." Krystal beams, shaking Yoong's hand in process.

 

"Hahaha... It's okay." Yoong smile so awkwardly.

 

"I think I should study too, right?" Suzy who got a bit jealous immediately snaps the hand of her best friend away from Yoong's grasp. 

 

"You should Suzy, look at Krystal here... I'm so proud!" 

 

"Chincha? Thank You Oppa. Okay... I want to thank You more, why... not... Umm... I'll cook for your breakfast this morning?"

 

"What? Yah! Krystal! You don't even know how to cook." Suzy said as a matter of fact.

 

"Eh? It's okay Suzy! It's only hot dog and some pancakes though. Well, I guess you can help me too. What do you think Oppa? Hmm?"

 

"Uh... It's... " Yoong couldn't say no literally. "Fine, you can do it." He defeatingly said. 

 

"Yay! WE'LL SEE YOU LATER THIS MORNING OPPA!!!" Instead of Krystal only, Suzy also joined in this celebration.

 

Yoong couldn't hide his amusment and chuckle, he patted both of the girl's shoulders and decided to resume going back to his room. Suzy and Krystal bump into each other's bum to celebrate.

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

Yoong couldn't deny it anymore, he was really starting to build trust on them. The way they would take care for his campaign was an evidence that no matter what happens, the two girls would definitely be bringing more surprise to his stay in the University.

 

"But I can't still wait to see you baby.. " But no matter how he tried to enjoy his stay in the University too, his heart is still longing for someone in Donggu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter