You Know Better than I

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You Know Better than I

 

 

I don't know what happens to me on stage. Something else seems to take over.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

***********

 

Arriving at home, Seohyun was met by silence. The entire house is fillend with silence. Must be, her umma is already asleep. She walked pass the tiny living room to her room just nearby. Opening the lights, she sighed and throw her bag on the side. On the bed, she saw her mother sleeping already which makes her smile warmly.

 

“Umma must be tired.” She mutters and quietly climbs to the bed, avoiding her mother to awake the latter.

 

Slowly sneaking her two arms to her mother’s waist, she scan already smell the familiar scent of her mother's hair. 

 

“You just got home? … do you have a nice day?” her mother’s voice tells her that the latter hasn’t sleeping yet. So she decided to answer the question.

 

“I had… a little.” Seohyun replied softly.

 

“Eh?”

 

“Just kidding umma. My first day is great.” She softly said, mesmerize by her umma’s soft breathing.

 

“That’s good to know. By the way… I have to tell you this before anything else.” her mother shifted her position to fully face her daughter.

 

“What is it umma?” she raised from her lied position and look at her mother under.

 

“I’ll be leaving tomorrow… “ her mother announce with a smile even for it’s difficult to say.

 

“Already?” Seohyun suddenly raise her voice, quite surprised. Though she knows it already, she’s not yet ready for her umma’s departure.

 

“I have to sweety… Your father needs me there. Don’t worry, your sister will take care of you from this on.” Her mother assured her a smiled. Knowing exactly, that her youngest will surely be missing her.

 

“Umma… Don’t leave me please. You know unnie could be busy.” Seohyun scaredly shared what she feels.

 

“Joohyun… I know it’s hard, but this is just the way to continue your studies. You know how much appa is working just to give you the best school, right?”

 

Seohyun felt sorry for her parents. In order for her to finish her studies, her parents should work hard abroad. Both of her parents didn’t finish their studies making them hard to find ny good work in the country. As much as she wanted to work too, her parents won’t allow her. Always telling her to do on her studies well so that she can repay what her parents had done for her too. Her brother and her sister stops on their studies just to help their financial needs too.

What she can do at the moment is to give her family an assurance that she’ll graduate that they can be proud of.

 

Seohyun nodded slowly as she embraces her mother warmly. “I’m going to miss you.” She whispered.

 

“The same here, my angel.” Replied her mother, caressing the back of her youngest.

 

Seohyun escape a single tear as she was being hug by her mother. She’s going to miss the touch, her mother’s voice as well as the love and care that she use to feel. For her entire childhood, her parents were always there for her no matter how hard is their life can be.

Her precious mother is leaving tomorrow for the sake of her studies. Although not really liking the fact, she has nothing to do but to accept it. It’s for the best and she’s willing to repay it by studying hard.

 

-

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The next morning....

 

 

[Welcome New Members of Duggok Choral]

 

Nicole brightens to read the banner just when she stops right in front of the said Music Theater. She beams and immediately she steps inside with a folder on her hand.

 

“Miss? New member?” she was asked by another member of the club just right in the door.

 

Nodding, she handed her folder to the girl and quietly, she entered the room and was met by few new members too. She spotted an empty bench for a seat and quickly opens her phone to call somebody.

 

“Yah! where are you Hyunnie? I am here already.”

 

[I’m on my way… by the way, why did you have to drag me on this? I’m not even a member.]

 

“Well since you don’t have class at the moment, why don’t you cheer for me first. Hmm?” Being first timer to take another extracurricular, Nicole needed some cheer from her best friend who never miss to brighten her mood.

 

[fine, I’m going—]

 

“Omo, hey! Are you okay hyunnie?” Nicole panicked when she heard a loud thud.

 

No answer.

 

There was no answer until… *tot-tot-tot…

 

“What happened to her?” ask Nicole in confusions, worrying her.

 

-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

A tan guy is in the floor, clutching both of his chest and his left wrist. Close tight eyes, the tan guy slowly opens his eyes and was met by the same girl she saw yesterday.

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t see you… are you okay?” asked the concerned young lady, wearing a cute pouty face.

 

With heavy breathes, the tan guy didn’t respond and just slowly raised her body for a sit. “It’s okay… I’m okay, don’t worry.” She stated, slowly getting up as he clean his white uniform.

 

“Why are you running by the way?” Yul asked in curiosity. Ever since he saw the girl, he wasn't sure but he's longing to see the younger girl again. 

 

“Yes? Uh, I’m actually going to attend my friend’s welcome showcase.” Seohyun stated, quite shy to the tan guy in front.

 

“Welcome showcase?” arching his brow, Yul sure knows that event. He’s one of the members to be hold. “Are you talking about to the Dunggok Choral?” he asked in confirmation instead.

 

“Yes, that club.” Seohyun innocently replied.

 

Yul suddenly snickered. The way to the said music theater isn’t what the young lady thinks.

Clearing his throat, Yul wanted to give the girl the right way. “Uhmm, I don’t want to make you embarrass, but… actually the way to that event isn’t here, it’s on the other side… this way is for sport gyms.” He slowly and softly said, doesn’t want the girl to feel embarrass.

 

Seohyun blushes because of embarrassment. “Why am I always so bad with directions.” She mumbles, looking away from the tan guy. “Uh, t-thank you… “ she bowed and turn on her back. “Aish! This school is just too big.”

 

Yul quietly laughs, as he followed behind closely the girl since its his way too.

 

Feeling that someone is following her, Seohyun stops on her track and was startled to see the same guy.

 

“Uh, it’s my way too. We’re going the same event.” Yul reasoned out quickly.

 

“Oh, okay.” Seohyun can only bow again and resumes her tracks. She felt uncomfortable with the guy’s presence but somehow, she felt relief to have someone walking with her. The guy’s aura is warm, making her felt belong. Unlike to the doe-eyed guy he met yesterday on her first day.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jessica walks in to the empty music room, hoping to spot her friend. And As expected, she saw the doe-eyed guy on the piano, singing some song.

 

“I thought I did what's right, I thought I had the answers, I thought I chose the surest road, But that road brought me here… “

 

Yoong stops midway when she heard a footsteps coming closer and closer. Smiling to his self, he turned and smiled even more to see who just went inside.

 

“You’re alone?” Jessica asked softly.

 

“Just practicing for the last time. I’ll have welcome song for the 2nd batch of new members later. Hmm? Why are you here?” Yoong asked in curiosity. He knows the girl has her class at the hour, to his curiosity.

 

“Wanted to see you sang… of course. Oh, by the way… Your dad called.”

 

Dad.

 

Yoong just slightly smiled and face the piano again. “Why did he call?”

 

Sitting beside the younger boy, Jessica scooted closer. “Just wanted to ask about your life. You know how much he misses you a lot.”

 

Yoong heaved a sighed. “How is he now?”

 

“Hmm… doing good… he said, his doing some new projects in Korea, might be… he’ll visit you.” Jessica raise a brow, tilted her head to see the face of the younger boy.

 

Yoong contemplated to answer. It’s been a while since he heard a news coming from his father. Although he misses also his father, he can’t help but to feel sorry. His father has his own family already, so there’s no point for him to see once again the latter. He was raise by his own mother and he can only see his mother as his only guardian.

 

“You don’t want to see him, right?” Jessica asked in a low voice. Knowing that the latter doesn’t want to talk about his father.

 

Yoong smiled all of sudden and faces Jessica. “I… don’t think it’s necessary.” He brightly said.

 

Jessica nods. “Okay… so… it’s really over now?”

 

“Over what?” confused, Yoong raised his brow.

 

“Those hard feelings I mean…”

 

Yoong pinch Jessica’s cheeks before replying… “I’m over with it already. I forgive him with what he had done and appa knows it too well. I wanted a good life now Noona. I’m contented with mom only on my side. I don’t need anybody now.” He said as a matter of fact.

 

Jessica chuckles, reaching for Yoong’s hand and squeeze it gently. “You know you can always have me if you have some problems there.”

 

“Aish! I hate this… you’re so dramatic.” Yoong scolded, playfully giving a knock on Jessica’s head, causing the latter to pout.

 

“I’m just telling the truth.”

 

Yoong chuckles with Jessica’s cute reasoned. “Yeah yeah… I know. Anyway, I’ll have to go now. You’ll come with m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter