The Proposal [Season Finale]

ToHave & ToHold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


A/N: finally, it's the final chapter. Enjoy! keke~

and for the last time, I excuse for grammar errors 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

20mins… 30mins… 1hr… 2hr…

 

And so on and forth, Yoong found himself exhaust in a dim street, sitting by a bench.

 

“Aigoo, I’ve been into 4 streets already, Yoonghyun. Why I can’t still find her?” asked him as he looked down at a sleeping little fox already. Sweats are forming into his forehead, even for how cold the weather was.

 

He took another glance at his watch, just to confirmed the time; 11:59pm.

 

“Seconds left… and… it’s Christmas.” Yoong hissed, smacking his forehead in purpose.

 

Disappointed.

 

Definitely he is. His plans to propose in Christmas day at exactly 12am would never come true. Blaming himself for being so rush for buying tickets that he end up booking his own and didn’t even ask for someone in the hotel to fetch for Seohyun.

 

“Now I don’t think I’ll forgive myself if I find her in a street sleeping.” He added, standing up again to resume his search. The street was dead from silence, but he never wanted to give up. Boa told him that the younger had least money and that; it’s not enough for reservation, keeping him still alive in search for her.

 

The little fox in his arms suddenly barked, causing for him to back away and scolded the fox.

 

“Yah! shut up Yoonghyun! I know you are hungry now. But one more street okay?” He asked and the fox didn’t complied, jumping off his arms instead.

 

“Yah! Yah! comeback here!!!” Yoong runs off, chasing for Yoonghyun.

 

“Aish! comeback Yoonghyun!” He keeps on chasing as he was lead into an alleyway where he could already see some quite lights and some few people are passing by. He chases the little fox, trying his best to reach for it. He would occasionally unbalance for a while and then get up to chase it again and again. When he slips into a slippery pathway, he end up in the floor with a thud.

 

“Damn!” he hissed and get up once again, wandering to see if Yoonghyun can still be found. When he saw a white tail behind a trashbin, he stood up and slowly approaches the little one. He bends down and giggle to see the little fox eating a leftover food.

 

“Let’s eat a clean one. Come on boy.” He said and then gently picked up the little fox to his arms. He wanders to search for any restaurant. “Hmm… what restaurant is good?” until his eyes caught a korean restaurants. He wasted no time, jogging towards the restaurant and then entered.

 

“Good Evening Sir, do you have any reserve table?” asked a girl that greets him in the door.

 

“Oh! I don’t have. Can I still do my dinner here, then?”

 

“Sure. Follow me Sir.” The girl in a handbook attire lead him a way, which soon he was greeted to few of Koreans and Asians inside celebrating Christmas in their respective tables. He bowed and bowed until he was already in his table, sitting with his legs cross and Yoonghyun on the side.

 

“Let me know if you are ready to order Sir.” The girl said, was about to left when he stopped her.

 

“Oh, Uh… do you have any breeds here instead? For my fox here?”

 

“We do have Sir. Please wait for a while.” Said the girl and left him.

 

Yoong then turned to Yoonghyun, disappointed again at staring at him eating some left over in the side. He gradually scolded it again and forcedly picked him up and just carried to his arms, while waiting and choosing some food in the menu.

 

whoa! This is my favorite~

 

Out of a sudden, he heard a giggle inside a next room. He simply made a little smile as he still can’t see any good food in the menu.

 

“Sir, here is for your pet.” The girl then went back with a food in her hand. Yoong accepted it and simply put Yoonghyun back to his side then let it eat his own food while he ordered for his food.

 

“I want to eat all these 5 dishes.” Yoong grins, pointing to every food in the menu.

 

“You serious?”

 

“Yes! I’m a big eater ya know.” He answered, grinning away so wide to the girl. The girl rolled her eyes and then left him without words anymore.

 

Turning back his attention to Yoonghyun, another smile appeared across his face while he patted the latter’s body.

 

Not long after, his orders came and he didn’t waste any time, feasting all kinds of Korean foods he misses a lot. He got no mercy when it comes to food, especially if it’s favorite—chicken. Yoonghyun on the other hand is eating vigorously too, doesn’t want to be beaten by his boss.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

On the other side of the restaurant, a girl in a beanie hat came out from her room so full, patting her stomach like there’s no tomorrow as she started to leave the place. She greeted some few Koreans in the side with a Merry Christmas along the way, until she had a wide yawn outside.

 

She spread her two arms too, made some stretching from left to right then from front to back. “No sleeping tonight.” She mutters, deciding to just jog the street she came across on her way in the restaurant.

 

Bending down and then up, she yawns once again and shouted… “Merry Christmas World!!!” before she gradually started to jog in the way to the Fontana she passed a little while.

 

Her sweats not long after can be visible while is agape for an air. Then her two arms are swaying from back and forth while she was listening to a song called ‘Runaway’ by Bruno Mars.

 

It’s my first gift for your birthday, right?

 

Hmm, have I told you that you smell so nice when you just woke up?

 

I really have such an adorable girlfriend, eh?

 

I won’t ever let go of you, you promise you will too.

 

And more words from Yoong give her such pain in her heart. Her jog is becoming a run in later time, which really give her just 15 minutes to arrive in the Fontana.

She seated on it and breathed so heavily as she let sweats drops everywhere in her head then all over her face.

Her chest is moving up and down while she keeps her breathing to calm.

 

“I refuse to fight for you again, Yoong. Yeah, I’m quite really confusing, isn’t it? I hope you are… doing… fine right now… with your family.” She said between her breaths as she looked up to the sky. Too bad, there were no stars nor a bright moon because of it’s cloudy night.

 

Instead of staying her head up, she decided to have a walk again in a long stairs before the Fontana. She started to climb it while she put her two hands inside her pocket in her jacket, and counts also the stairs just to accompany here.

 

“I’ll visit more tourists spots later.” She mumbles upon realizing for wasting the day that passed. She can just walk anyway while she enjoy the city of Rome.

 

-------------------------------------

 

After a while…

 

100th step.

 

She announces the last step, smiling in process too that she had manage to count all the steps for… an hour and half.

 

“Wow! That was exhausting.” She gradually lied in the floor and massages her legs thoroughly. Her smile never fades as she also can sense another bids of sweats. That means, fats are coming out from his body.

 

While she continues to massage her legs, she couldn’t help and yawns at feeling herself sleepy. It’s already 3am at dawn, totally killing her from sleeping already. But what can she do? she got nothing to do to earn money for a reservation. Thankfully and she could place her luggage in a restaurant while she can’t seem to stay there for a sleep.

 

“Aigoo~” she yawns again and decided for a walk once again. This time, her mind is telling her legs to walk all the way to the theater where the Music Festival took place every year.

 

She assumes the place will still be this alive because she happened to see poster about an Italian Music Festival.

 

She walked and walked while yawning here and there until in no time, she was already in front of the theater. She smiled half eyed as soon as she noticed some University Students coming in and out. She wasted no time and crosses the street to jog towards the Theater.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yoong for the nth time made a spreading of arms, yawning away while exiting the hotel. He just dropped Yoonghyun in his room which considers him as freedom because the fox didn’t even help him to find the younger. He made sure to close the door earlier so quite to have his leave.

 

Entering a cab, he quickly told the taxi driver to be so patient as they roam around the street. Though most of the streets are already this quite, he couldn’t just stop and sleep instead while his girlfriend is outside, feeling the coldness. He couldn’t imagine her to freeze in a street.

 

“This is really my fault.” He mutters again and again, blaming himself for being such a jerk.

 

After 30 minutes passed…

 

“4:30am.” Yoong watches as his watch strike into that time, reading it with another yawn. He seriously can feel his heavy eyes already. Even for the fact that the taxi driver is already complaining him, he didn’t mind and made a promise to double pay the driver if he also stays awake with him.

 

An hour passed, he end up in a Fontana where he remembers the fight and the make-up he shares with the younger in the place. The Fontana also made him to look up into the stairs before him, wandering as he wishes he could spot her.

 

“Aigoo, the hell she is?” he seriously ruffled his hair out of frustration and then went back to the cab.

 

“Hmm, can we visit the Music theater this time?” he commanded, which also complied by the taxi driver right away.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Everywhere I'm looking now

I'm surrounded by your embrace

Baby, I can see your halo

You know you're my saving grace

You're everything I need and more

It's written all over your face

Baby, I can feel your halo

Pray it won't fade away

 

I can feel your halo (halo) halo

I can see your halo (halo) halo

I can feel your halo (halo) halo

I can see your halo (halo) halo

Whoa

 

Seohyun found herself in one of the benches in the audiencearea =, moving her head to the beat of the music while a male singer is rehearsing for his piece. She keeps on snapping her two fingers too while she sang along silently.

 

“I can feel your halo (halo) halo, I can see your halo (halo) halo” she suddenly sang loudly to which the male singer had a high confident and sang the song more emotionally while he keeps on putting his right hand in the air.

 

Seohyun giggles at receiving a reaction from the male singer and continue to sang along with him, enjoying himself in a whole new level. She stood and keeps on snapping while she sang along the way.

 

Until at the last stanza, she ended her harmonizing with the guy successfully.

 

“Wow. That was Good.” The guy clapped his hand as he jump off the stage and held out his hand to her. “It’s William by the way, representative from Dongguk University.” The guy said, gratefully wanting to shake the girl’s hand. Seohyun’s eyes lit up after being informed. She immediately took the hand from the guy and shake it enthusiastically.

 

“It’s Seo Joohyun by the way. I’m from Dongguk too. But that was a year ago.” she said, so bright.

 

“Really? Omo! This is so cool. Whose batch did you came along?”

 

“Hmm, you know Professor Kwon?”

 

“Yup. He’s actually my coach. But too bad, he wasn’t able to be here.” The guy sadly shared.

 

“Oh, that’s too sad. I was missing him too.” Seohyun pouted. “But anyway, so are you doing solo?”

 

“Hmm, yup. And I do duets too.”

 

“Wow! Really? Jjang! That’s my favorite. Duets!” Seohyun cried, showing a thumb up

 

“Yeah, but It isn’t my favorite though. I love solo.”

 

“Eh? why?”

 

“Hmm… let’s just say… my partner in duets is… currently my ex girlfriend.” the guy said sheepishly. Seohyun made an agape, realizing that it seemed like dejavu? Yeah, probably because it was her and Yoong who did duets and got some misunderstanding along the way. Lucky and they manage to grab the 2nd spot in the competition, which makes her a little popular with Italians.

 

“Oh… I see… sorry to hear that.” she replied, awkward.

 

“That’s Okay. It’s nothing to me anymore. We have both move on.” The guy shared.

 

And she made a rising eyebrow because as she can observe it, the guy seemed to have a little sadness from his face. “I don’t want to ask anymore. It’s nice to sing with you, William.” She replied and shake his hand again, decided not to barge with personal stuffs.

 

“It was nice meeting you, sunbaenim.” The guy said then left her place. She resumed to her seat and glances at her watch again, which reads… 5:01am.

 

“Wow! I guess I should be in a book of records. I’ve been so awake for more than 24 hours.” She chuckles while rubbing her eyes and yawns once more.

 

As she yawns in her side, another singer came into the stage, this time, it’s an American? She doesn’t know yet, until the guy sang a song called ‘Runaway’. She nearly stood at the song, upon hearing the first note of the song, because she just had listen to the song on her mp3 just a while.

 

She refuses to react anymore and seated so comfortably at her seat, as if the judge?

 

 

 

 

 

So easy to forget our love,

The little things we do,

Like calling for no reason Just to say the words

“Baby I love you,"

I know lately, I've been busy

But a second doesn't go by

Without you crossing my mind

It's been so long since we had time

Let's take a day & make everything right

 

She made thumbs up listening to the guy singing the song, having so much of emotions and hitting the high notes perfectly.

 

Just take my hand, fall in love with me again

Let's runaway to the place

Where love first found us

Lets runaway for the day

Don't need anyone around us

 

 

Unknown to her, while her ears are enjoying listening to the singer, a young balladeer sit behind her, having the same impressions to the singer too.

 

“Whoa. Such a good singer. He had a perfect falsetto.”

 

“Yeah, I love his rnb voice.” she unconsciously answered, still so engross at the singer in the stage.

 

“His perfect high notes are so amazing.” Said the guy behind, which she formed a smile across his face.

 

She slowly close her eyes and listen to the voice instead.

 

“Is he an american? Or what?” the guy continued to asked, closing his eyes too.

 

“I don’t know~ but he’s really good. He has the same voice with Bruno Mars.” She answered right away again, quite already drifting to her dreamland while two hands are crossing near her chest.

 

The guy behind also slowly drifting to his dreamlands until…

 

Zzzzz…

 

Both of them drifted to their dreamland with both of their arms are across in their chest. The singer keeps on singing until he stopped and left the stage.

 

Unknown to the staff of the theater, they closes the theater without even asking.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

The next Morning…

 

D-Day

Christmas Day

 

Yoong opens his eyes with a tug in his shoulder. He groans and just didn’t barge, instead, pulled the body beside him closer to him, for a pillow.

 

Another tug at his jacket, he opened his eyes and…

 

“Yah! who the hell are you waking me up!” he shouted to a staff in the theater, waking up a girl beside him.

 

“Hmm, what’s wrong?” the girl beside him asked, rubbing her eyes as she stirred up. Yoong froze and quickly turned his head to the voice.

 

“Omo!” just to widen his eyes forcedly. Apparently, beside him is… “Hyunnie!!!” he greeted so bright.

 

Seohyun rubs her eyes more to see who the hell is holding her waist and the worst, their bodies are so close. “Yah! ert!!!” doesn’t have any clue why, she stood up and accuses the doe-eyed guy.

 

Yoong stood defensively. “Yah! It’s Yoong! How can you not recognize me?”

 

The younger rubbed her eyes thoroughly more, before she had widening eyes. She gasped, having seen herself in front of her ex boyfriend? “Y-Yoong~” she huskily called to which the doe-eyed guy pulled her for a hug, happy to see her.

 

Unfortunately,

 

“Ugh… Yoong… “ she wasn’t in her mind when she pushed him away. Yoong got surprised.

 

“Waeyo?”

 

She didn’t answer and instead dashes outside. Yoong followed, leaving the staff of the theater dumfounded.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Wait Hyun!”

 

No answer.

 

“Yah! why are you ignoring me?”

 

No answer.

 

With a mess in his hair out of his frustration, Yoong never stop upon calling his girl. “Hyun! Please hear me out first!”

 

However, it seems the younger opened her eyes moody. She continued to walk in the street, not minding the call behind and the people she will get bump.

 

“What’s wrong? did I did wrong again?” Yoong keeps his voice high, catching the eyes from the public already.

 

Still no answer from the girl.

 

“Fine! If I did, then I’m sorry!” he said, as if it will work.

 

“You didn’t done wrong, Okay?”

 

Yoong gritted his teeth. It wasn’t just a question, but it's more like a nag. How can he assume that he didn’t do wrong?

 

“I think I did. Let me know at least!” he shouted, not minding the glares from people they pass by again. The younger keeps on walking without even knowing where to go. He somehow remembers that it was him who skip his seat and pulled the body beside for a warmth he needed. He smack his head mentally.

 

“Wait Hyun!~ listen to me first! Is it because in the theater!” He walked fast and fast, trying to catch her, but the girl is just too determined, walking fast endlessly too.

 

The younger it’s left, and he did.

 

“Joohyun!”

 

He calls.

 

“Hyunnie wait!”

 

And he calls.

 

“Just kindly stop first!”

 

And more calls, he keep doing the process, giving him lots of sweats already in his face. if it wasn’t for the people passing by them, he would have run to stop him. But he can’t, he might hit some few of these innocent people.

 

“You really doesn’t care?!”

 

“Look, I’m sorry Okay?!”

 

Still stubborn, the girl runs this time, pushing some people across her. Yoong hisses, chasin still, to be able to catch with her.

 

“Wait Hyun!!!”

 

“Yah! stop or else!!!”

 

The girl finally then stop but it was due for the traffic and Yoong almost bump behind her if it wasn’t for his instinct to stop.

 

“Hyun, what’s wrong? why are you ignoring me?” He asked, desperate to clear the things. He blocked her visions just to catch her attention. Fortunately, the younger doesn’t bother, not even looking into his eyes.

 

“You wouldn’t let me know?” Yoong wails.

 

Seohyun of course doesn’t care, shrugging him away from the side and runs across the street in time the car stopped. The doe-eyed guy almost lost his balance, but remained in his stand and followed his girl, too quick to catch for her still.

 

“Yah! I came all the way here just to see you. Just to find you. You don’t care?” he shouted.

 

“Hyun please!!!” he begs and beg, but still won’t work as the girl already heading to a river. Yoong widened his eyes after noticing it.

 

“Seo Joohyun! I demand you to stop!!!” he breathlessly yelled, catching more attentions from foreigners.

 

As if it was a demand or indeed a request, the girl stopped and turned to his back to face the breathless guy that stopped in front of her.

 

“ha… ha…. You… you… finally… s-stop.” The doe-eyed guy breathlessly said, supporting himself from his knees.

 

Unlucky for him, he was still being unheard. He looked up and…

 

“Have you read my letter?” the girl asked him, bluntly. He gulps upon hearing such voice and question. Then feeling his eyes so fierce towards him, he looked down and nodded.

 

“Yeah, I did.” and he looked up again to… “But—“

 

“What it says?”

 

“Umm, you… you have… let go of me. But—“

 

“I’m done being sad about all of these pointless stuffs, YOONG!” she suddenly shouted, taken him aback. Before he knew it, his girl resumed to walk towards the river. And it wasn’t long enough for him to snap from reality, he chases for her and desperately carried her in a bridal style.

 

“Yah! what are you doing?! Put me down!!!” the girl complains, slapping his shoulder and chest.

 

Slap? Yeah, more slaps was being received as he walked back to where they passed. Yoong doesn’t care and brightens to see the cab he had rented already waiting ahead.

 

“IM YOONG PUT ME DOWN!!!”

 

“We promise not to let go from each other, so I’m doing this for your behalf!” he answered irritated, finally entered the cab and throws his girl in the side of the backseat. The driver of the cab then started the engine even without seeing any request.

 

“Yah! get me out here!!!” his girl protested, tried to open the door but it was lucky that the door was locked.

 

Yoong pursued, holding the younger’s wrist and pulled her back in her seat.

 

“Behave!” he scolded, as if the girl is his kid or something. The latter glares at her then simply ignore him by looking away from him. She distance herself and crosses her two arms near her chest, indicating how mad she was… or how moody she was for him.

 

Yoong sighed at the sight before him. He put his hand in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter